TFW's Siege Megatron Gallery and Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:43 PM.

1. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev yourboistinger

Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Very nice looking 

2. Xformermike

Xformermike Your Local Dickhead wheeee

Definitely one of the best non-masterpiece main toy Megatron figures in a long time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

A little Isopropyl alcohol will clean those blotches up nicely.

Unfortunately, I will not be getting them. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to get these, but I have no space for them (and nothing I’m willing to give up in their place). They really do look awesome (although I still think Prime would look even better with yellow eyes).

• Like Like x 2
  4. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    nice @Sol Fury, you are pretty much lined up with me. This guy hit's so many marks, it's a shame where he falls short.

But, MAN, that headsculpt is just far and away the best ever done (still like Classics for trying something new/different with the bucket head). And thanks for the comparison shots! While still feeling like he doesn't quite NAIL the proportions, he's also clearly the best proportioned... I'd forgotten CW leader had such a boxy chest (although i think he nails the abdomen shapes way better)

Also confirming the splatter paint on this line is a real tragedy (although not as much as those TR stickers, SHEESH!). Serves borderline no purpose, doesn't really look like battle damage, and seems like budget that would have been far better spent on additional apps the could have really brought the mold to life.

Lastly, good on Hasbro for the better-looking grey plastic. I do wish he had the amazing all over silver paint CW Megs had, but refreshing to see grey plastic that doesn't look like a bowl of oatmeal that got left on the table all day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

Amazing artwork in this siege line, too bad they did away with collector cards. Does anyone know why they got rid of collector cards? I loved that aspect of collecting

6. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

If he were green, he’d look like the scorpion tank from Halo.

I really appreciate written reviews. Nowadays, it’s all 45 minute YouTube videos of reviewers loving the sound of their own voice. But a written review, I can read at my own pace and the author cuts to the chase.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 10:17 PM
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I have to imagine that over the next few years a bunch of these figs will be released without the weathering paint apps.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone actually tried removing the battle damage? Does it come off easliy? Do I have to clearcoat the figure again after I do? Are there any danage paint that overlap with existing paint-apps? I need answers, dammit!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

True but people are really blowing it out of proportion and also refusing to appreciate the theme Hasbro is shooting for.

10. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Seems a little short?

11. jayacon

jayacon Prime

i have him and like him a lot.  only thing i see wrong, is his torso is a little short. fusion cannon is perfect. do want to remove weathering paint from upper body and, head but , will keep it on legs. 

• Like Like x 1
  12. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Dang, seeing him next to the other Megs here really shows how much better he is than the rest. At the time I thought TR Megs seemed like he could be an okay stand-in, but after seeing these two next to eachother here, I'm glad I never bought that one when it was on store shelves. Leader Megs still has a certain charm, but this one definitely outshines him.

13. ilovebw

ilovebw Well-Known Member

shut up and take my money!

14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to say I tho k kos are a good thing, but leaving aside that, I would love to see a ko that ‘deluxes’ this - more paint apps, better head artic, better integration of the feet into alt mode...

I think the things that hold me off getting this guy tho are mainly that the side to side ankle tilt doesn’t appear to have any tension to it, and from videos, he looks like he might feel not that solid, maybe? Like, not much heft, a bit rattle-y... I want to avoid using the term ‘cheap’ because it’s such a loaded term (often used just as a shorthand for dismissing a figure), but kind of that? I could be wrong - I’m just going by a sense based on a video after all.

Ps, thanks @Sol Fury for the review and some great pics. Love the ones of him with the sword in particular.

15. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    That, is something which goes onto a gun altmode. Guess what altmode Siege Megatron has? :rolleyes: 

And besides, the d1ld0 can be appreciated by gf's and wives, :D 

• Like Like x 5
  16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    This Megatron is looking like a strong contender to dethrone Classics. I just hope I get a good QC copy because it's looking like replacement Takara editions will be tough to come by.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this guy and prime have me hyped for mainline tf's like it was still 2005 they look really nice!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Lol.

But in all seriousness, iconic features from G1 alt modes have always been put in the design of CHUG figures. Every Megatron chest looks like the chamber of a Walter P-38. This particular Megatron even has the option to put the sword thing on his back to make it look like his iconic gun barrel (even though it turned out to be a total fail) I feel a more G1 fusion cannon should be a given. Ill be the first one to tell you I detest Megatron as a tank. I get the reason why we dont have toy guns anymore because kids are dumb. But just because it becomes a tank turret barrel, doesnt mean it cant look like Megatrons fusion cannon. The proportions on this new version are purposely backwards just for the sake of being backwards. Since its a removable accessory, im trying to understand the logic why it cant be shaped like a normal G1 fusion cannon (shorter front, longer back) and still integrate to form a barrel in tank mode. I cant find any justification. Its either pure laziness or more likely some designer wanted to do his own stupid take on a fusion cannon. He was like, it doesnt need to look like a gun sight anymore because it doesnt turn into one. With that logic, Megatron shouldnt even be silver anymore because he doesnt turn into a chromed out gun. Tanks arent silver. They might as well make him green or desert camo. And dont come with the argument that its a Cybertronian tank because then Hound shouldnt be earth camo-green anymore. I just find it annoying that something as simple as a removable accessory has to be so off. I gave the CW Leader Megatron a free pass because the cannon wasnt removable. And as dumb looking as the sled cannon for TR Megatron looked, they did get the G1 proportions right. So I kindly ask for some 3rd party to make something that looks more G1 and still functions as a tank barrel. Its not rocket science. Im so ready for all the anti gee-wunner replies for saying this (even though Im a known Bayverse collector who critiques screen accuracy just as hard as I do with CHUG) My thing will always be making the figure as accurate to the source material as possible. Im not into designers doing their own thing for the sake of being different. Thats just me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  19. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, I'm with you on being true to G1 source material generally speaking.
    The overall trend has been doing that increasingly more, as opposed to the extremely loose interpretive years of early Classics/Universe figures.

I guess I just happen to be OK with the fusion cannon in context of him turning into a Cybetronian tank. I perceive this one as FoC Megatron, but just 25% more Geewunnish.

But indeed like you said... probably some 3rd party which will come up with a proper fusion cannon.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    these are the best pics I've seen of the figure, but for some reason I just don't love it.