Thank the lord for twisties!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gears, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm leaving a Target store and get in my car to start it. Simultaneously I notice someone has left a leaflet on my windshield. With the car started I get out to remove the leaflet when my car door closes behind me partially. You know how the door closes but not all the way? Well bummer, it's locked and I can't get it open, and the engine is running. There is enough of a gap where if I pryed something in there I could reach the lock release for the door. What would be perfect is a wire clothes hanger. I ask a couple of people if they happen to have one in their car, but no luck. I go back inside Target and ask for a wire clothes hanger. "Sorry, all we have now is plastic hangers." ARGH. I tell a worker my situation and she offers me a long plastic tag holder about 1 inch by 3 feet long. Hmm, this might work, but after 20 minutes of it slipping off the lock release I need another idea. Finally I call a locksmith and cry over the money I will lose over my stupid mishap. At this point I'm so desperate I'm even looking on the ground for something that might help. Then what do I see on the ground, but a 5 inch twistie, like the ones in Transformer packages. I get into MacGyver mode and fasten the twistie in a loop over the price-tag holder and cut edges in the holder to secure the twistie better while it's inside the car. Well after a few minutes of careful looping and pulling, I manage to unlock the door! I leave before the locksmith can get there with money saved and a big sigh of relief. Thank you twistie!

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've been there a couple times while using company vehicles...had to call a locksmith once, but had AAA, so I didn't have to pay...the other time the door was open just enough for me to get a piece of wire in to pick the keys up off of the driver's seat!

As for my personal vehicles, I ALWAYS have two sets of car keys in my front pockets...hence...I've never locked myself out of my own vehicle for long!

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I thought you were going to say you had to go in and buy a TF and used the twist ties in there to save you! I bet the locksmith was pissed when he got there.

4. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

That would've been funny! :rock 

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    "Pissed" is probably an understatement.:lol 

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I always just keep a spare key in my wallet for such an emergency.

7. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to always carry a spare key in my wallet too, time to get back to that policy.:) 

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

yeah did you wait for the locksmith before you left or call him or did you just leave?

9. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called him and told him the problem was taken care of.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    this is why I always carry a spare set of keys.

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Yay for MacGyver!

12. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, got one in the wallet! I've never locked myself out while it was running, though, that would really suck.

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, this sort of possibility is why I have a spare set of plain metal (no rubber head covers) keys for both cars and the house in my wallet, stuck in one of the credit card slots. Even if the vehicle has a chipped key and won't start without it, such a basic key will open the doors.

14. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

and here i was reading the story thinking that somewhere a packet of chips was somehow going to save you.....i dunno if you have twisties in america but they are a type of chip here in australia

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I don't carry an extra set of keys, I'm just smart enough to not lock my keys in the car.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought you went inside Target and bought a TF then use the twistie. It'd be a perfect way to get more of those Classics don't you think? As for me I got AAA so I don't worry about getting locked out of my car.

17. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a spare key for my car, and one for my wife. Thankfully, I haven't had to use either in quite a long time. It also helps that my current car's doors will only lock once the car is put in drive, even after I've started it. Same with my wife's car.

I did once manually lock my old car (it didn't have power locks), thinking I had already turned off the motor and put the keys in my pocket. Little did I know I didn't do either and went back to work after lunch with the keys inside and the motor running. About three hours later, I had to call my dad to bring a spare lock key so I could get back in. While we waited for the car to cool down, we went into a nearby bar and had a couple of beers and joked about the incident. That's pretty much when I started carrying a spare set of keys.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I haven't had such an incident myself, but my dad opened the back door (it's a yugo you know, a hatchback I think this type of car is called) to put some stuff in the trunk and before he closed the door he threw the keys inside w/o thinking and locked himself out. Twice he did that over the years. It was prudent of him to make the doubles when he bought the car.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Awesome story! I should keep on in my poket lol.

20. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i keep a big twistie on me all the time... that rawks... i tell my mom these things could probably tow a toyota

i used to have this truck that while you were driving down the road it would lock n unlock i kept a spare key for it in the toolbox in the back
    the car we have now wont lock with the keys in the ignition, unless you put it in drive