TFW2005 Exclusive - Hasbro Answers the Fans - 10/2008

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    TFW2005: Will we see a US release of Alternators or Alternity in 2009?

Hasbro: Likely not. There are so many other things happening in 2009 with Animated, the 25th Anniversary, and TF:ROTF that there really isn't room to do so. But we keep them on our radar.

TFW2005: Will there ever be GI Joe styled 3.75 inch figures for human characters (any generation)?

Hasbro: There are currently no plans for a 3.75" scale human figure in any Transformers line, but we do have an awesome concept for Fall 2009 in support of the movie that I think you will find very cool! Stay tuned

TFW2005: Will Animated and Universe toys be sold alongside the new movie toys next year or will they be put on hold to make room for the first few waves of the movie toys on stores shelves?

Hasbro: Universe will be put on hold when the movie toys come out (although we will likely have a few new toys out in Universe as retailer exclusives). But Animated will continue with certain key assortments alongside of the new Movie toys. But we don't think of Universe being done, just on hiatus.

TFW2005: Will we ever see Voyager/Ultra/Leader class molds of more popular/leader-based characters in the Universe/Classics 2.0 line?

Hasbro: Since we did Optimus and Megatron in Voyager when we launched Classics, we didn't want to go back and do new versions at a slightly larger scale so soon after. So we have been focusing on bringing out characters in the higher priced assortments that have great alt modes and have pretty good fan recognition. After we get through the movie product we will likely re-evaluate Universe to see which characters we want to focus on. There are still so many great characters that haven't been done at all in Classics/Universe that we have been wanting to get those out first.

TFW2005: Will there be an Omega Supreme toy for Animated?

Hasbro: Not in the near future. In order to do Omega Supreme justice, it would need to be Leader or Supreme Class. And we typically only launch those as new molds in the fall. With the Movie coming out this summer, the higher priced toys will be in the Movie line. But we do love the way he turned out and would love to see him in the line.

Thanks to all the folks that submitted questions, Hasbro and HPR. The next Q & A with Hasbro reps will take place in December, so stay tuned!

2. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Alternators? :(  Hopefully more Alternity figures come out.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

All sounding good and making sense, even though I really want an Omega Supreme :( 

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Ditto. A bit disappointed about Universe being put on hold for ROTF but we all knew that would happen anyway.

5. mecha

mecha Banned

wow universe on hold...that was a easy guess...

the rest are basically filler questions....whatever.

6. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Screw ROTF

I want more Classicsverse

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing ground-breaking there. Sad to hear Universe will be on hold during the movie, but it was always to be expected anyay. Hopefully the ROTF toyline won't be milked as much as TF1's was!

8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I would love for an "Ultimate Barricade" toy. That would rock. Especially if it randomly screams insults and demands of it's owner. THAT would be the ultimate movie transformer, right there.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, that kinda sucks (Universe going on hiatus). It could have been worse though, but pretty much everything they said about the line up until now seemed to hint towards the line continuing on throughout the year. At least it's not going to be canceled, just put on hiatus for a while. I'm not sure how Animated will continue on while the Movie line is out though. That is unless we get a ton of more repaints, or we do indeed get toys for at least the majority of the new characters from Season 3. As for possibly larger versions of Prime and Megs down the road, I'm happy with the Voyager class figures I currently have, though if it meant a new mold homages for RID Prime and Megs, I'd be up for those. Little human action figures to go along with the bots would be interesting, but not something I could see myself actually buying. An Animated Omega Supreme toy would be nice, but I'd rather have him be a Voyager figure. Maybe they can do what they did for Bulkhead. Make a Voyager and a Leader (maybe a Supreme in this case). That way those who want a large gimmick filled toy will be happy, along with those like myself who would rather have a smaller less gimmicky toy will also be happy.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    kool stuff, though i was REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hopinh for Omega Supreme... =[

11. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

No Omega yet, that's a little disapointing. Seems like every character that shows up in Animated deserves a toy (humans included). Don't really get the comment about releasing Leader/Supreme class figures in the fall.... when so many leader figures have been released in the summer. Maybe that's been true in the past, but not in the last few years. I can understand putting it on the back burner because of the movie though. There's only so much that can be done with resourses..... but if Hasbro is worried that a big Animated figure coming out alongside big movie figures would be to much on our wallets..... they shouldn't be concerned. We are rabbid and will buy everything next year. Animated season 3 + TF:ROTF will have us whiped up into a collecting fuiry.

12. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Omega is the big bummer here.

13. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Oooh it'll be interesting to see what their human plans are.

14. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Awesome :(  I get to sell more movie toys next summer whilst the most popular line gets put on hiatus..............again!

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    All the answers were pretty nice and reassuring.
    Glad to see animate will continue instead of Universe (during the movie at least).
    It'll give my time to catch up with Universe since I've been kind of ignoring it.

So much awesome in 2009.(wonder what that cool idea of theirs is?)

I don't see what there is to be bummed about.
    This is better than their normal "we have no current plans" answer.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yeah, I kinda figured Universe would be put on hiatus to make room for movie figs, but I was REALLY hoping after last summer's....issues with keeping ANYTHING Transformer related on the shelves meant that this time they'd be prepared, guess not.

Still, at least it looks like a few exclusives will be coming out for Universe, which is good seeing as how without them I'll have nothing to buy until the line starts back up again who knows when.:( 

17. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least Animated will still be going strong.

They said "typically". Remember, Supreme Animated Prime came out in the summer time. I'd say maybe the earliest is sometime in 2010.

Wow. Waste a Supreme spot on a pegwarming, out of scale Prime when they could have done Omega...have they learned nothing from Cybertron Starscream or Supreme Cheetor? Use the Supreme class on extra large characters, not make normal sized characters way too big.

18. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well that news sucked other then animated not gettin kicked out for movie stuff

19. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I'm still rooting for Animated Omega at some point. Maybe in scale with the Activators.

20. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Starscream was a giant for half of Galaxy Force/Cybertron. At one point he was the same size as Primus. A good reason for him to get a Supreme class toy, in my opinion.

It's also hard for a supreme class toy to "pegwarm".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.