TFW2005 Radicons Custom/Kitbash Contest - In Honor Of Vector

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by REDLINE, Jan 16, 2008.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    TFW2005 is proud to announce that we are holding a customs/kitbashes contest. The theme is "In Honor of Vector". Our sponsor, TFSource is going to provide a prize to the ultimate winner of this contest, a brand-new e-Hobby Laser Ultra Magnus. Be sure to visit our sponsors as they help support our site!

There are a few ground rules for this contest that everyone interested needs to read: Firstly, the contest is open to anyone who's a registered member of TFW2005. Secondly, you can make any character you choose, but it must be a brand-new custom of yours, and the custom submitted must be a transformable toy custom. Entries must be newly altered. Any work previously posted on the internet is ineligible. Should it be determined that your work was done before the date of the start of the contest, your will be disqualified from the contest. You will want to take good pictures that fully show off your work, including each mode your custom can transform into. No more than 4 photos to be submitted per custom, please. One entry per person.

This contest will be broken up into two parts: Re-paints, and Modified. The contest will run for a period of six weeks, starting today, at which time submissions will be closed (2-27-08). The staff of the site will then judge all the entries and reduce them down to three finalists from each of the two sections, and these finalists will then be brought before all the members of the site for final judging. THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE WINNER, chosen by your peers. If anyone wants to auction off their custom with proceeds donated to Dana, vector's wife, after the contest is over they may, though it is not required. On a related note, anyone wanting to donate money to Dana, we have a thread set-up for this already: click HERE.

There has been a sub-forum of Radicons set-up for people to submit all their entries, found here. Good luck to all who enter.

EDIT: OK, I've come up with a banner image for people supporting the contest to be able to use in their signatures here or at other websites. The artwork in the banner was in vector's final signature. MAKE SURE YOU RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE-AS THE IMAGE INSTEAD OF STEALING MY BANDWIDTH! (its against the board rules anyway).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Woohooo! count me in!

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

hopefully we'll see a flood of entries. count me in. hopefully six weeks is enough.

4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I thought I remembered talk of auctioning off customs (for those who want to) and donating proceeds to Vector's family. Is this still a possibility?

`X

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    read the first post

6. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Too bad. What I'd do won't fit in those categories. Ah well, 6 weeks isn't enough time anyway.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll give it a shot. Should be lots of fun. :) 

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    and how's that? scratch-built paper-former would be in modified.

9. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:

thought this was appropriate, i would LOVE to do this, but i got no money to make one

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Added a banner image for people's signatures in the first post of this thread.

11. stencilator

stencilator Member

I'm in! It's a great way to honour the memory of Vector and gives the kitbash community a reason to put some heart into a special piece. Nice one.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

i want this plus my sig, how did you do that to get two pics

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    If you want to get to have two, you have to donate enough to be a "contributor". Click the Rules link at the top of the page to get more info.

PLEASE SAVE THE BANNER IMAGE TO YOUR OWN PHOTO-HOSTING SITE! I DON'T WANT ALL MY BANDWIDTH BEING TAKEN

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is an awesome idea.....what a great way to honor a friend :thumb 

Cant wait to see all the new customs...!!

15. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright I have a question. I am a professional scale modeler as well as a Transformer fan. I have built many replicas of transformers in a scale plastic form often involving kitbashing of different kits. However mine obviously do not transform! Would you exept a replica of a movie vehicle anyone from brawl to Prime? I paint the vehicles and add the parts to make them accurate believe me it takes a while but as I mentioned they don't transform. What do you think?

16. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Count me in, I won't win but it's not about winning it's about honoring Vector.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hate to be a nudge but...

Why the 4-pic limit for entries? It puts people who make tripple-changers/duo-cons/combiners at a dissadvantage.

If you only have 4 pics to show 3 or 4 modes, then you don't have a pic or two to "burn" on a detail shot that may end up being important while the 2-mode guys have no problem with the detail shots.

How 'bout changing the rules to "2 pics per mode" so a regular fig gets 4, a tripple-changer gets 6, etc.

18. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that was my only gripe. I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 pics per mode. So you'd have a front, back, and side of the vehicle mode(s), and a front, back, and action shot of the robot mode.

19. REDLINE

News Credits:
    when Transtopia had their contest, they limited to 2 pictures. I am being generous. you have to keep in mind that we'll have to pour over every single picture of every single entry when we do our elimination round. If you take good high-res pictures, details aren't a problem.

20. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I think that if you did such a thing in robot-mode, that'd be fine. I don't think a car with a logo on it is really enough for the spirit of the contest.