That Girl in school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Jul 1, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in school, did you ever have That Girl, the one that you never really spoke to or knew much about, but really fascinated you because of some exotic quirk she had?

for me, her name was Cheri and she was a goth, but she was like the classiest goth i had ever seen. No tattoos (visible, i mean) only one set of piercings in her ears, but her clothes and her style was all goth. Her skin and face were pale and her eyes were darkened, hair was ebony under onyx and it was hard to describe her wardrobe.
    She was in at least one of my classes for the 3 years at our high school and when i could, i listened to her speak. she wasn't a normal goth. She was articulate, well read and just amazing.
    my senior year, i finally spoke to her and i am glad i did. She handed me a poem i had written the year before- she wrote it down as i read it to the class and kept it. she kinda liked me.
    she signed my yearbook right before graduation and it is still my favorite. "Your darkness shines brighter than others' joy- revel in that."

so, any of you ever noticed "that girl", the odd or unique one at school and just wondered about her? and did you ever speak to her?

like i said, i am glad i did- otherwise, it woulda nagged me for years.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    For me, it was Becky.

Becky had no arms.

She had hands, but no arms.

Me being the friendly, warm, and genuinely curious person that I am, I one day asked Becky how it was going, and she told me to fuck off and die.

In retrospect, I would have been better off staring from a distance like the rest of my high school.

3. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    really i hate my whole school....but i do like a girl

she is really quiet, really just consentrating on school. Just seeing someone working hard on their future gives me a warm feeling inside....and the fact that she isn't like the other kids who make fun of me even when i leave to myself makes me smile

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  That is cruel, Randall...

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    What?

I was just trying to be friendly. She didn't have to be a total See You Next Tuesday to me.

And it wasn't like I was going to ask her how she wiped her ass or anything.

At least not right away. I figured I'd give it a couple of weeks before I broached the subject.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can't really remember, to be honest. So I'm guessing not.

Huge parts of my memory are gone thanks to work, though. But never noticed it to be anything I've ever missed, so I just don't care.

7. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always talk to the hot goth girl you pass in the hall every day. You'll regret it if you don't.

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Its a long read but take a look, it's pretty good.

Yes I there was a girl like this in my school. Debra was the best looking girl in my school, not the glamor good looking but the girl next door natural beauty. It always fascinated me how she always had a warm wonderful smile on her face and always seemed to make other people smile whenever she was around. She had this glow about her that just made you feel good when you was around her. Debra was the Prom Queen, Homecoming Queen, star softball and basketball player, and vice president of the student body. I was just completely in awe of this girl because of the person she was and what she had accomplished so far in her young life. I am now proud to call this woman my wife and the mother of my child. Police Officers have the highest divorce rate of any other profession. All the stress and heartache that comes along with job is very hard to handle especially when the Officer does not know how to turn it off when they get home. As a rookie I didnt know how to turn it off. I would come home some nights and be upset with the people that had pissed me off and I would talk to her like she was a criminal and then other nights I would come home and cry for hours because of the dead children I had pulled out of cars. She stuck by me during the good and the bad because she knew thats what I loved to do and she respected the passion that I had to help people. I have gotten over all that now and know how to shut it off and deal with things better. I love my wife and she is the best person that I know.

9. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Cute chinese girl in my final year of high school named Katie. Deep into science fiction and Star Trek but couldnt watch them due to church on sundays (DS9 and Voyager were on saturdays after 10) so i would tape them for her. Some of her friends told me after she left (gaduated early and went back to her mother; her parents worked in seperate parts of the country due to jobs) that she had a nice crush on me and it was mutual but i never acted on it. I call it one of my biggest regrets in life :( 

I hope she is living well. Who knows if or when ill see her again

10. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

That quote of her's from your year book is fucking awesome, and why did you never ask her out?

Limed for WIN!

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Not really, usually if I was interested in a girl I talked to her.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I went to a boys school!

So, uh, no. No mysterious girls for me. Whats a girl?

;) 

Actually my story is similar to Prowl Delta 31's, but with a twist. In University, there was this one girl I saw walking around, and I remember thinking she looked very pretty. So throughout the first year I would see her around, stare a little, make a note and be on my way. She wasn't typical, for instance she would have a camping rucksack instead of some stupid handbag to carry her books/work around, that sort of thing.

Anyway, long story short, we ended up being in the same tutor group in the second year, so I got to know her pretty well. In the third year of Uni, we ended up sharing a house (with other students).

Now I'm married to her identical twin sister.

LOL.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  13. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Not really at school, but when I started hanging out underage at the local rock club (The Zoo Bar RIP), there was a girl. I can't remember her name now, heheh, it's a while ago, but I can remember what she looked like.

She was stunningly beautiful, in a kind of goth/alternative/hippy crossover way and the couple of rare times I actually spoke to her (we had some mutual aquaintances) she seemed like the nicest person in the world.

But, I was a bit shyer in those days, and although I didn't have much trouble copping off with plenty of other young rock chicks, I never even DARED go speak to her of my own volition, hahahahahaha.

No idea what she's up to these days, haven't heard anything about her for about 13 years. Don't really want to know anyway, the memories are great, they'll do fine!

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Yeah. I had that type of girl. She just invited me to her wedding, and no I'm not the groom. I'm going to go eat some ice cream and watch the View now. :( 

15. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Very cool story...sounds like a great memory you will always have...thanks for sharing...so yeah why didn't you ever ask her out...?

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

There was one girl who always wore a wig, usually pink, but it would change color from time to time. Never knew why she wore a wig. Always vexed me.

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Chemo?

18. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Tiffany Corwin

Lived two streets up from me, long blonde hair, amazingly cute, equally amazing pair.
    Lost touch after school, Oh well.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

In High School I was crazy about Korean girls and there were two that really caught my eye. One was Helen and she's the popular girl, always chatting with her friends in class. She's got bit of underbite but still pretty as hell to me. I met her twin brothers and thought about making friends with them to get closer to her but decided against it. The other was Jenny. She's the uber quiet type who kept to herself most of the time, but she was on Varsity Cheerleading Squad and was really beautiful and just seeing her in that cheerleading outfit always makes me, um, particularly happy. :D 

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That cute, sorta introverted silly girl in high school with the sweet smile that I really liked...

...is now my wife. :D