TFW2005 Interviews IDW's Costa and Ramondelli on CHAOS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving the preview images. Technobots, Pretenders, and what appears to be Grotusque! It's great to see those guys again.

I'm interested in seeing what happens in Chaos. I know most have been dissapointed in the ongoing, but it has picked up a bit in the last few issues.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh wow, all issues will look like that? Because if yes, that's freaking awesome.

Livios' art feels more like a... graphic novel than a normal comic book.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Art is gorgeous!
    Lookin' forward to this.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's some pretty outstanding artwork! It has a very epic feel to it. I'm looking forward to the CHAOS storyline and what changes it will bring.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Ohno, Sweeps! :(  Noooo

Funny how this page features all characters that died or can be considered dead..except for Drift maybe? He was near dead!

Art looks lovely...not sure if an entire issue is colored like this, seems like an awful lot of work, but if it is, I think I might pick it up for the art alone.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  7. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Wow that is some great artwork. Those sweeps look like demons.

8. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Color me excited. This run gets better every issue.

9. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Uh, the art looks nice. I think the big beef with the art in the IDW comics isn't so much a matter of style (mostly) but of consistancy. If the designs are recognizably the same, and rendered in a way where porportions and perspective are taken into account- go nuts.

But did we all miss the part where Costa says he leaves names blank in his scripts and asks James for suggestions on who should be delivering the lines?

How is this acceptable? He writes the stories without consideration of the characters in the story?

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Wait, there was an interview? I must have been distracted by the gorgeous art! :lol 

You are right. that doesn't sound very good. Unless it's just minor characters outside of the main story Costa is writing, of course. Transformers features alot of 'nobodies' that are interchangeable.

I don't really like Costa is saying that Ironhide's resurrection was planned and that it will have great influence on the rest of the universe..because that's exactly what was said about Ironhide's death, and that actually didn't really do much. I mean..Prime left, but at the end of the story arc the status quo was sort of restored.

11. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Pretty colors...! :) 

I also had to roll my eyes at the thing about "fans don't like stories set on Earth" or whatever. Stories on Earth weren't the problem- stories set on the Earth with no rational reason why everything was Earth-bound were the problem.

Must be tough, writing stories about anicent alien robots who turn into cars. *sigh*

12. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the TF fandom is actually divided pretty evenly about 'space'. Personally, I don't really like space stories and really prefer Earth..some people the other way around. I do think there is some kind of misunderstanding on IDW's side that people not liking the Ongoing stories means they don't like Earth, which might be amplified by the fact (can I use 'fact' here? :D ) that Last Stand Of The Wreckers was a great book, and it was set in space/other planet.

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Kudos to IDW for answering some tough questions. Though the --ENCRYPTED-- bit totally ruined my questiona bout the storylines that were ignored, retconned, or simply "forgotten". :p 

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh...I may be wrong, but isn't BUMBLEBEE still the official leader of the Autobots?

Even in the latest preview, OP is back to stomping around taking charge but I don't think he's officially assumed that mantle yet. That's kind of a shake-up.

15. eTalking

eTalking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, that preview art is fantastic. if nothing else, chaos is going to be pretty to look at.

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a good reason - Ultra-Energon, and Scorponok trying to rebuild himself by trading the Machination Headmaster tech. And so afterwards Prime decided to just live on a planet Megatron had ravaged when he'd never done that before.

17. ProwlPrime

ProwlPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    I don't really care where the stories take place, as long as they're good stories and flow organically to the story being told.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's a good idea actually, that way instead of shoehorning in characteristics onto main cast members they can look for characters who fit story lines and plot points that allow new blood and greater story development.

Yay Cybertron! I wonder where Galvatron got all those sweeps from and why they seem, zombieish.

19. Voidsign

Voidsign Well-Known Member

Im sorry but I find that artwork Loathsome.
    It looks like it should be in a 90s issue of 2000AD (crappy british comic).

I hate it and I think I will be giving this a miss.

-VS-

20. Digilaut

News Credits:
    But still, he's there doing his thing. You are right that Bumblebee is the leader, but Prime is still standing right behind him doing pretty much what he was doing when he was the leader...I mean, I'm ok with that...and I completely understand that comics rely on these drastic plot twists to sell, yet at the same time can't afford to piss off too many people and have to go back to some sort of status quo eventually, but this all feel really forced to me.

Doesn't really matter what I think though..was just voicing my concern! :thumbs2: 

Well, of course everybody is entitled to their own opinions and stuff, but come one..the coloring work alone is miles above what's been done in TF comics, or most comics in general. There's not often the kind of budget for this quality, so I'm guessing the budget got upped, or more likely, the guy working on the colors is really, really fast.

If you can't stand the artstyle...well, again, that's fine, but even that is actually pretty damn decent...so I don't understand why anyone would find it loathsome.

edit: just checked what a 2000AD issue in the nineties looked like...to compare this to that is a big insult.