TFW2005 Reviews Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen The Game (Xbox 360, PS3)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

I started the session again.

2. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

Team Deathmatch
    Construction Pit
    Join Please!!!!

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

That's all of the sideswipe action? Can you at least play as him when you're running around the city in the free mode place/Level/Thing?

Once you're done playing the game, please tell me who all is playable, and who appears in the game. I plan on getting this if Sideswipe and at least one twin along with Ironhide, Ratchet, Prime, and BB.

I'm going to assume this is Transformers : Autobots right? If you get the decepticons games, please do tell us about it!

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I am having a blast. I picked up the PC version today and just completed the Story and Side missions for the Autobots in Shanghai. I'm currently trying to polish up my skills with the advance transformation play.

All in all....it's not a groundbreaking game, but I am having one helluva fun time with it. :D 

5. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

can you free roam

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    In the PC version you can after you clear the area. That what I'm doing to practice. I'm sure it's the same on the 360 and PS3. The other versions I'm not sure.

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we see a pic of Devastator?

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can, but there is no point to it. You can't attain goals, energon or battle any enemies. You literally can just walk around an empty level.

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sorry, no can due. Activision has requested we do not create our own screenshots (hence why every review uses the same shots).

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Repetitiveness I can possibly understand, but not the lack of story. I don't play games for the story, and there is a small "amount" of story there. But to each his own. I still give it 8/10.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Okay, comparing God of War to a movie game is not fair at all. God of War had plenty of development time, and is a COMPLETELY different game in regards to concept and combat. Secondly- you're seriously saying that Wolverine and Web of Shadows are fluid and... an extension of the character? Wolverine is nothing but a mindless combat game in which two buttons can be used to beat the whole game, and lacks any ingenuity in combat. Web of Shadows, again, is another mindless combat game that only gets points for having different moves for the black and red suits. The web-slinging, which is a focal part of being spider man, is clunky and only serves to take you in the direction of another fight.
    If you're going to make a good comparison between RoTF the Game and another Movie Game, please do so with Spider Man 2 the Game, which was the only Move Game that did everything right, otherwise, your arguments are pointless.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

May just get the strategy guide for all the chool character model pics.

This game looks fun in short bursts, and the list of achievements seem decent enough to go for. May probably buy it just to have some hi-res controllable Transformers to play around with on some rainy days.
    The first game was'nt the best game, but I never got tired of tforming all over the place.

I just want one good TF game in my game library, and this seems the best pick.
    Armada for PS2 is still awesome, but it's still just Armada characters.

13. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    wow xbox live dosent even have a game marketplace area for anything yet/

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Passing on the Console version since it's just normal activision tie-in fluff. but eagerly picked up the DS version.

I'm confused, the game is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but seems Lacking in comparison to the first DS game. gone is the full voice acting, the switchable vehicle modes, the control scheme is changed....for the worse I think. DS Game 1 was not broke.....why did they try to fix it?

15. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    Wow he scored it similiar to mines....nice that were on the same lines...but yours better with pics and better grammar lol

16. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi, my name is Freefall, and I just wasted 30 bucks on the ps2 version.

I don't play video games often, thought this would be the same as the xbox and ps3 versions but it is so not.

It might be fun... if you could TRANSFORM.

Seriously. Only time you TF is for special moves.

Time for a 360

17. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great review Joe!

Can I come over and play? :) 

18. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

I didn't find the controls hard to get used to on the PS3 at all. 5 minutes playing and it came intuitively. It might just depend on the types of games you do play on a regular basis as to how well you adapt to the control scheme. It IS different, but I like it and it's got a good flow to it to me.

Like it's been said, there's a lot that's better than the 1st game and a few things worse than the 1st.

Audio in the debriefing room is all over the place as far as loudness... This is a small thing that's annoying and makes for hard to hear conversations. At least on my stereo HDTV. Could be different with surround, dunno, don't have it.

Character models are well done, voice acting is decent, and it's great fun blowing up things. Car controls work very well, as do the flight controls. No screen tearing yet, graphics are equal on PS3 and 360, which shows Luxoflux put a lot of care into making their game a showcase game in the time they had. Multiplayer's a blast to play so far - I've just tried out team DM.

For those of you guys wondering if it's worth it, try it - I think there's something here all the fans will enjoy if they like shoot-em up, 3rd person shooters. This brings back the old school gaming fun of trying to get your points as high as you can make them go in the levels. Something that's been sorely missed in the last few years.

If you're on the fence, rent it, or do what I did - I traded in old games that I'll never play again at Gamestop and got it for free. :)  Can't say I'm sad to see that sorry excuse for a Ghostbusters game go. I'm definately having more fun with TF:ROTF!

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best Transformers game in my book. And online is addicting as heck especially with members from this board. I love this game.

20. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've run into a few problems so far. First...for some reason, between missions...for some reason optimus primes voice is incredibly low volumed. The rest are loud as hell. Very annoying. Also, the transformation button and firing button are the same...and sometimes i get random transformations. When i lose the lock on a enemy...i'll transform...that annoys the crap outta me...

but...i did find out a nice surprise that i didn't know before...apparently there are g1 episodes on at least the 360 version...i unlocked sos dinobot and i'm watching it now haha