Thanks, Transformers Prime (With Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideways77, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Actually killing any of the Autobots (excluding Bumblebee) would bum me out.

That's what I mean....and if they die they have to go out in a blaze of glory or like a champ. Unfortunately the cons never have that chance.

2. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of me thinks its the fact that the voice actors aren't cheap on this show, and the showrunners are wary having actors voice multiple characters, for some reason. The faster they scrap characters, the less VAs they need to have on the show at the same time.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is almost the most likely reason given the VA's who've played the cadavers so far. Alec Baldwin, Tony Todd, The Rock. Hardly blockbuster names but probably too expensive to keep regularily with everyone else they have.

4. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I think what missing the point of which Autobot would be most likely to die this season. For me its between Arcee and Smokescreen for some reason but at this point the show is kind of unpredictable.

5. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Dreadwing was an alright character...he is dead now and I certainly will not be losing sleep over it (if it were Arcee on the other hand.....then that would be very unfortunate :(  )

But Dreadwing made the mistake of turning his back to Megatron. It just doesn't pay to be a Decepticon.

6. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, I like the fact that they've branched out and introduced new people like Combs, Montano, and Baldwin, but its kind of restricted the show's budget, I think. If we had more seasoned VAs who can and will voice different characters, we could have a larger cast. Admittedly, half of those would be recolors, but still, more characters.

7. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

Dreadwing's death has done it's purpose then. :wink: 

It was definitely a waitwhatjusthappened shocking sort of moment for me, but I'm okay with Dreadwing's death. I was actually more upset about Breakdown's death than I am now with Dreadwing.

The way I see it, it felt to me that Breakdown had loose ends, while Dreadwing doesn't. Breakdown had this unexplored relationship with Starscream, whether to choose him over Megatron if the time came, and unexplored past with Bulkhead. Dreadwing had a chance to go to the Autobots and his issue over Skyquake's fate, but both of those were resolved before his death. He said he wouldn't actually join the Autobots, despite giving them the hammer. And the issue with Skyquake? I think he was dead set on his way to kill Starscream, and since I highly doubt killing him wouldn't garner a severe punishment from Megatron, I think he knew the was the price for his revenge was death.

Then again, I've never really been as fond of Dreadwing as some other characters, so maybe that factors in a bit as well. :p 

But killing a character off so suddenly? No warning? I'm fine with that too. It's war. It's a bit difficult to convey that if no one actually dies. I've actually just watched a 13 episode long anime (Now and Then, Here and There) about that sort of thing. Really, everyone's fate, whether they lived or died, was up in the air. (Maybe not the single main character, but everyone else? Fair game.) The one thing that had was suspense. It felt like an actual war, it was intense, no one was really safe and you were always kept wondering. Prime doesn't hold that feeling that much, if at all, so really, I'm kinda glad at least one character got killed. I hate to say that, but without it, this 'war' they're having doesn't feel much like one at all.

8. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

Before his death: helped the autobots gain the forge of solus prime, create a space bridge, basically helped them out in the long run. Attempted to regain his brothers honour.

Wasted Potential?: could have... been killed by starscream? Could have faced against megatron a little longer? could have.... uh nope nothing else comes to mind.

Room needed to be made and thus the writers did a pretty damn good job at killing him.

Emotional, shocking and even fulfilling. to me anyways. I am not giving up on a show for this and I certainly don't think it was necessarily a bad way to do it.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Really dissapointing that his death is basically on the same level as an early 2000's comic book-selling ploy.

"Anybody could die! It's super suspensful and mature, for reals!" It's like Marvel Ultimatum except way lower-key and with more class.

Could've joined the Autobots, could've become a lone faction, could've done anything besides die. That's the thing with potential. It doesn't always end with a tombstone.

10. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a different end for Dreadwing, but I'm glad they surprised us. We need that out of this show, or all the "It's boring, predictable, and bland" sentiments will be 100% accurate.

11. dunerunner123

Yeah, I mentioned in some other threads that Dreadwings death was likely planned by Hasbro to make room for the pretty large amount of additions in beast hunters. I probably should have mentioned it here. My point was originally for people who figure there were better ways to off him. I myself would like him to be the "dinobot character" that we have been promised, but it seems that it just means that a different character would become the dinobot of prime, and that has me a bit more okay with it.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And in exchange, the "they keep suddenly ending exciting plot lines" sentiment will be 100% accurate!

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That doesn't really make it better.

14. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what fanfiction is for. :peoples: 

15. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Sucks. First they had to take away Breakdown, and now Dreadwing. Doesn't help that Ratchet's upcoming fate has been implied as well.

Thank god that Season 3 will have beasts, or else I'd be done with this show.

16. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

:lol 

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

18. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Key word.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's too much to ask for the official show not to pointlessly kill off characters huh?

20. dunerunner123

I wasnt implying that it was, my point was that the writers did what they could to make the death worth something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.