TFW2005 Interview With TF Brand Team at SDCC 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 you're alright, Horseman

News Credits:
    Looks like more fuel towards the leaked movieverse subline. Movieverse figures represent yahhhhhhh! Thanks for reppin, Tony B

• Like Like x 2
  3. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you very much for all the information! That must have been a lot of work.

Thanks also to Hasbro for actually listening to all fans and trying to please each section of the fanbase. I look forward to the inclusion of a lot more of the movieverse! Happy to hear that Generations is going strong for all who like that as well!

• Like Like x 2
  4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I kinda feel really bad for Warden now, given you could tell he was teasing all that movie stuff that was leaked.

Also, Tony, as someone who is driven irrationally nuts by faction symbol mixing oversights, THANK YOU for asking about that :p 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Great read!  Looking forward to what they come up with next!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Prime135

Prime135 "Resistance is not futile" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Poor guy...all of his grand upcoming reveals and subtle hints spoiled...

• Like Like x 8
  7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Starting to feel bad for Warden. Sounds like HasCon was genuinely going to have a ton of reveals. Maybe not as much of the Power of the Primes stuff, but definitely all the movie stuff.

Still, we only know what's coming now, not what it looks like. So at least there's that. And maybe they will be less inclined to keep later waves under wraps because we already know about them. :lol 

• Like Like x 9
  8. stad

stad Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as I was reading this, feeling kind of bad for him. You can tell he's constrained on what he can say, but he's excited he'll be able to reveal it at HasCon, and that's just gone down.

As far as the symbols go, I obviously haven't been paying attention. Not sure I could even tell the difference between movie and "regular" symbols (I didn't really realize they were different.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Well, that definitely creates hope that those leaked movie figures are still coming and that they're not from a canceled line. Having a bit of an idea of what to expect actually makes me more excited to see the HasCon reveals, because I really wanna see the actual toys. I just hope we get to see a decent amount of them and don't get stuck with only having an announcement of the line, with just one or two toys revealed. I wanna see that Crowbar figure and find out if OP, Screamer, Meg and Brawl are getting new Voyagers or if they're simply having their Leaders repainted.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Thanks Tony man that's cool. Bummer about the leaks for Hasbro I bet they are pissed. I don't know though for all we know they leaked it
    :shrug

11. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

If there was any remaining doubt about whether the names on that Trypticon cereal poster were for existing boxsets or a hint about future boxsets, this should settle it. It would be nice, though, if Hasbro would release the list of who is paired with who, just to clear up the few unclear names (Fengulf, Refracter, etc)

12. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Yes, they obviously voided all their press events for the next two years to intentionally share all of their toyline with a few hundred people on the internet.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Prime135

Prime135 "Resistance is not futile" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try 8 months. That ain't two years worth of toys. Also, if anything I think it builds hype for the press releases. Keep in mind those were very small blurry pics, and many of the figures were represented with placeholders. I for one will be no less excited to be getting both generations and movie figures that I've been asking for for years, just because I already know they're coming...

That being said, I do have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had the time I went to get some grosheries out of the car for my parents about a month before Christmas, and saw HFTD leader starscream hiding under a coat...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    bet you money that when he said this, he was sitting within 15 feet of the trypticon poster with those titan masters names written on it

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

So I guess we\'re not getting the two other boxsets after all?  That explains the clone 2-pack...

16. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

Lol, TFW got hit with a takedown order too? That leak was legit, this confirms it. Kinda sucks that they have to go into full damage control mode now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. openchallenge

openchallenge Plastic based

There\'s that universe term again. I had a feeling these lines where a retirement party. 

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

Yea... sorry, but we didn't need the leaks to know about the combining gimmicks. All those did was reveal characters and a couple new molds (the rest is placeholder art).

You don't make a new CW compatible Jazz if you aren't going to continue the combining gimmick.

You don't awkwardly turn in Starscream's arms if you aren't hiding combiner ports that people already saw.

• Like Like x 1
  19. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Good stuff @Tony_Bacala , thanks! this came off a lot more "off the cuff" and less canned in the answers then the Seibertron interview.

20. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

He better mean we will get the last and best headmasters; Apeface and Snapdragon. Making a G1 inspired headmaster line without them would be beyond stupid. I also hope we will get a deluxe Repugnus, I mean they already have titanmaster of him and Twinferno (*Doublecross), so why not continuing the monsterbots? It will be weird and inconsistent if only Twinferno will have titanmaster:( ...

*Sorry, I like the name Twinferno better

• Like Like x 1