TFWe Community Spotlight - Collection Showcase - alucard77

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Kickback, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Community Spotlight - alucard77
    [​IMG]
    written by Secretcode

Every so often, TFWe will search through the TFW2005 Boards and, as a staff, nominate and vote upon a member of the forums to be featured in our Community Spotlight series. We interview the individual a little bit about themselves and what they do/have done on the boards.

One of the coolest things about being part of a community as large as TFW2005.COM is the ability to show off, and therefore also look at, other collections from around the world. Sometimes the sheer amount wow's you, other times it's how it is presented.

Secretcode sat down with TFW2005 member alucard77 about his collection. Before you check out the interview, check out the link to his collection!!

---------------------------------------------------

SC: How did you start collecting?

a77: I was in Toys'R'Us walking the aisles with my 2 year old son. All of the sudden, I saw it. Masterpiece Grimlock. At first I had no clue what it was. I thought it was just a re-release of my childhood toy. I balked at the $70 at the time, however the figure kept popping back into my head.

SC: What do you consider your collection’s “crown jewel”?

a77: I actually consider them all my crown jewels. It's like selecting your favorite child. Some people look at my collection and see Ultra Magnus with the (FansProject) City Commander set and think that is a crown jewel, but my custom painted knock-off Soundwave is a favorite as well. I also just got a custom painted G1 cartoon accurate Masterpiece Thundercracker. How I am supposed to select just one of those?

SC: Any toys you regret purchasing?

a77: You know it's funny, I don't think I have. I am looking at what to sell at the moment, as I don't need some stuff, however, I don't regret purchasing any of my figures. I like playing with them and seeing the thinking behind the transformation. There is a certain magic to each figure. I love owning vintage figures all the way to some of the newest movie figures. It shows the evolution of Transformers toys as a whole. I think it is interesting to see how these things changed while managing to stay the same for the last 25+ years.

If the heart of the question is, “which figures do you just not like?”, then I would have to say:

• Universe 2.0 Powerglide. I know some like him, but he is completely wrong. I actually substituted him for the Dark of the Moon figure for the time being. I cannot wait for iGear’s or FansProject version to come out. Classics powerglide is definitely on my sales list. I still don’t regret purchasing him to see his transformation and other neat stuff he has; however he is not worth keeping.

• FansProject Superion. He just seems very underwhelming to me. I appreciate the initial effort by FansProject. It is the whole evolution thing I mentioned above. I would really like to see this revisited. I bet they would be able to make this thing a lot more articulated. It’s not that he looks bad; it’s just not as poseable as i would like it. This is one of those figures that still looks good in the collection, so he is a keeper.

SC:Any future toys you’re looking to add?

a77: What figures am I not looking to add? I am quickly turning into a 3rd party whore to fill in some of the blanks. If I could afford the tremendous prices, I would like to eventually add some exclusives as well. Having said that, when I think of my collection, I think of it in two ways:

The first collection is a Masterpiece/PP/G1/Alternators g1 season 1 line. I am trying to do all the characters from the first season in a Masterpiece type scale. Is it possible? It’s not 100%, but I think the lines mentioned above mesh well together. So a lot of what I will be adding will try to fill in the blanks for this.

For the decepticons, I am looking to add:
    • Hercules to be my main Devastator for this line
    • I would love it if a KO company oversized the Perfect-Effect Reflector to about 7 inches per figure the way they oversized War For Cybertron Optimus Prime. But I most likely will need to get another Perfect-Effect Reflector set as I have nothing representing Reflector for the Decepticons. I may just have to pose him in camera mode with Megatron so he doesn’t look like too big of a camera. But if someone has other suggestions, they are more than welcomed.

After those, I will have something to represent every character for the G1 season 1 Decepticons.

For the Autobots, I still need some work. I will be adding:
    • Alternators Sunstreaker
    • iGear Ratchet and Ironhide

From that point it will be a wait and see what comes out in a mp/pp sized scale from has/tak and 3rd party companies.

The second collection is the standard classics line. I am trying to represent all of the figures in the 4 seasons of the USA series. So I am adding as I go. This is what I am hunting or will be adding for that set. I am sure I will add more once I start filling in the blanks:

• iGear Ark set (this thing is really hard to find)
    • custom Shockwave for my deluxe line (I have a friend working on this for me already, cannot wait to see it)
    • FansProject Insecticons
    • iGear minibots
    • Perfect-Effect Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak
    • Botcon Alpha Trion with Vector Sigma
    • Hasbro Amazon exclusive Unicron (I have a custom painted one, but this one looks nice too)

I would really like to see more combiners come out from 3rd party companies or has/tak, because I am not sure how I will ever be able to get all the seasons done without these combiners. So here is hoping.

Well, that is about it. I just wanted to thank everyone for reading the ramblings of a fellow Transformers collector.

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you, alucard77! We hope you all enjoyed diving in to the mind of a fellow Transformers collector. There's always more to it than simple "see-buy-display" behavior - some of us collect whole toylines because we love the show or the series, others only collect certain pieces to finalize whatever type of category of a collection they're looking to fill.

Again, please check out his collection at the following link:

alucard77's Transformers Collection

Do you have someone in mind that you think should be nominated for a Community Spotlight for their Collection Showcase? If so, please contact us on our official TFWe Profile by clicking here and send us a private message with their user name and a link to their collection! If we like it, we'll use it, and give you a news credit for the nomination!

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A special treat, we decided to release the Community Spotlight portion of TFWe Issue 04 a day early! Check out alucard77's collection and the interview we did with him!

Issue 04 of TFWe releases TOMORROW (Wednesday, August 31st!)

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I like alucard's collection. Very well displayed.

4. entITy

entITy G 1

There are a lot of people who need to be interviewed here, some have 1,000s in glass displays. These have to be the biggest collections per capita on any site. Just look at them. My collection is nowhere near a lot here, and never will be. However next month I will post mine.