Thanks TFCC... Your credit fraud has F'ed me over..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demonss, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So hopefully this gets taken care of, but when my discover card had it's number stolen thanks to a purchase from TFCC someone bought a dell laptop or something with my cc account.

I had immediately disputed the charge and got a replacement card when that happened, but I got a call from a collections agency saying I owe this money and it's never been paid.

HOPEFULLY discover will fix this issue (the woman said on the phone that it might have just slipped through the cracks and she's going to look into it).. But look at the hassle.. Now my credit rating and such is probably being hurt from this debacle...

If something doesn't happen and this situation gets fixed, then TFCC better pay for this dell product someone bought on my CC due to their site..

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Good luck with that last part, it'll be a cold day in hell before they do that.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The frickin internet's like walking on ice.

It's a domino effect of bullshit.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    TFCC? Take responsibility for their mistakes? Hahahaha I am so sorry to hear about that. I just hope your CC company has got the situation under control.

5. Demonss

News Credits:
    Discover has treated me well when something similar happened, but the airline company never sent me to collections.. This seriously miffs me.. it's more than a fraud charge now...

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Again?

7. Demonss

News Credits:
    Nope.. This is related to when it happened the first time (fraud in feb). It was "Resolved" and now has suddenly gotten worse, reigniting my anger as a collection agency is now calling me..

8. Eigo Risu

Eigo Risu Less than meets the eye

Ebay:
    where did the criminal buy the Dell? if it was some two-bit dinky internet firm (to coin a phrase), they may not have believed discover when they told them the purchase was fraudulent, and thus sent it with all their other debt to a collections agency.

hope it gets sorted for you, sounds like it will be though. just keep calm and let discover deal with it.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is an issue with Discover. The information breach with out a doubt originated from the TFCC but any complications from online fraud rest solely in the hands of the card company.

Good luck with the claim.

10. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yup I realize once reported to discover, then it's kind of discover's problem.. But I hate being put in this situation, and needed a place to vent. :) 

11. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Not so Grasshopper, when my info was stolen (notified via my CC Fraud dept) I filed a report with the local police since the info was stolen here in my locality. Seeing as since my info was sold out of state, that brought in the Feds. I had to contact the local police dept where the crime happened in Baltimore via fraud squad but I do believe that the ring has been broken. Escalating the issue did make me feel better.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  12. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yup I think that's the thing that worries me most about this.. Having not dealt with this type of situation previously I just followed the CC company's instructions in what I need to do.
    I had no idea I should be reporting this to the police and such which the collection people seem to be asking, which I said, "I followed the instructions discover told me to do, had I known that I should be calling the police based on it I would have."

Now I know I suppose for next time, and hope I don't have to throw away money due to this foolishness from the club's mistakes..
    Wonder if anyone else is having this issue..

13. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Nope, no issues yet beyond the initial fraud.

But I can guarantee there won't BE a "next time" with TFCC, that's for damn sure.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    This is why I'm not doing that subscription service. Too much negative stuff associated with TFCC.

15. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

When it comes to the collection calls, review your rights granted to you by your state. As for calling the cops I think you have 12 months or 2 years, not sure, I don't remember the deadlines for certain misdemeanors and felonies. It doesn't hurt to call them and find out what you should do, could be your complaint will get forwarded and just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Shame...the exclusives are like the only good things about TFCC.