TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Fourth Quarter 2011 Earnings Conference Call

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hasbro mentioned few tidbits of what they have planned to do in 2012 and mentioned that there will be “New Characters” introduced for Transformers. This was said immediately after Hasbro’s CEO Bryan Goldner mentioning Transformers: Prime and therefore it is safe to assume that these new characters were regarding Transformers: Prime.

More Info on the News Post: TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Fourth Quarter 2011 Earnings Conference Call

2. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well no kidding Transformers didn't do good in the US and Canada. Japan got all the good stuff. We got shitty figures in 2011. We want more then just Bumblebees and rediculous size to size problems...voyager Megatron vs leader Bumblebee, voyager Shockwave vs leader Ironhide, deluxe Dreads vs voyager Ironhide n deluxe Sideswipe. The list goes on n on...

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Not only that, but the rest of the cast to be released in toy form. Still waiting on Deluxe Soundwave and Que, Target deluxe Wrecker 2-pack. NO reason these could not be released in 2011.

4. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what happens when they veer away from their most important task SELLING TOYS!

They should care less about ip and more about making the best toys and selling them to their customers. It's no longer about that. Instead they are worried about the cable channel and tv shows and not about manufacturing the little bits of plastic that made them great in the first place.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not really surprised that Hasbro didn't do so well here in the US last year. Stores stocking so much of the first two waves for movie related lines is not helping at all, and by the looks of it the Avengers is going to be more of the same situation. With Prime finally coming into the spotlight toy-wise this year, things should continue doing well for them Transformers wise. Hopefully stores begin to realize that there are more than the initial two waves to a toy-line.

If it was bad enough that they're going to be making a Stretch Armstrong movie, there's now going to be a Candy Land movie? Really?....and having HMP involved really doesn't help it's cause, imho. Oh well, I'm still kind of looking forward to the ouija movie. Might even get me to finally buy a board (never believed in the things, but I always thought it would be funny to have one).

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to see some growth in Western Europe. Maybe that's why they got Prime stuff before the US.

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I know! Lets turn this thread into another excuse to tell one of the world's largest toys companies that we know how to run their business better than they do.

I mean, it's been nearly........Ten minutes since the last time that happened, right?

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, you guys can't read at all. Hasbro as a whole had trouble in 2011 in US and Canada, but both Transformers and "Boy's Toys" actually grew. So yeah.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *taps thread* Hello, McFly? Transformers had an 85% GROWTH. Sorry, you can come up with your little whines about how Takara totally produces all the more super-awesome stuff that would totally make it do better over here and act like you know how to run a company better than people who have been doing it for years, but maybe you'd better get some reading comprehension first and understand that if Hasbro had problems, it wasn't Transformers' fault.

10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I love how the first three replies to this thread misunderstand "Hasbro didn't do well in the US and Canada" as "Transformers didn't do well in the US and Canada" even though right below it clearly states:

"# Boys category grew by 35% in 2011.
    # Transformers saw a 85% growth. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was mentioned for its success."

Hasbro = everything they made. And while their overall toylines did worse, Transformers was the one bright spot with 85% growth.

Can this finally put to end the frequently repeated rumor that DOTM toyline was some kind of failure?

"Transformers saw a 85% growth. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was mentioned for its success."

11. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    But Goaliebot! Surely the fact that I didn't personally enjoy the toys means that the line was a miserable failure! What are you saying?

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    While I normally agree with this kind of sentiment, it's impossible to ignore the fact that there was almost no new product on the major retailers shelves prior to DOTM, and then DOTM got restocked with the same waves over and over again.

Regardless of the brands' growth overall, it's sort of bittersweet to see the company validate your frustration with a comment like Transformers 'didn't do well in the US and Canada'.

I'm not going to tell Hasbro how to do their business, but its just common sense when you look at the distribution problems Reveal the Shield, Generations, the last wave of DOTM, and Prime First Editions have had.

This is not just fan boy complaints about a lack of a Generations Shockwave, or Hasbro should redo all the Dinobots.
    This is frustration about products that were produced, but never made available to buy.

13. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Well, that's okay, then, because THEY DIDN'T SAY THAT.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    :lol  these threads never get old.

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    People...you do know that Transformers isn't the only brand Hasbro has right? A brand can still do well but the company can not see as much growth because the other brands they sell didn't do as well, right?

16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Revenue from N. America dropped 2% so yes they certainly didn't do well by WST expectations.

17. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay smart mouths, calm down. I read, and I understood. Did I say anything on how to run a company??? No, I did not. Fools...just have to make yourself look smart on this site. I have owned Hasbro stock for 5 years now and they have yet to make money. I know it's hard for MANY transformers fans to not be arrogant and make other people look stupid. But since you guys seem to know how to run a company, I'm sure none of the above complaints about getting, Soundwave, Q, Dino, etc.. would help generate money for a toy company.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Transformers showing growth in a movie year after a non-movie year doesn't mean a whole lot.

19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I have to say to you all... I saw this coming miles back. :D  In fact I was smiling to myself while at the conference call, what sort of reactions I'll see within minutes of posting this online.

I'll clear things up. Yes, it was Hasbro as a whole which didn't do well in US and Canada. But.. yes, there's more... but, Bryan was not pleased with the DOTM sales on the last Conference Call. He said that the movie line has lost its magic. However, that was on the 3rd quarter conference call. Transformers grew as a brand overseas in 2011 thanks to Transformers: Prime. And Michael Bay's DOTM certainly helped a lot in foreign countries. Statistics says it all.

Not sure you guys missed this but Bryan did not mention a single word about another Transformers movie. But he did mention of a one one last time. What happened to that? Discuss....

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Unless this link provides false information they did say that.

I'm basing my information from the link TFW2005 provided.
    I'm not sure where you're basing your information from.

EDIT -Oh i get it. Hasbro -and not Transformers. Well imagine if the Transformers had been properly stocked in the US and Canada.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012