TFW2005 Giveaway - 5 PS3 DLC Codes - Round 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Aug 1, 2010.

1. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It felt that the game creators did have a respect for the source material, and the love that fans have had for the characters & franchise for over 25 years. The characters' dialogue back & forth felt right & believeable, the FMV was pretty decent, and Cullen - what more need I say on that?? :D 

While some of the changes I was less-than-impressed with (Dark Energon, exactly how Starscream joined Megatron, and the manner Optimus became Prime), it was mostly liveable. There's so many similarities yet so many contradictions in the Transformers canon, that staying true to how a character has been portrayed/motivations/speech patterns is more important to my enjoyment of a new TF offering than specific details.

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Best part was the Decepticon campaign.

Megatron is feared, but is still being tested (not only by the Autobots, but even his own minions question his leadership). The "Dark Energon" fireballs is silly, but fits in with all the other stupid things in Transformers lore (space rust, transformation cogs, etc). All the levels with the Decepticons rocked. For the first time (in my knowledge), the relationship between the 3 main seekers is explored.
    And lastly, STARSCREAM WAS AN AUTOBOT!!!!!!! WOWWIE WOW WOOOW!

3. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    The BEST Part of the Single campaign mode is : I feel like taking a vacation at the Planet Cybertron finally !!!

Imagine... what we were told through the story of G1 Transformers... its almost always happening at a planet called Earth ; and don't you all tired of this planet ? But then Cybertron with all these heroes and villains... being either party they aren't just robots automating something to happen (like things in Earth)... but for their survival or their ambition ... You know being part of it feel like special. I can't imagine if anyone who likes Transformers doesn't give it a try on this game.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought he and his crew were neutral lot who were in league with Zeta Prime, but were not Autobots. They wore no symbols of any kind, not even the Cybertronains under Starscream's command, Jetfire too.

5. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    The BEST part, is when megatron meets starscream. Everything between them after that was so perfectly starscream/megatron I could have cried. In every way screamer was the best of his incarnations, and megatron's aloof attitude toward him was so in character and perfect... Well there it is. It was truly a treat for me as I played, and really helped to immerse me in the experience.

-A.S.

6. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Just wanted to let folks know we chose guard convoy's response as the winner for this round. Lots of great responses, but his had some good humor and stuck out.

Feel free to continue to post in this thread even tho the code has been given out, you never know who may be looking down the road! :) 

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Omg i won!!!!!

thank you guys! this means a lot to me

8. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Simple. The process of Megatron converting Starscream. Playing as Megatron made this especially poignant. The reward of actually playing as the Seekers in the next scene brought it home...and the feeling of flight in this game, especially with a potent sniper like Starscream, was intense.