That time...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Feb 27, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Honestly, I never take collecting too super seriously... It's just something I do, because of because... but i've been having to sell figures in order to support a car... and honestly, I've made a couple sales and I just feel dirty... and sad.

I know "It's just toys.", but its one of those "it's been a part of me for so long" type dealies, and it's for a good cause so I can go out of the house and do stuff... it's just... I feel like a part of my soul is being torn from me or some shit.

And being all emo and shit on a forum really isn't cool... but, I figured ya'll might be able to relate a little bit more.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I get what you're feeling, and I think a lot of us have gone through the same thing at one time or another when it comes to certain hobbies. However for me, I've always been able to remain content in the fact that even if I don't devote 100% of my spare time to something, it doesn't mean that its gone for good. It's just not the current forefront of my life right now. Yugioh's an easy example for me (especially in regards to how I'm feeling right now), but again, its not like I'm forcing myself to abandon anything to make room for another. Figuratively speaking, I'm just adding another shelf. :) 

3. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Been selling off many things lately, but with a clear mind, actually I know I buy a lot of things which no one has reviewed before anf get disappoited or simply buy things on impulse and later regret it so to keep the cycle, those things go and that is what I sell mostly.

Don´t think I ever had to sell something from the core of my collection though...

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well for me, the majority (if not entirety) of what I own isn't for sale because I'd end up wanting to buy it again right away, thus defeating the purpose. That's why there's so little in my sales thread right now (pretty much just newer stuff that's hard to find, but that I have no personal attachment to), and why I feel that whatever's remaining in & my cabinet was a good purchase.

Like, I suppose things would be different if I was dead broke & on the verge of being homeless, but that would have more to do with life over combiner limb, and less to do with my actual feelings about the hobby.

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

At this point, i'm even selling my core collection... but it's one of those -ihaveto- not I want to... and i'm trying to think of the plus side of "I'll have a car" It's just...clouded by "BITCH THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT MAKES YOU YOU AND YOU LIKE IT QUITE A BIT!". I dunno... just ick.

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, think of it like this. Your car is like your transformer partner, and the core of your real collection. It comes first (no matter the cost), but maybe you can have your energon & eat it too. I mean, if you're still going to school or whatever then it won't be as easy to find work or even make it a top priority, but even a few hours a week can pay for the odd transformer, and without a slue of real life responsibility, its not like saving up 5 bucks a week or whatever should be that hard. If it is, then I don't think your car is to blame, but rather other elements that may or may not be in your control. The sad thing is that with gas being as pricy as it is now, I can't afford to just go driving, and I really try & make my trips as efficient as possible. That's why whenever I go to TRU, it's on the way back from my Yugioh tournaments, or otherwise when I'm already going somewhere.

Granted, its often hard to find work at all (even if you've got perfect availability), but once you've got constant income, budgeting actually becomes possible without selling off your limbs.

7. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Dude, the smile you will have on your face every time you take your car for a drive, probably to go BUY a transformer, will be worth it.

Maybe its just my inner gearhead talking, but having your own car is a great feeling, especially if its your first. Once you have it, you won't feel so icky.

8. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I'm rich, so I collect, go to school, have a job, etc. So I'm pretty well off. I'm jking. But I'm well off to do what I love. I'm lucky and I count my blessings every day. However, I'm not blessed with unlimited space, or a museum, so I sell sh!t to make space for other sh!t.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I can relate; just recently I sold some figures that I felt were impulse buys, but as soon as I sold them, I did feel sad

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I have figures that make me question why I ever wanted them in the first place. I am still trying to find a place to "unload" them.