Thank God I've got a new job.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartan-117, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

So I leave my current job as a carer for adults with learning disabilities at the end of the month, the job I'm going to is the same thing but all round better. That is to say I'll be working for better money, better holidays, better prospects and a company that actually has some standards. If I could afford to not work my notice period I would.
    However, it's not because I hate the company it's because last night one of the residents basically propositioned me for buttsecks.
    Seriously.
    I'm stuck on nightshift for the rest of the month, which means I'm pretty much alone in the house (excluding the sleeping sleepover) all night and left to do boring crap like ironing clothes. So last night I'm busy ironing away when this fellow comes into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. He shuffles his way over towards me and basically stands less than a foot away for a good twenty minutes. I ignore this because this is pretty normal, it's a trick to get you to say something which he takes as a sign to talk to you about his interests. The problem is when you don't give answers he likes he tends to get agitated, so the standing orders are not to initiate conversation.
    Anyway, I proceed with my work and he follows me. At this point he just randomly blurts out stuff about people liking to touch each other and how he's one of those people. I'm kinda like "wtf, I didn't just hear that did I?" and ignore it, then he starts talking about wanting to be kissed and cuddled, which helluva freaked me out. I told him to go watch tv then go to bed. I didn't go upstairs (where his room is) all night then reported it in the morning. I'm on my days off, so people with better wages than me are dealing with it hopefully but I'll be damned if I wasn't freaked out.
    Understand that I've got nothing against gay people, my cousin is gay and I don't care but in this situation it's a little too weird given my position of trust and responsibility. On top of that he doesn't understand how to properly interact with people so I'm worried that he may not know that surprise buttsecks is considered somewhat rude. My life is a frigging joke, this stuff only ever happens to me. Egads.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats on the new job.