TFW2005 Visits High Moon Studios for a Hands On with War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 5, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Frenzy is Red :
    Original 1980's cartoon
    Generation 2 Gobot (Spychanger)
    Micron Frenzy (Energon Perceptor repaint)

Rumble is Red
    Original 1980's toy
    Alternator toy
    Codies 'Ramble' in Transformers Galaxy Force.
    Robot Heroes Rumble

Plus things like the MP3 Headphones, or the Soundwave Unleashed statue and various Takara items might refer to them as one or the other but I don't have that information as to which they say is which in those sets. I don't know about all comics either which way they jumped.

I'm gravitating towards the Rumble is Red camp though as they toy trumps the cartoon for me in most instances... not that I'm insensitive to some of the ideas of the cartoon like I like the idea of Decepticon Jet Trooper & Insecticon clones, but I don't like Energon Cubes that much and I prefer that Characters only fly if they have a flying alt mode or an obvious method of propulsion in robot mode.

{I'm still arguing with myself about if Tank Mode Megatrons should fly or not though.}

As to the Game, I think some of the art is very generic and the designs could be anything -or nothing - and some of it is very good.

So in that respect it's not that different from The War Within designs with are also a mix of good and indifferent.

I still prefer the War Within Optimus to the WFC one as I like that the WWI one has a trailer and a bit more meaness- and mass to it.

Some of the game designs seem a bit to 1980's generic cartoony hovervehicle prone in terms of design. but that said there's at least 8 of them that I like very much indeed.

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    that's not Darkwing or Dreadwind? I figure with the colors and the different alt mode...
    (it's a hella better design though, that's what the seekers should have looked like)

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    New things that stand out for me:

- The amount of characters
    - Shockwave looks awesome
    - Arcee was unexpected, but AWESOME!!!
    - Frenzy and Rumble, FTW!

This game is going to be awesome! I can't wait. I think the way the environment is "alive" is one of my favorites about this game. I love how they make the turrets transform around you.

Also, hearing Cullen say, "TEAM DEATHMATCH" = EPIC!!! :lol 

4. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    i thought it was darkwing/dreadwind at first but its not. look closely and you can see robo boobs.

5. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    TFW2005 staff you lucky sons of b****es.

I can't wait to play this game. This is going to be THE Generation 1 based Transformers game. The movies were a mixed bag for us old school fans, but this game could finally give us the big mass media entertainment fix we've been craving since the original 80's Sunbow toon ended. So hopefully the game will get high scores and sell 6 million copies and become a huge hit.
    I'm just blown away by the gameplay and artwork and all the character designs, and femmes - talk about straight out of left field. I'm also hoping that that is either Motor Master or Onslaught above Frenzy and Rumble. So far the Decepticons only have one truck chassis.
    I hope DLC is going to happen, which is why all of us TF fans should try to make this game a success. Including all the pre-order characters a lot of us want, it would mean the inclusion of characters who didn't make the cut this time round making it into the game.
    Yes we still don't know if the game will be fun to play, which is why I'm impatient for June 22nd to get here. But I'm still very hopeful High Moons actually did what they said and made a great game first and than layered TF G1 over it.

So everyone keep your fingers crossed and I expect every Transformers fan here to be at their local video game store or waiting next to their mailbox June 22nd. I know I will.

6. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes i agree toys look more impressive than animated line i will be definatly buying repaints of this series of toys if they made if it was possible i would have asked if there where going to be more toys form the game not sure if such question was allowed hasbro was limted on what questions had to be asked if i remeber correctly

7. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Whenever they show the white Optimus repaint in multiplayer does anyone else think Ultra Magnus? lol

I think I may do that to a lot of them and call them different names. Elita 1 can still happen with an Arcee repaint.

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rumble and Frenzy,Arcee,Slipstream, & Zeta Prime now I still want Swoop or Scrapper in the WFC.Maybe Rumble and Frenzy are part of the WFC Soundwave toy.

9. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Primus almighty! That is a s**t load of stuff!

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the arcee pic is wallpaper worthy and i think the that's her in batmoble mode. thats silverbolt standing next to sideswipe in the group pic

Attached Files:

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like the Green jet design It reminds me a little of these guys :

Skydive (1992) - Decepticon Scientific Advisor - www.tfu.info
    Eagle Eye (1993) - Decepticon Infiltrator - www.tfu.info
    Windsweeper (1988) - Decepticon Air Defense - www.tfu.info

As well as many Russian aircraft. - I hope they make that one as a toy - asuming they decide to keep making more toys beyond the first half dozen.

It's odd that barricade/breakdown looks like Wheeljack more than either of them.

Soundwave is not at all what I was expecting - I thought he'd be a hovercraft and he's a rather mean looking SUV instead... I like him though - I am very curious though as to if the Soundwave toy will have tiny Cassettes with it.

Shockwave is OK - nice robot mode - indifferent vehicle mode - and Starscream is still substandardly designed like Gunrunner on a bad day.
    Gunrunner (1988) - Autobot Squadron Leader - www.tfu.info

And where's the designs for Prowl/Silverstreak(Bluestreak)/Smokescreen ?

Megatron 4/10
    Onslaught (?) 5/10
    Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp 5/10
    Soundwave 8/10
    Barricade 6/10
    Green Jet 9/10
    Breakdown 6/10
    Shockwave 8/10
    Optimus 9/10
    Bumblebee 10/10 (No complaints it's practically perfect)
    Ironhide/ Ratchet 9/10 (nice - only looses a point for being bumblebee with big wheels)
    Trypticon 9/10 (I want that as a supreme toy very much).
    Omega Supreme 6/10

General comments - the robot modes are a bit to Gundamish and that slightly harms their resemblance to Transformers iconogrpahy in some respects.

And the glowy stuff is a bit childish. - slightly poor use of colors on some characters.
    I guess some of them are probably suffering from being generic body designs.

Overall I'm not complaining to much but I also think that War Within all for it's sometimes weak vehicle modes has robot modes that look in general more like the character and more like my idea of a Transformer.

Looking at Onslaught's (If that is Onslaught) legs I think there's a bit to much Gundam influences getting through to the final designs.
    And perhaps that genericness means that Hasbro wouldn't get a huge number of unique toys out of these unless they repaint bonkers on the few body types they have in evidence in the game.

12. TedimusPrime

It's interesting to see their previous designs, some of them I actually prefer.

13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    :bowdown:  cant wait must have game! :D ream:

14. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Damn i'm really having a major orgasm for this game!

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully Aaron Archer straightens them out and Rumble is red.

The ONLY G1 instance of him being blue was the US G1 cartoon, a crossover with GI Joe, and some statue. Everything else, including the Japanese dub of G1, uses the original color...

16. TedimusPrime

Somebody clear this up. Is the Xbox and PS3 versions the same as the PC?

17. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    Yes, exactly the same. The only difference is that the retail chains are only offering their exclusive characters for the PS3 and XBOX360 versions.

18. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    The fact that High Moon Studios event went so far as to really stick to what the female Cybertronians should really look like (sleek and sexy, unlike the Bayverse which I really have to say I was a little disappointed with the designs) is really impressive and I highly commend Activision and High Studios for their work and dedication and loyalty to the franchise! I know i've said all along that I've kind of grown with the designs with the Transformers live-action made by Bay, but I'm just really impressed with this game beyond words. If there ever were to be a Transformers reboot, Tieger should probably direct it and High Moon Studios, Paramount, and Hasbro should collaborate and make this franchise a cross between Star Trek, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, and Star Wars!! Heck Hasbro and High Moon Studios should probably team up for their special effects company to rival ILM, Weta, and others. I hope this is the beginning of something big for Hasbro, Activision, and High Moon Studios, and if they ever were to collaborate on another live-action movie reboot, Paramount.

19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    arcee and slipstream thats a suprise and those rumble and frenzy desighns in the top right look amazing i hope they are in the game

20. TedimusPrime

This is exactly what I thought thank you. They just didn't mention at the end that the PC version would be the same.