TFW2005 Resources Update - Marvel Crossovers Section Now Online

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Our resources section has been updated with an all-new category for the Marvel Crossovers Transformers, and we're inaugerating it in style! Each of the Wave 2 toys has official, high res images accompanying their entry - click the links, then click on the image tab at the top:

Grey Hulk
    Human Torch
    Black Costume Spider-Man
    Wolverine

Be sure to check out the rest of the new category, with full info on the Wave 1 Crossovers and listings for the rest, which we will update as soon as more information becomes available!

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/marvel-crossovers-253/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Sorry, I know a lot of you like these things but I've said it before and I'll say it again:

WORST

IDEA

EVER!

I thought the SWTF were ugly but these...wow...these just take the cake.

Marvel is Marvel, TFs are TFs, there really is no need to make hybrids out of both of them.

3. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I agree, it is not a good idea and I will not be buying any of these unless I can't find any new TF's, oh wait I can't find any new TF's. Sorry still wont buy these.

4. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far I have been less impressed with these than even the majority of SWTFs (at least those have good vehicle modes usually and I have purchased a few for that fact). Most of these look more than a little off in both modes.

Let me say that it's awesome that some Hasbro photo people still can't transform some of these toys. It is blatantly obvious that Human Torch's hands aren't flipped out.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I hope they do a green and gold repaint of wolvy >.>

Though that's just wishful thinking wanting a Brawn hummer. xD Though he does rather scream Cybertron Overhaul, especially with those retractable claws.

Can't get into the Spidey's at all, or the torch one. But Ironman's not too shabby, Venom is pretty sweet(symbiote possessed bigdaddy!), and the Hulks kinda fit to the idea of hulk busters so those work for me. Torch kinda reminds me of the quinjet too, though he's not an avenger so that's a weird idea. Shame they didn't go fantasticar with him, with the other 3 becoming the rest of it, with a gestalt four big bot.

Overall not a bad start, but some choices have been better than others.
    I'm probably only going to pick up Grey Hulk, Ironman, and Venom. As they seem to make the most sense paint scheme wise. Especially with gray hulk having that almost allspark like blue.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wolverine here may be the first of these guys I pick up.

And they may not be the best TF's around, but I'd just like to remind everyone of a little Toy Biz line known as "Marvel Megamorphs"...

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Are Wolvie's claws retractable?

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Pretty sure on spring loaded, but not so sure on retractable or not. They do seem to have the room in the hand to go in though, just not sure if that's for transformation, or as a bot mode feature. Scratch that, they are retractable with a springloaded button release it looks like. The button is right below the elbow.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I don't get this hate. I mean, if you don't like the idea, fine, but on average the engineering on these guys is definitely on par with regular TFs.

As for the pics themselves, new character art, cool, wasn't expecting that. And Wolverine looks better every time I see 'im. Gotta love that the guys completely got Human Torch's transformation right, but DIDN'T FLIP OUT THE ARMS, which are painfully obvious. Honestly, what goes through these peoples' heads?

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow wave 2 kicks wave 1's ass! i love that hulk!

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the great new pictures Sol. :thumb 

Wolverine is gonna get brought and then he's gonna get his claws filed so they look less kid safe and more like the art. :bay 

12. Optimus Crab

Optimus Crab Post-Apocalyptic Autobot

Well, that's horrifying.

13. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks pretty good from what I see... Human Torch hands lol! Spidey's alt mode looks much better in black than the orignal's color scheme. Might get Wolvie. The only one I have at the moment is greeney Hulk. Cos it's so cute lol...

14. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed. Wolverine and Captain America are definite buys for me, and while I'm not all too interested in the others, this line as a whole is easily superior to the awful SWTFs.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm still thinking about getting a gray Hulk to kitbash into a War Within styled Grimlock, though the blue is the one thing that'll stop me from doing so. If anything, I'll at least get the following so I have a set of the characters that'll be a part of the Avengers movie, and because Venom is one of my favorite comic book characters:

-Captain America
    -Hulk
    -Iron Man
    -Thor
    -Venom
    -Carnage

16. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

I for one love the Hulk and Iron Man toys I've gotten. I think their transformations are pretty fun, and they look a lot better in person than the ruddy manufacturer pictures would have you believe. Personal taste, I know :) 

Anyway, I see with the Human Torch's 'bot mode that they forgot to rotate his hands out. :p 

17. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I only have the Hulk, but I'm very impressed with this line. The engineering is easily on par with mainline TF, and the Hulk feels sturdier and seems to have fewer QC issues than many recent Animated or Classics releases.

I agree, some of the vehicle modes are a little odd, but there are some advantages to that. Because Hulk is a pretty nondescript tank that has no obvious crew compartment (card back fiction aside), it's easy to fit the Hulk Cross-over into many different displays. You can display Hulk as a full-size tank/Hulk buster, but with the up-coming 3 3/4 inch Marvel characters, I think I'll display Hulk as a tank drone in that scale. In bot-mode, the Mecha Hulk will look great with some 3 3/4 characters.

18. soundwave13c

soundwave13c cassetticon guardian

one word: sick! and thats not in a good way.

19. MR.UPGRADER

MR.UPGRADER Active Member

Cool pics!:thumbs2: 

20. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Cool. Black Spider-Man is spectacular, and I will get Human Torch and Wolverine too.

You know, I don't get this. I know there's some people who totally can't get into this line just because they hate the idea, but do them really need to go to every Crossovers thread and say "worst line ever" and "I hate this line"?