TFX Rodimus add on worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starfire22, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    So before i go off paying $82.99 for the add on kit i have one question, what's your opinion? i know the sidearm is great, but i guess i need some convincing before i buy this.

2. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    well. you got about 2 months to think about it..

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering it won't be out for another few months, no one will be able to tell if how worth-it it is. However, given Fansproject's track record, we're all expecting it to be fantastic, so yes, go ahead and pre-order it.

Pre-order it at BBTS just in case you think you might change your mind.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think it's worth it. It's an upgrade kit for a Deluxe figure. $80+ is pretty damn steep. That's 6-7 deluxe figures, 8-9 scout figures, 2 leader figures.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly? I don't think it'll be worth it. It just doesn't look good on Rodimus, and costs way too much for what it is. Though, tbh, I'm not a fan of the Magnus armor they made, or 3rd party "products" in general.

6. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks very nice don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one for my rodimus but like wollstone mentioned its a bit steep. I might wait for KO thats more reasonably priced:confused2 

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you want a roodimus prime to fit in with your classics? Yes? Then buy it.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

If you need convincing....it probably isn't for you. I'd imagine if you were convinced, you would have regret later.

Personally, I'm getting it. I can't wait.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm VERY satisfied with the City Commander and Defender products from the same people. And I saw this product prototype at Botcon and was very impressed. Assuming there's nothing wildly unexpected that pops up in an online review, I'm confident I'll have gotten my money's worth with this piece.

Worst case, I cancel my order and put the store credit towards the Masterpiece version instead. No harm, no foul.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Third party figures will never be the most bang for your buck, but if you like what you see, by all means, it's going to be an awesome kit/figure.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Everything fansproject does is worth it. EVERYTHING.

12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This also compared to japanese garage kits they are a really good price to say they are painted and assembled in high quality plastic

13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Since no-one has has gotten a hold of the final product, it's difficult to come to any hard conclusions.

That said, the Protector upgrade seems overpriced compared to the City Commander set for Ultra Magnus. I recall reading somewhere that Fansproject justified the $10-$15 premium for Protector due to it having more parts than City Commander. Given that Protector upgrades a deluxe and City Commander upgrades a voyager and they both are going about their upgrade via a trailer that turns into extra armor, their argument doesn't seem very intuitive. Then again, perhaps we'll get a better idea of why the set should command their asking price when addtionial features are revealed further down the line...

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To me it's worth it, but then I only paid £70 for my pre-order. Still expensive, but from what I've seen it will be money well spent.

If in the extremely unlikely event that I hate it, I'll just sell it on. But there is no way I can see that happening.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, this is why i'm not getting the FP Rodimus upgrade. I do like Rodimus but not enough to spend almost 400 dollars on his merchandise. The Takara MP, Hasbro MP, and now the Fansproject upgrade? Kinda to much.. normally i'd snatch up anything FP does but this is one i'll have to wait on.

16. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Well I used to have the City Commander. Got rid of it and don't miss it at all. I find Animated Ultra Magnus to be a much better and much more fun Ultra Magnus figure and it costs less. So more bang for your buck. Rodimus however hasn't really gotten too many updates. Mostly just Hotrods. So there are fewer options if you want a Space Winnebago. But, in my opinion the Fansproject stuff, while cool, just isn't really worth the pricetag to me. I mean, I had Defender and I think I listed him on Ebay the day after I opened him. Something about them just doesn't work for me. So if you are hesitating to spend that money on Protector, I'd say you'd probably be better off buying a few deluxes or some other officially licensed figures.

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I never hesitate to buy any of FansProjects products. I would preorder it at BBTS, sit on it for the two months you have until it's released, and if you're absolutely sure you're not going to want it then just cancel the preorder.

18. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Face it, unless Hasbro completely surprises us, no way we will ever see a Rodimus space winniebego... excuse me, flaming space winniebego again. They wont even use the trailer for MP Rodimus. Hell, they wont even give us a trailer for the "better" Prime. So this is a worthy investment if you're a big Rodimus Prime fan. Like me. I love Rodimus and Im glad I can have a trailer and add ons to help make something that looks more like Rodimus and less like Hot Rod posing as Rodimus.

19. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Being that Rodimus is my fav TF character, I'm so buyin,
    if you have anything FP has done then you know you'll love it.

20. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I'm buying a set. I expect it closer to Feb.

City Commander and C3 Bruticus were AWESOME!

Classics Rod will now be bigger with upgraded weapons...

Besides, I cant afford MP Rodimus, so this will have to do.

Will look great across from City Commander...