Thank you TFW. Hit #50 today!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Driftscreen, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

So I was able to find an Animated Shockwave today to bring my new collection count to 50. Something I'm very happy about after just starting to collect TF's again this year. I saw other people posting the milestone numbers on here and other people giving their opinions about the toys of 2009, and I kind of went on a rant I figured I'd repost in its own thread...

Not an angry rant by any means, more of a happy one. Give it a read and feel free to comment. If not...again, just a rant. :) 

It's very easy to see how many of you were disappointed with 2009, what with ROTF shadowing much more fan oriented lines such as classics, the cancellation of Animated, and a very steady of stream of characters that look the exact same just in different colors ( note* sarcasm ) For myself personally I found 2009, the 25th anniversary of Transformers to rather exciting...
    I was born in '87 and lived, breathed (and in one case according to my mom I actually transformed right in the middle of the grocery store back in like '91 haha) and never lost my love of TF. Through the inevitable toy purges of childhood my many G1 figures and Beast Wars and so on left me (although lets be serious...I played the CRAP out of those things...not much retail anyways haha) and I was left with just my old childhood love for the franchise. The past couple years of my life have been growing ones for personal reasons, but even in down times one thing that always made me smile was TF. Seeing a live action Prime and seeing an episode of Animated onetime and being reminded of G1 and so on.
    So this past year I wanted to start collecting so no matter what happens with the franchise, and DVD's aside (Thanks Shout Factory! And Animated if I could find the damn DVD's haha) I would always have that physical reminder of how cool it is to me to have a couple of Primes, spanning sometimes decades, staring at me from my shelves, and be able to pick them up and transform them back and forth just like it was yesterday (Which...sometimes it is lol)
    So I joined this awesome community and started really rekindling my love for the franchise as well as learning again where to hunt for toys, and just being able to be involved in such an awesome community was cool for me. I had a great time hunting down different lines this year, I found some real gems and almost completed (at least for the characters I want) The Animated line, collected Autobots (the main ones) from ROTF and others from Classics and reissues (Found a g1 Prime 25th anni. for 25 bucks at a WalMart when I was in PA!!)

So (and sorry about the rant) I totally understand the unhappy feelings about this years releases, but its years like this, the 25th anniversary, and (like it or not is irrelevant to my point) a sequel to a live action movie based on a toyline from '84 that keep this franchise alive. We'll have good years and bad years, but at 22 years old, and now being part of this community I think it's pretty cool to find a toy im looking for hidden in the back of a shelf of a TRU and get that happy feeling in my gut, only to look over at a 5 year old kid getting his first Bumblebee with that same feeling about that character who's now 25 years old. Happy Collecting and hate it or love it, happy 25th anniversary y'all!

*(Since I'm still in rant mode, special thanks to Peaugh whos video reviews I found one day and really made me remember that awesome feeling collecting gave me, as well as Redline and Supersquad7 [sry if i missed a number supersquad] who have been cool helping me learn the forum and stuff)

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats and welcome back to the plastic crack-house.

hope that 2010 will fare better than this mixed bag of a 25th anniversary celebration.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the fabled supersquad! lol

seriously though, welcome back to the fanbase, and happy milestone

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats, welcome and Happy 25th Anniversary to you as well :) 

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Welcome back and congratulations on #50 :thumb 

6. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    The only SQ7 I know is Superquad7.

You better clean your computer if the Supersquads are helping you.

7. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Congratz, time to work on that 100th.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Happy so see someone get back into the collecting hobby. I don't think 2009 is horrible, but it could have been better.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Congrats On number 50. Glad to see another fan as pumped as I am about this cool stuff.

10. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice story and Congratulations on your 50th! Time to go get that 51st!

11. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to pull the "Me Too!" card, but 2009 was a great year to get into the TF Community. Animated really drew me in, and the ROTF line grabbed my interest/nostalgia because I loved the realistic RID figures all those years ago. It's helped me reconnect with an innocence I've missed recently because of all the "Growing up" I've been doing recently.

Thanks TFW =D

12. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

actually I got 51st today haha. Heard a rumor that Marshalls / TJMAXX had voyagers...so grabbed Lugnut... thanks all glad to be back!