TFW's Official History of Transformers - 1984-2014

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This has been a great trip down memory lane for me, thanks to everyone involved in this for the write up!

2. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Great job by everyone involved in this.

3. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Street Hustler

Thanks Sol and everyone else who worked on this or otherwise contributed; I have very much enjoyed reading the year-by-year write-ups! This has been a fun (and educational) way to reevaluate part of what makes Transformers such a cool and lasting franchise.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I've held off on commenting until the full 30 years were covered. This was a phenomenal write-up and a very fitting tribute to the 30th anniversary of the brand!

5. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

Ebay:
    Thanks, Sol Fury, for writing this up for us :) 

HAPPY B-DAY, TRANSFORMERS!!

6. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Great set of articles, guys.

7. gregles

gregles quintesson

I was 30 yesterday or about 8:15pm last night precisely according to my mom, so I'm nearly exactly the same age as this franchise.

8. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

From the moment my Dad bought me my first Red Bumblebee in 1984, I've loved these Transforming robots. Many great memories of mine are connected with receiving TFs as gifts on Birthdays (Astrotrain, Sixshot, etc.), Christmas (Ultra Magnus, etc.), Easter, and even "just because" moments of generosity from my parents.
    Like many, we weren't wealthy, and the fact that my parents did their best to find and afford most of the things I wanted then is one of the many reasons I'm forever grateful to them both! What Awesome Memories!
    I still remember a classmate telling me about the G1 cartoon on UHF channel 35 and I was hooked; prior to that, I thought that the UHF channels were only for Spanish programs! I also recall Book-Fairs at school where those strangely drawn G1 Big-Looker books were sold. And I still blissfully reminisce about going to Toy Box at South Park Mall and seeing row after row of MINT Boxed G1s on the shelves! Though my Collection has grown, and the majority I bought myself, many of my most treasured figures are gifts from family, friends, & Loved-Ones, which I DEEPLY APPRECIATE! Thanks for the FUN & thanks for the great MEMORIES! & THANKS to SolFury for these GREAT artlicles! :thumbs2: 

9. Releaser...

Releaser... Brilliant Strategist

Ebay:
    Thanks for this article, it was a pleasure to read it daily, very well written.

10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    :bday 

11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    :bday  to one of the greatest Franchises ever.

12. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:

13. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Thank you for taking the time to write all of these wonderful articles, Sol Fury. I've had a great time reading them. You've made the anniversary feel extra special!

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The future has never looked brighter. :bay 

15. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Here's to another 30 years!
    :drunk 

16. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

The Generations toyline is the best Hasbro as made they have done a great job with the 30th Anniversary figures their 2 foot tall Metroplex is awesome Hasbro needs to make a 30th Anniversary Trypticon Scorponok Fortress Maximus Omega Supreme Overlord and all of the Combiners Devastator Bruticus Menasor Predaking Abominus Superion Defensor and Computron

17. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No, i am not

in the 2010 thing, it was because of Transformers Prime, i simply bashed it without reason, despite the fact i had no plans to see it anyway, so i stopped to bash it when i came to that realization,

in 2012, i was simply negative, because while i am big movieverse fan and thats the only universe i am sticking to, i didnt wanted a fourth Transformers movie, because i dont want Bay to continue without Megatron and Starscream, again with TFP, i eventually calmed down, i am still looking foward to the film, but i am not 100% excited as i was with ROTF and DOTM, due to the lack of Megatron and Starscream, since the main Transformers roster (Optimus, Bee, Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave) is not complete i lost all interest in seeing new Transformers characters and especially Decepticons are i dont want a new Decepticon roster without at least one of those two. in the terms of new characters i am only interested in the new humans cast, the only robots i am looking foward in seeing is Optimus and Bee, but i am still looking foward to this film and i am not highly bashing it anymore as i was in 2012.

what happened to me was exactly how fans reacted very early when the first movie stuff were revealed and when the designs of TF Animated were revealed. it was just very very early opinions, it had nothing to do with lack of Bayformers or anything like that, just very early opinions

in 2015-2016 i will not be negative to due to lack of Bayformers stuff, i will not be negative, what i said about 2015 and 2016 is that since tf5 is apperently not coming till 2017, theres nothing for me to look foward those years, i am not watching the new cartoon, i am not reading the IDW stuff (unless its movie related, only way you wil lget me to read some of the main IDW stuff is its packed with a figure, like those new IDW Gens figures, but sadly do not came here as i dont get generations stuff, my only way to access to the those figures is if someone buys them for me at USA), i would still buy games that came in those dates but i wont be as interested as u guys would be in whatever games come those years, i will still buy the toys of the new cartoon, but it wont be the same, as i bayformers stuff are my fave toylines, i feel more happy and comfrontable with Bayformers toys than with non-Bay stuff, but i will still buy them. thats what i meant about 2015-2016 theres nothing interesting for me in those years, theres nothing for me to bash, and i will not bash.

i am more positive, more optimistic now, even if i dont agree with a certain thing (like no Megs or Scream in TF4, i dont agree with that, but i am still looking foward and be positive on Transformers 4.)

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Geat series Sol. and :bday  Transformers.

19. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Happy 30 everyone :)  Great series of articles.

20. Pravieniskis

Pravieniskis New Member

A very happy 30'th anniversary to everyone.