TFW2005 Transformers Q&A Answers for August 2009 from Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by soundwaveCA, Aug 25, 2009.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    TFW2005 has received the latest answers from this months Hasbro Q&A, make sure to also check out TFW2005 sister sites Cybertron.ca and Toyark for more Hasbro Q&A feedback.

1. When will we hear about the new line / cartoon coming out after Revenge of the Fallen?

As you can imagine, TRANSFORMERS is a very important brand for Hasbro and we continue to look for new ways to bring the story to our fan base. Hasbro is looking forward to delivering exciting new content to kids and fans through our recently announced joint venture with Discovery Communications. We're excited to share this news with you and look forward to doing so when we have more specifics to share but it is still very early in the process to discuss what direction the entertainment will take. Stay tuned for future announcements.

2. Would Hasbro be willing to sell Takara-Tomy Transformer products such as Henkei/encore figures to the collector's market in the United States similar to what Takara does with their "USA Edition" figures such as Universe powerglide/Masterpiece Starscream?

As we have done in the past, we make sure to release those Takara-Tomy developed products that make sense for the U.S. market.

3. The large sized Robot Heroes toys (The Fallen, Demolishor, Devastator) in giftsets are a big success. Any plans on giving us G1-style large Robot Heroes (Unicron and Devastator were mentioned in last years Botcon) in 2010?

We do not have any plans to do any G1-style large Robot Heroes at this point in time.

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking forward to hearing more about what's next after Rotf. Shame they couldn't share more about it.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

They hardly said anything other than "the new show will be on our channel", "if we think we can sell it, sure we'll import some takara products", and no G1-ish large robot heroes.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So I guess a Classics / Universe Thrust or Red Alert just doesn't make sense.

Damn.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Isn't it a little premature to be asking about the next series already? They did already previously state they would be doing the internal discussions about it this month (august). That includes concept round tables, etc. So we probably won't be allowed to hear anything for at least 5-7 months due to all the stages of creation from design to prototype, and finding the best studio etc.

But that is awesome to hear that the fate of the next one which has already been said to be of the quality of TFA writing, will be in hasbro's hands on a Hasbro controlled station. =D

And that's sad news about the G1 big guys in the Robot heroes line. T_T

It'd be nice if we could hear about the future of universe though, or that alleged drift figure they hinted at previously. But ah well. Hopefully other QnA's will ask some stuff relating to it, instead of all of them mirroring the same repeated questions. T_T

6. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

They should call these "Q&A"s just "Q"s (unless the "A" stands for "Avoidances").

EDIT: Maybe it is premature to get specifics about the new show. It is just strange because animated sketches were already in circulation when the first movie came out.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seams like the questions were kinda wasted on stuff we new they wouldn't answer

8. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Answer to question 2, we are sat on the fence and as soon as we get the splinters out our arse, we will bring you bayverse tv:thumb 

9. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    pointless questions with pointless answers :( 

10. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds evasive as ever. Any other questions answered for the other Sites?

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Agreed...

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Animated as Kickback has told us repeatedly, was in the works a bit longer than most had realized. Thanks to a certain kickass employee they have. =D
    This time, they are just now discussing different aspects and probably getting ready to commission work on it for some ideas in aesthetics etc. Whereas before, they were at that stage when we were starting to get random stuff like that extremely early jetstorm jetfire concept piece. Leaks like that shouldn't show up for another month or 2 if even.
    And when I say discussing it. I mean everything from direction, to characters, to potential gimmick/story, and more. Everything basicly that makes a line what a line is. Including it's name, which could still go under several revisions. Like TFA went from TF Heroes(first name idea) to TFA(final name).

I'm just hoping the rumors of Universe ending but the characters still being important to them means we'll see something that can pay homage to them as well as animated, but an aesthetic that means they don't need universe on the shelf at the same time with new molds. Like Drift, or a new interpretation of springer as a triple changer, etc.

13. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand Thrust, actually. They made one out of the Classics Starscream mold for Botcon, they probably won't release it again in Universe. Then there's the Titanium and upcoming movie ones we're getting too.

Red Alert though....yeah, I would've liked to have gotten one in the US. :( 

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, again another round of questions wasted on stuff we knew wouldn't be answered. I mean, seriously. It's not so much their answers so much as the questions we keep asking. Oh well, anything interesting actually get asked by one of the other sites?

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Seriously. Who picked these? The first question is the only one that wasn't a complete waste. People ask that second question every damn year. Why was it picked? It's the exact same answer they give every single time it's been asked.

The third one is just stupid, because we already know we're not getting any non-movie Robot Heroes until at least the middle of next year.

Seriously you guys. You really dropped the ball with these selections.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Okay, according to cybertron.ca, it's confirmed that Universe is done as of may 30th of earlier this year. =/ Only repaints remain for it randomly.

So hopefully that means the aesthetic will carry on in some other manner, instead of just repaints with the names in movie styling. Hopefully red alert may slide into these repaints somehow as an exclusive or something still.

So either that means, we're getting universe 3.0 eventually (doubtful since henkei is done). Or they're leaving the door open to use the aesthetic in a main series, so unlike animated that was so radically different, this one would be like having the same molds on the shelves under two different names at the same time. Which would mean it's better to get rid of the one without a modern media to support it for now.

Personally, I'm kinda hoping for an IDW companion line. Just the fringes of figures that were never covered in Universe or animated, or probably even a new series.
    Like Drift, Springer, Kup, Arcee, Cosmos, or even Cybby Mode renditions of characters like Jazz or bumblebee.

17. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. I think EZ devs makes sense for the US market

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed. The first question was pointless and received a pointless answer. The second one was decent but of course a vague answer, and the last was one of the least pressing questions to know compared to others I saw.

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

3 of the lamest questions and answers.

20. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

I'm extremely upset over this. This is absolute nonsense. We were all asked to submit questions and then it was my understanding that the popular ones were picked. Who the hell picked these? These are an absolute waste of our time and theirs. I really want someone to answer for this because it's appalling. I do not want to hear anymore banter about us not asking the right questions. It's not the fans who are not asking the right questions it's the people submitting the questions to Hasbro who are screwing us. This makes me so mad that as a website, we can't submit a decent question to be answered properly. It's stuff like this that makes me just want to stop and go to a non-news based site or forum permanently.