TFW2005 Fantasy Baseball 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this is one of my worst drafted teams.

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I had Mauer towards the top of mine, sorry. :) 

Andy My auto made some weir pics, too. Ah well, off to go "shopping" for replacements...

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Is there something wrong with the league? When I look at the standings I see a loss for the Macon Biscuits, but we haven't played a game yet. Weird.

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Great I'm doomed and its not even Friday yet.

Nope looks ok!

Oh now that you mention it, my team doesn't look that good either.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Then who has the good looking team if so many owners already dislike their team?

I like how my team drafted other than mad max giving up 11 earned runs today.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

..just figured I'd get the trash talking for the season started :D 

I'm pretty happy with my team. There were a few players I wanted that I missed out on by 1-2 picks (Cain), but other than that I think I have a pretty rounded team.

7. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    I have a techinical question for Ron. I made numerous waiver moves(5) which don't take effect until Monday. That I was expecting.

But what has also happened is that the players I dropped are gone from my lineup for this weekend, even while I can't use the new players. I'm basically going into April 1st with no catcher and short 2 pitchers.

I has expected that I'd at least be allowed to keep those I had until Monday's changes take effect.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    You sure you can't edit your lineup? I just checked my team and I can edit the lineup up until tomorrow.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I can't edit my lineup either.

I assumed this was a daily league, so that's my fault if I needed to have my roster set for the first week and a half by last Monday. What a way to start the season.

Macon, I take back my post from earlier.

10. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    I am going to guess that you dropped those players before selecting someone to add? There is no delay on drops, only adds. If you attempt to add a player to a full roster, it will then give you the option to drop someone to make space. If you do it then, the player won't drop until the waiver period expires and the new player is added.

Of course, new players get added to the bench, so you still will need to go and slot them as needed.

Oh I see the league is indeed acting strange. There is currently someone on my team AND in the free agent list simultaneously. This was my second attempt to get rid of this guy, but both times he ends up on my team because I got jumped on the Waiver.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I just added and dropped some players and edited my lineup for opening day with no problems.

12. Robimus

News Credits:
    No, I added the players first and decided who to drop when prompted second.

Odd, I still can't. I can edit my team(and have) for April 4th but March 31st-April 3rd have everything locked in, leaving me with empty spots for Catcher and two pitcher positions. I can't move players into those slots.

Its not the end of the world but I just thought I should let you know. I'm good for the 4th, having moved everyone to where I want them - its just this first weekend thats acting goofy.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Are you clicking the "Edit Lineup" link or the date of the week? I clicked on the day of the week and it worked fine.

14. Robimus

News Credits:
    OK, I went now to March 30th and it did allow to make the changes I wanted for opening day. So if anyone is having trouble perhaps its giving us until March 30th to make the changes or something.

None the less I'm good now. March 30th appears to be the day on whoch to make changes.

None the less if I go to the 31st to the 3rd its still not allowing for changes - but with the changes pushed through on the 30th it corrects the others.

Also I have been clicking on the individual days of the week.

15. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Oh crap. I need to sign up for MLB.tv!

16. Robimus

News Credits:
    I had MLB TV last year but found I couldn't use it enough to make it worthwhile.

I'm just ordering the radio broadcasts again this year.

I am pleased I'll be able to catch Twins vs Jays on TV this weekend. I've got a nice 50 inch HD TV reserved to watch opening day. :) 

17. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    I can't set my lineups either. Oh you can't set lineup day to day in this league? I wish I knew about that before I joined. :( 

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Should we be allowed to set our lineups daily or no? I can still adjust my roster today, but it's not editable tomorrow, and then going forward. If this is a weekly league, and I should've had my lineups set everyday for the first matchup by a certain time (last Mon 3/28?), then it's my fault that my week 1 lineup isn't complete, but if we should be allowed to edit daily,.. something is up.

Here's a screen shot of me logged in, looking at my lineup for this Fri. There are no options to edit my lineup.

[​IMG]

19. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I didn't realize it was weekly as well, but I'll deal... how does that work if someone goes on DL, are you just hosed that week? Or does it allow you to edit that?

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    We've been doing weekly edits on Mondays for many seasons now. Mainly because not everyone has the time to check their rosters every day with work/family/whatnot.

Ideally for the DL issue I wish Yahoo! would offer some kind of system where if you do get a player who goes on the DL midweek that you should be allowed to edit that one position. But unfortunately Yahoo! doesn't. So yes, it sucks but it happens to everybody.

And c'mon guys. I posted the rules and settings on the first post for a reason. The daily roster changes should've been no surprise. I even asked politely to make sure everyone goes over them before committing to the league.

FYI for the newcomers, if we want to switch over to a daily roster change, that'll have to wait until next season after a vote. Same holds for any other rules/settings.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011