Thank God For Wives!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    So, I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and my local store has the Transformers archway set up. They have all the deluxes out and I notice some boxes that say "Playskool Transformers" and "Asst. Transformer deluxe".

I want to open the boxes and as my wife and I start walking over to the boxes a sales associate asks if we need any help. We ask her if she can open the boxes and she promptly says "sorry I can't open those till June 2nd".

So, we just give up because I didn't want to argue with her. I figured it was only a week away anyway.

My wife goes back to Wal-Mart later that night because she forgot something. She calls me up telling me the name of some of the Voyagers (Ironhide, Ratchet, and Blackout) and says she has a Mr. Potato Head that looks like Optimus Prime.

She went through the trouble to open those boxes for me!! Now that's love!! I tell her she probably can't get away with the voyagers and to try and buy the Optimash Prime.

Well long story short, she never made it past the register with the Optimash Prime because they wouldn't let her buy it.

Do any of your wives (or significant others) go to great lengths to get toys for you??

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Woulda been nice if she coulda got them.

Mines looks for a few recognizable things...but I usually have to ask.

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine hunts for me regularly.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    On occasion my husband will buy me something off the internet. Just recently I found out he pre-ordered the super soaker TF gun for me from Hasbro. Then of course he DRIVES me to Botcon. I don't have a license, so he has to do all the driving. For three Botcons, including the one coming up he is willing to drive me there so I can hang out with friends and to have fun. Not exactly a toy, but I really love him for it.

5. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

yes...and as an added bonus I get to have sex with her too.......while opening said toys......and then I woke up.

but seriously, she does hunt some down on occasion and I greatly appreciate it..:) 

6. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

My wife got me MP Megatron... so that's great in my book :) 

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Ha ha thats awesome.

My wife looks for stuff for me, but doesn't know what I have.

Last week with the help of my 5 year old she got my the Rodimus heros two pack.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    My wife not only hunts here for me, but she hunts internationally for me as well whenever she goes to Japan or Shanghai.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

My loving wife, pays close attention to the figures she knows i really want and has allways been very understanding of my hobbie. there have been a few times when i was not feeling good and she went to get me soup or something and came back with one she knew i didnt have just to cheer me up. I love her so much

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife braved several Walmarts trying to find Ravage and Rumble for me. And picked up the Target Cybertron legends 4 pack since it said "Target Exclusive". She is good to me.

11. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I'd like to officially make this the tribute thread for the wives and husbands (and boyfriends and girlfriends as well.) who support grown men's and women's toy hobbies and hunt for us to see what they can find.

Keep the posts coming!!

12. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    When my husband picked me up from work today he told me he pre-ordered the TF Monopoly game, TF Super Soaker, Leader Class Prime and Autobot DS game for me. Unfortunately I was in so much blinding pain, I really didn't realize what he had done till I got home. :lol 

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I have to give Julie a "map" of sorts. :p  Every six months or so I do an "off limits list" of things I promise not to buy, and good ideas of where to find them in case she decides to surprise me :)  And she tend sto so that pretty frequently :D 

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My wife frequently calls me from the toy aisle at Target or Meijer to ask what I'm after. She found Energon Arcee and Galvatron for me LONG before I ever saw them in stores.

She also had a custom Autobot symbol tire cover made for my Jeep for Christmas '04, and tracked down a reissue Predaking for Christmas '06.

So yeah, she's pretty damned awesome.

15. Borgiwan

Borgiwan Active Member

I've lost track of the number my wife has bought for me, but she usually does an incredible job. She claims that she doesn't know what I have, but she's never doubled on me, and asks lots of questions before holidays. Plus, she's tolerant of the mess!

She has beanie babies, so she can't talk smack!

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    My wife tries, but has no idea of what I have already. If I want her to look for something I pretty much have to give her a photo of the toy so she can look for it.

17. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

My fiance tries too, but doesnt really know what i have. She also supports my starting to kitbash too. We went all over looking for movie toys the other day and also plan to go to a little prerelease party at a toys r us near us on june 1.

18. Parsox

Parsox Lieutenant

So we recently moved from Va out west and tonight my wife is helping me put up some shelves to display some of my collection in order to get it off the floor before her folks come to vist.

While putting up the alternators she asks if I have a red corvette. I say I don't know...I think so...(I was thinking of windcharger or Sideswipe) and showed them to her and she says "no...I asked you the other day when I was at walmart if you had a red corvette..and you said yes...neither of these are a red corvette and I am certain that is what i was looking at".... Note: Her phone was fading in an out from the toy isle

So I get on the net and show her a pic of Swerve in his box and she says that is the type of box and it was at the walmart she was working at.

Only problem is this was 2-3 weeks ago. So we are going to head out there tomorrow...it about a 45 min drive. Who knows...maybe their is a swerve out there to be had and retail price.

parsons

19. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife's good aobut asking if there's anything I'm looking for when she heads off to WM or Target, but she lets me order my own b-day and Christmas presents if it's something pricey.

On a side note, I was able to help out someone else whose wife does some TF hunting. She was in the toy aisle at WM on her cell phone, and I over heard her saying, 'Sound-Wave?' I kindly let her know that there were no Soundwaves at that particualr store, but if she went down the street to the TRU, there would probably still be a couple Titanium Soundwaves. She passed along the information, and by the end of the conversation had agreed that she'd be making one more stop after WM. Yea, wife!

20. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

My girlfriend does all sorts of stuff for me... including many hunting trips for Alt Ravage and Rumble (all unsuccessfull) and calling me many times from stores "what was it you wanted again? Oh, they don't have that one, they have...." Then when I come home the one that I wanted is sitting waiting for me. :D 

-bullet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.