That one Transformer.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Inikalord, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    We all have a very special sentimental Transformer that is in all our collections that we could almost never part with, whether it be your very first or if it represents something about your life.

For me, I really could never sell my RID Megatron, he was my first ever Transformer and he has special sentimental feel to him. Also, I could never part with my MP-01, even though he is a little damaged in some areas, buying a new one would never feel the same since I spent 5 years of my life to try to hunt him down and I finally have him after I bought him back in 2008.

Lets hear your stories.

2. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Gears.

It was my first Transformer. My mom bought it for me at a store called "Toys for Joy" in upstate NY in 1984. I still have him and he's still in reasonably good shape considering his age (same can be said for me, I guess, LOL).

Gears was my first and he was my gateway drug to everything I have now. I love that little guy.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

my mint condition black Kaltor.
    While not the same one I had as a kid, it's still childhood memories.
    Also, my MP04 Prime. I just love it! The details, the accuracy, the transformation. Everything is spot on.

4. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Generation 1 Ultra Magnus. I can still remember finding on the shelf at Hart's with my Grandmother, and completely wigging out.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing, my first TF. I'm a newb. :D 

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    G1 Hardhead. My very first. And by extension, my HR upgraded Universe Hardhead, who is lovely too. Sentimental value, eh?

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I love Arcee and Cheetor. So almsot any version of them, except for Supreme class BM Cheetor.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    G2 Seaspray. To me, he was my first Transformer, along with the other three G2 Minibots (Bumblebee, Beachcomber, and Hubcap). He's the only G2 toy I have left, but I wouldn't sell him for all the money in the world.

9. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

G1 Prime and G1 Megs, since they were my first ones.

10. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Well-Known Member

my beast wars jawbreaker it was my first

11. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

G1 Hoist. He was my first...I'm never gonna let him go.

12. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Mine is G1 Ratchet. He was my first TF, and I've always wanted to get another one. (My original is loooong gone)

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd probably go and say either Cybertron Hotshot, Ransack, Crumplezone and RID Scourge.

14. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Perhaps Armada Bendy Prime, him being one of my first, or ROTF Leader Starscream, as he was pretty much the best birthday gift I've ever gotten, and he's kind of significant of the time that my family realized that collecting was just a harmless hobby, and not a rabid addiction.

15. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I got this one on Christmas Day in 1988. I lost him that same morning at Grandma's house before I even opened it. My Uncle (who was autistic) noticed I forgot it and put it in his closet so it wouldn't get lost. He and everyone else then forgot about it. I was regifted this figure as a Christmas Eve present in 2002. Mom and Grandma found it while cleaning out my uncle's old room for the move.

I knew the minute I saw it that it was THE SAME FIGURE I lost all those years before. I promptly unsealed the box, applied the labels, and transformed it. The year is now 2010 and that figure has been removed from the packaging only three times. I would sooner sell my Black Zarak and Liokasier than Thunderwing, Thunderwing will never be sold. Ever. Never ever. Never.

~Z

Attached Files:

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Powermaster Optimus Prime. He was one of my favorite TF's as a kid. Right up there with Grimlock and my original Prime. For some reason though, he's the only one I still hold sentimental attachment to. I no longer have my original, but I have the reissue and a vintage in good condition. If I had to sell my whole collection but one toy, he's the one I would hang on to.

17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the Transformers I would most likely never sell would be Alternators Shockblast and WFC Soundwave (the best versions of my two favorite Decepticons) and Armada Swindle (my favorite minicon when I was a kid, and one of the only TFs that are still around).

However, the only toy that I would never ever sell would be my Digivolving Blackwargreymon. Way too much sentimental value in that toy for me to ever sell (I wouldn't have bought one off ebay for $45 to replace the long gone one I had as a kid if I didn't have fond memories of it).

18. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Armada Powerlinx Hot Shot was my first TF. When I had first started watching Armada I absolutly fell in love with the yellow Autobot, and I envyed my brother for getting Hot Shot. Years later, after seeing the first live-action movie, I was going through some of our old toys when I found Hot Shot tangled in the hair of my Barbies. It took some time to get him untangled, but in the end it was worth it, as Hot Shot was the one figure that started me down the road of the collecter. He's really beat up, the paint is scratchd and he's missing his engine block and Jolt, but I still keep him in the front of my collection.

19. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

G1 Monstructor, just because I had so much hell puttung him together, still need a fist and foot.

20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    BW Spittor, Snarl, Razorclaw, and then later TM 2 Spittor. Those three characters were my first favorites.

I loved the regular Spittor as a kid. Then getting the TM 2 version on my birthday was even more special. I still remember the first time I saw it.

Then BW Snarl I thought was cool looking as it was surpose to transform into a T devil.

BW Razorclaw I liked because it had a cool looking scheme. Then when the small claw broke on both versions, I combined both together as my first kitbash.