Thank You to EVERYONE who suggested Kohl's & TJ Maxx!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I had asked in a previous thread if I had missed some RTS/Generations figures:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...id-i-miss-new-generations-rts-altogether.html

Several of you suggested Kohl's, TJ Maxx, & Marshall's. I made my trip to Des Moines today and came away pretty damn good!

Kohl's had 3 pegs of nothing but Special Ops Jazz... I had NEVER seen Jazz in my city let alone 3 pegs full. TONS of Tracks too which I already own. SOO I got:

From Kohl's:

Special Ops Jazz
    Mindset
    Hailstorm

Voyager Class from TJ Maxx:

Lugnut
    Solar Storm Grapple
    Deep Dive

Generations from Target:

Wheeljack
    Warpath
    Thundercracker

Soo WTF is up with Mindset and Hailstorm? Decept & Autobot sharing the same mold? I also wasn't aware Lugnut made it beyond the Animated line... his voyager class version is AWESOME!

Sooo I just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions!

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i was thinking of getting some of those mindset or hailstorm for my gi joes and or cobra.

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice score with lugnut and grappel. Some people have never found one in the wild. You had some luck!

4. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

Great Job! Everything in my area has been picked clean...

5. Bluestreak76

Grapple was the only one that they had multiples of at TJ Maxx. There was 6 in stock....I purchased 1 for myself and 2 to trade on this site! I will be making a list of all my trading items in the next couple days and seeing if anyone is interested in the trading area:) 

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Glad you had good luck with toy hunting. :)  Only store of the kind I have near me is a Ross. That was the first time I saw RTS toys on shelves besides the BIS 2-pack.

It's not like we haven't seen it before. Though Hailstorm's body is fit more for a Decepticon.

7. Bluestreak76

Yeah I definitely like Hailstorm's paintjob more. I actually was gonna pass on him cause I really only collect the Classics/RTS/Generations line but they are of the same quality if they can issue redeco's.

What line does Hailstorm belong to? It just says transformers on his pack.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Since Hasbro's "Hunt for the Decepticons" promotion was running around the same time Hailstorm and his line came out, most refer to that line as "Hftd".

9. Bluestreak76

I kinda regret not picking up more of them. There was a black attack helicopter that I always thought looked neat. Tomahawk I think I can't remember.

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet!!! Congrats. :thumbs2: 

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice. I've only seen one grapple locally.

Could always add it to your wanted list. I know i have an extra one to trade, eventually.

12. Bluestreak76

Is there a want list someplace in my profile or is that something I make on my own?

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Post in the items for sale/trade section, and put a link in your sig(?)

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Did you find any of the RTS Legends? And I only wish I could find an extra Tomahawk. Or two...

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    It's kinda funny about Marshals, TJ Maxx, and Ollies. Once people found out that there was a possible way to get the ones that aren't hitting mass retail: scalpers probably rushed to find them. Because they know if they find a Windcharger, they can get 7, 8, 9 even 10 times what they paid easily.

Some of us got lucky and found these in stores, but...problem was, noone knows IF a store would of got them, and what they got. So, in the end, there is no telling. But, I am glad it at least gave people a chance at them.

16. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Sweet haul dude, and all solid figs! I am envious of your Deepdive, we haven't gotten him Canada-side.

Definitely pick up Tomahawk. Super-fun figure. So fun in fact that I have 5 customs using the mold, and they're all characters made up by me. There's also the Japanese Vortex repaint, a 3rd party Whirl add-on kit coming down the pipe for it, as well as some amazing Rotorstorm customs made from the mold.

Pick it up! It's awesome!

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've now got all of the RTS and Generations figures I want except for Warpath, Lugnut, and Grapple, thanks to Kohl's (Jazz), Marshall's (Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, G2 Prime), Wal-Mart (Kup), Amazon (Bumblebee and Tracks), and HTS (Thundercracker, Wheeljack, and Scourge).

18. Bluestreak76

Wow nice Optimus1138 I am definitely jealous! I have looked everywhere for Perceptor and Wreck-Gar and they have since eluded me.

Perceptor was a fav of mine growing up. Since he had treads on his legs in his G1 version we always used him as a laser tank when we played as kids.

I think as far as RTS goes those 2 above are all I need, .. wow o_O 

I don't collect the scout class transformers cause they arent very complex for me so unless I see Windcharger retail I am not gonna bother.

Does anyone know if we are going to get another release of Skywarp? Other than the 2 pack he was in years ago? He is the last seeker to be released stand alone unless they plan to do a Sunstorm or w/e his name was.

19. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    g1prowl,

i found rts legends figures at my local 5 below for 3$ a piece.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Yeah, closest Five Below to me is like three hours away, and I ain't spending the gas money for that.