Tfw2005 is it possible to make a subsection for spoilers?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by tonks00, Jun 16, 2011.

1. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I was just thinking, about 90% of the threads in the movie forum have been devolving into people yelling at others for not pitting on spoiler tags, and such. Is it possible to make a subsection for the movie forum to have a whole forum where everyone can speak freely in one, and have another for speculation. I know this won't solve the problem completly but obviously it doesn't seem to be working with a simple sticky at the top. I persoanlly haven't been affected cause I don't care about spoilers but I'm tired of having a million people complaining that they do. Ibrespect those that want the spoiler free experience, I just think this would be a way to help those people.

Thank you

2. Syn3sthesia

Syn3sthesia Well-Known Member

I support this.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    best.idea.ever.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a bad idea but there's no guarantee that people will post spoilers in that designated section. I don't think it will be much better than the way it is now but that's just me.

EDIT - although a consequence for posting spoilers outside of designated sections like HIM666fan suggested might help

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Why hasnt anyone come up with this before? i agree with you 100% that way if some posts a spoiler outside that forum people can get banned freely etc. GENIUS tonks GENIUS!!!!!

6. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

The only thing would be to set strict rules, you spoil in speculation get a temp ban.... Just an idea

7. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Well hey i passed this along to a mod lets see what happens! again nice idea!

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We have no plans to split the movie forum up or adjust the rules to be needlessly harsh. You enter the movie forum at your own risk. If you don't want to be spoiled, it's best to avoid the section all together. Especially now with some much info available on the actual plot of the film.

9. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Not something in the game plan right now. Too hard to enforce, and so much discussion is between spoiler and non spoiler, mixing back and forth even serveral posts or pages into a thread otherwise not. I don't believe the desired effect of not-spoiling oneself could be achieved. May even make it worse, as you would expect to not see spoilers, then get hit 2 pages into a thread via a response.

Only 2 weeks left, just be careful reading if you are that concerned, or, if you 100% dont want to know anything going on with the movie, then stay out of movie forum and turn your eyes when the commercials hit TV :) .

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Also if there is a thread has has huge spoilers use the report bad post function and one of the mods can ad "spoilers" to the thread title as they see fit. Thanks!

11. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Beleive me the fact that there is only 2 weeks left till the premeier is not lost on me, but maybe this will be an idea for possible future movies. I appreciate that you (mods took time to address this, it is just an idea to make the movie forums a better place to be