TFW2005 Reviews Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen The Game (Xbox 360, PS3)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Apparently the "Climb on walls" button is also "Pick shit up" button, but I don't know how well it works.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can't pick stuff up anymore. You can flip cars over, but it's pretty useless.

3. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool! Looks like they fixed the crappy Camera system. I took the first game right back to the store because of that(it was unplayable). I've only ever gotten motion sickness from playing the first TF movie game or watching someone play Counterstrike on a fast PC. Now that the camera seems to be fixed,plus the addition of Multiplayer,i must say i'm really looking forward to this one.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    And thank god for that.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well the game looks cool but I will save my money for the deluxes and maybe rent the game.

6. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I'll rent then probably buy when it's cheap. Not a lot of games now are worth buying at release.

7. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I normally don't play video games, but this might just encourage me to do so!

-W-

8. AutoSlasher101

AutoSlasher101 Strategist

I vill vin ze poztar

9. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love the multiplayer part of this game the most out of everything in it just wish there was more soundwave

10. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Looks pretty good to me, Im only gonna order it from Gamefly (should come tomorrow). Im mainly looking forward to just playing online and maybe doing the missions out of boredom. Im not a fan of the 'non-stop' action that ive heard of from the game, but overall looks better than most games based on movies, which usually suck...a lot.

11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I liked being able to pick stuff up in the first game. Especially in the power plant area.
    This new one looks fantastic though. Probably the only thing I'm not keen on are the timed missions.

12. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I'll be picking up the Wii version of the game after I get the opportunity to play a friend's copy of the game... The first movie's game's camera killed what was otherwise a great game, so I'm hoping that they didn't mess up twice!

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Eh it's alright. I got $10 off the movie ticket for buying my game at Walmart :D . I keep dying on the first mission. Same thing happened with the last movie game. These types of games are too hard for me :( .

14. iLuvM3

iLuvM3 Me, Grimlok, King!

if the games anything like the movie i will buy XD, Optimus got beast in this movie o_O , only died from the usual cheap shot :/, why megatron & decepticons blow. cheaters :/.

but i'm debating on the game, the price is what gets me but it seems worth it, i may buy with my next pay check :].

15. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    I really like the game, although controls are tricky and can't destroy everything I still greatly enjoy it

16. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

PC version

Well, I have no Xbox or Wii or PS, so I'll be getting the PC version of the game.
    I hope my system can handle the updated graphics. The first one played well, but slightly laggy at times.

My biggest grudge with the first game was with the controls of the first one on the PC, which I REALLY hope they tweaked with #2. Not with the buttons you press, but with the sensitivity / response of them. It made some levels REALLY hard to do. I spent hours trying to get past driving Bbee through those tunnels. I tried different configs, even a gamepad. No help. (I did finally passed it though.) I did try driving Bbee on a friends PS, and it worked MUCH better.

Looking forward to seeing the updates, and just playing more robot carnage!!! The cutscenes are nice too!
    Also can't wait to see what multiplayer is like! Woot!!!

Regardless of the difficulty, I'm a completist when it comes to games, and want to play it all the way through, no matter how long it takes me, ESPECIALLY a TF game!!!
    Eager to play!

17. Spongezilla

Spongezilla Well-Known Member

I still haven't decided if i will get the Wii version of the PS2. Which one is better?

18. g1powerglide222

g1powerglide222 Revenge Is Here

I love this game!!! My best fried has the Xbox 360 and i got the game for him for his b-day. We played it no stop in mutiplayer mode and we also had fun playing it with gold megs and gold prime! The graphics are teriffict!! I give this game 5 stars and a 10/10

19. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

I picked this game up last night, and having worked for a video game company ( 2k boston, the bioshock creators) I can honestly say this game is actually excellent.

Now by this I mean that they took in the fans and critics input from the first game and modified the game thusly. Case in point, picking things up. I remember in TF1 specifically as bumblebee fighting barricade i would pick up things all the time when I didn't want to, let alone i couldn't beat ironhide as blackout due to having to pick up and throw cars at the longarms. Another sore point that is gone is the irritating "sheild system" that made using guns a moot point unless you were shooting down human military vehicles ( another thing that's gone thank god)

Now on to the slight critique of what i've played of this game so far. This game has more commands than buttons, great way they used the 360 controller to full advantage, but the short tutorial that throws you into the game can be too short. It took me a minute to remember the advanced slam and flickkick, and actually easing off the throttle correctly makes me want to punch babies as i kept having a cybertronian seizures flipping in and out of bot mode. But i just kept turboing into con's so at least there's that. And that's about it....the game has everything that the first game was missing, lost all the really annoying stuff, and added gobs of new cool stuff.

So basically I love this game, but those who have a steep learning curve be patient. It'll come to you.

Thank you Luxoflux, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this game, hope i win a poster from you, and your next project should be a TF 360 MMO with create-a-player and i'll buy it on multiple platforms!

ps. thanks for the free g1 episodes unlocks!

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    From the reviews I've seen from members, neither.