TFW2005 Slow News Day Part 2 - 20th Prime, SWTF, Attacktix, Prime/Megs 2 Packs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Technically today hasn't been a slow news day, but hey, can't bail on the name. Today we're throwing up the following bits of info:

- Info on 20th Prime's re-release
    - New Star Wars Transformers
    - News on Hasbro's Attacktix Line
    - More info about the Prime/Megs 2 Pack revealed last week, as well as what exactly that $40 Primal/Megatron pack is ;) 
    - The end of Transformers Cybertron

So let's get started.

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime re-release

This figure is being released to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the original Transformers movie. It's said the movie is packaged along with the figure. The prototypes shown have no battle damage, long-stacks, and come with a talking stand that says 7 different phrases (none of it by Cullen :( ) I got word from someone in Hasbro that the long stacks aren't going to make the cut. S250's thread regarding it said the same.

Apparently WalMart will be getting a large display to put near the toy aisles (think Energon when it was first released). 20th Primes on one side, the original movie on its own on the other.

The packaging is similar to the original 20th Prime release, but the colors and design resemble the Transformers Classics packaging.

Star Wars Transformers

Nothing too exciting here. Another Darth Vader figure, this one transforms in to a Tie Fighter as opposed to a Tie Bomber. Two clone troopers (different colors, not sure if different modes). And some Jedi? Siema Keen or something to that effect? Forgive my blatant lack of Star Wars knowledge. I believe they're going in to the Expanded Universe now for new figures.

Attacktix

With Hasbro's acquisition of the license to Marvel comics, they are making not just Star Wars and Transformers Attacktix, but also Marvel Attacktix. All of which can be "played together" so to speak. Booster packs will also be available.

I think there's a ton of focus on the Marvel portion of it as there were listings of characters in waves, but nothing really for Star Wars and Transformers. Hasbro's answer to Hero Clix?

Optimus v. Megatron 2 packs

This time I'm not going off a description, but off a picture.

These are deluxe figures, and supposed to be brand new molds. The Optimus Prime figure is indeed a G1 figure, but his vehicle mode is hauntingly familiar to Robot Masters Optimus Prime in vehicle mode. He seems to have a lot of articulation ... the way they had him posed in the packaging art made me think of THS-02 Convoy in terms of articulation. Could be just really good packaging art though. (wasn't THS-01 Galaxy Convoy?)

No idea his accessories.

The Megatron is indeed G2 Megatron. In tank mode, he's green with purple camoflauge, just like his G2 incarnation. This is *NOT* the Hero mold from what I could tell. The picture was pretty small, but I do believe his gun is now on his arm as opposed to his shoulder? Again, not sure. Need bigger pictures! :) 

The $39.99 two pack of "Optimus v. Megatron" is actually the ultra sized BW figures. Now, like everyone else, I'm curious as to if they're the original, or if they're the Beast Wars Reborn set from Takara-Tomy. My source believed it was the BWR set and NOT the original Ultra figures, but he is unable to confirm. To the same, reliable sources have said they're just the original Ultra figures. So, just to be safe, we know they're the Ultra sized figures. We just don't know which ones.

Guess we'll find out soon enough though.

The end of Transformers Cybertron

As we know now, the Vector Prime repaint is "Galaxy Force Vector Prime". The same goes for the repaint of Optimus Prime. "Galaxy Force Optimus Prime" ...

The Megatron Deluxe figure is listed as "Megatron - T-Rex" ... so apparently we're getting some deluxe sized dinosaur version of Megatron. No idea the mold, unfortunately.

To counter Megatron, we're getting a Optimus Primal deluxe figure. Personally, that one screams "Beast Machines" to me, but again, there was no evidence of what mold it would be.

No listings for Sunstorm. Sorry :( 

Crosswise (G1 Smokescreen colors) and Cryo-Scourge are listed.

Alternators wise, Mirage and Camshaft are listed for release. Strangely enough, no listing for Rumble what so ever. It's only been what, two months since he was revealed at WalMart.com?

Anyways ... that's all I got! Tomorrow's update, if we go through with it, is all Transformers movie information ... from licensing information, where most of the cool stuff is going to go store-wise, names of the first waves of toys, and other neat stuff like that. If worse comes to worse, we'll simply leave off the names of the toys but just tell you what lines are getting what, and some of the cool info overall.

Enjoy!

2. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Hmm deluxe T Rex Megs and an Optimus Primal?*hopes for RM versions, believes they could fit into the deluxe size class*

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Two new G1 Prime and G2 Megs molds, eh? Sweet.

Please let the Cybertron Deluxe Primal be the Beast Machines version. That was always my favorite Primal and a new deco would rule!

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Any chance these might just be listings for the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary molds? Considering those were originally designed with the option of being released as part of the Cybertron line (what with Cyber Keys and all).

Any chance those are just old listings based on the original plan?

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    When you say the new G1 Prime mold is "hauntingly familiar" to the RM version in truck mode, do you mean it's really that bad? Maybe just a little bad?

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting news.

I like what's been said in regard to the two packs. The only thing bugging me is the Deluxe Megatron and Deluxe Optimus Primal... sounds more like holdovers from when they might have put the two BWX figures into Cybertron. Of course, it could be repaints of those molds too I guess, but that's probably unlikely... or they've simply decided to drop the BWX line (since it doesn't seem to be doing that well anyways) and put these two new molds at the tail end of Cybertron... which would explain why we haven't seen these guys in stores yet.

Also, I'm crossing my fingers for Alt Rumble...

7. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    They're listed as a fall release under the deluxe sizepoint. But they were shown under the "Cybertron" header ... the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Primal and Megs were listed separate, down the list from Dinobot, Rattrap, Cheetor, etc, under a "Beast Wars 10th Anniv" header.

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmm.. Beast goodness...
    But the BWR Primal and Megs would kick so much ass!

9. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It looked like RM Prime in truck mode. I'm told it's a new mold, that it's not RM Prime. But to be fair, any G1 Prime that doesn't come with a trailer look relatively the same in truck mode.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So then, we all have that huge ugly gap to look forward to?

And I think you need to look at G1 Prime cabs again. G1 looks nothing like Ginrai looks nothing like RM looks nothing like MP Prime in cab mode without trailer. :p 

11. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    The first Vader's alt-mode wasn't a TIE Bomber, it was a TIE Advanced. The Bomber looks like an Advanced with two pods instead of one.

And I'm kinda concerned that they're dipping into the Expanded Universe now. Casual SW fans like me have no idea who these characters are, and don't most hardcore fans despise this line?

12. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

It would rule if the BWX molds where included in the Cyb line.

Why?

Because then Europe would have a chance of getting them.

13. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Awesome news on new deluxe mold G1 Prime and G2 Megatron!!!:D 

As for Deluxe Megatron and Primal for the Cybertron line, I thought they could be just the BW 10th toys since Primal plays a role in the club comic and the figures original release under the line...yet it seems to be something else. Maybe they're Robotmaster reissues?

As for the $40 Megs/Primal 2 pack, sounds pretty good if it is indeed the BWR figures, but I already got the Takara version months ago. :p 

14. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    It DOES sound like BW10th figures might be getting a second run under Cybertron.

Maybe Hasbro did not get enough support from the BW10th line itself, so they co-release the figures in Cybertron to ensure they make their money back?

Also, is thhe Opt Prime vs. Megatron set in classics packaging?
    And...can we see the pic? :p 

15. Vector Scourge

Vector Scourge Well-Known Member

Please don't get me wrong, but it's just not the same for me getting a Prime without an trailer! Guess it the growing up G1 thing I guess :( !! But still get it anyways.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope they are the Takara set!!!

17. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is it possible it's not another Darth Vader but a plain old Tie Fighter who transforms into a Tie Fighter pilot? Vader and the Tie Pilot's helmets are very similar to each other.

18. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, the Optimus Prime/Megatron 2-pack is in Classics packaging. And I'd show you ... if I had it! :thumb 

19. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Apparently it's Darth Vader. *shrug* I wasn't too thrilled about SWTF. But consider Vader is a cashcow and why WOULDN'T they release him 3 to 4 times in different modes?

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm agreeing with everyone who thinks it's going to be BW 10th Primal and Megs in Cybertron packaging. Which is good, I'm all for that. This way I can save $5 each on them and not get stuck with a useless dvd of BW episodes I already have on the boxsets (which annoyed me to no end with the other BW 10th figures).

I'm not paying $80 for a second MP Prime, so it doesn't really matter to me if they have Peter Cullen on the voice box or Pee Wee Herman.

The Prime/Megs 2-pack sounds interesting, but with Classics coming out at around the same time I'll most likely pass on this one.

I am not missing that BW 2-pack, though. Especially if it features the Takara remolds. The original Optimus Primal mold is one of my favorite TF molds ever, and I've wanted the Megatron one for ages.