TFW2005 Combiner Wars Liokaiser Gallery - EE Order Page Up!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, $80 shipped is good enough for me. Order placed.

2. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Where I'm at, the clearance of CWs Liokaiser took place several months back, with a couple of the local major retailers putting these on shelves for USD $58.

Then the local collectors swept him up like a typhoon & you never see one at that pricing again.

Some of the smaller retailers & specialty toyshops still have him between USD $88 & USD $147 though.

3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    How did you do that??

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm aware of what they did to Hellbat in that Drift solo, which is just another issue that soured people's taste for this set.

Personally I think the poll was a waste since they could've made the Prime Monkey regardless of a vote to finally satisfy those BW fans. But giving it the Windblade treatment won't end too well IMO given that people like me can't stand BW and rather not be bothered with it (Enduring TLK's merch is irritating enough).

Hell, the BW's that Hasbro did try to fit into the CHUG line's in the past never did all that great in the first place.

To me it's just a lame strategy to Force BW's down people's throats while missing the opportunity to give us a quality Deathsaurus. The reason I initially said it was fixed was because the people who added him in the polls may not have known that he'd be part of an exclusive set, so Hasbro Lawyers had to remind them that there's normally 2 years before they can make another figure out of that particular character.

We already have an Ultra Magnus which leaves that damn Monkey..... I hope I'm wrong but POTP's isn't shaping up to be all that great compared to the last 3 Generation lines (T30, CW and TR) prior.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if beast wars didn't sell well we wouldnt get more, plus we've had 5 bw characters since 08, hardly "forced", 6 if you count tankor and 7 if you count sky-byte (not from beast wars but his original toy was a repaint of a beast wars toy)

6. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And it's back up to full price. I wonder if they moved a lot of sets yesterday.

7. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I caved. Best price I had found yet. I like each bot in the set enough. Great colors and heads. I still hope there's a third party willing to make him better though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Whoa, time out!

Read my comment again, I promise that I didn't edit anything in it... I'm not saying that BW doesn't sell. I'm saying that it doesn't sell as well as Hasbro would like it to, otherwise it would've had it's own line by now or fans of it would at least have seen more of it on it's 20th anniversary last year. This is why a lot of it's characters were put into TF: Prime and IDW's stories for relevance otherwise people like me wouldn't even know who Rattrap or Blackarachnia even are.

That being said, I'm sure that Monkey will sell as I've already stated but I don't have to be a fan of it. Plus a proper Leader class Deathsaurus would've sold more IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

This combiner is awesome. I like the colors to. So does my wife. It was a joke. W/e u are thinking I'm not feeding into. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

This combiner is awesome. I like the colors to. So does my wife. It was a joke. W/e u are thinking I'm not feeding into. Have a good day.

11. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    personally im hoping for both deathsaurus and star saber within the next few years, hasbro has brought back a lot of really obscure characters lately, including japanese g1 characters that never saw release over here. anything is possible with the line currently

• Like Like x 1
  13. casacrespo

casacrespo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It\'s back to regular price.....

14. casacrespo

casacrespo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Have you seen TFC Toys Hades? It's a great representation of Liokaiser! They have their flaws but at least they offered all the characters unlike Hasbro/TT.

15. Rodimus Billionaire

Rodimus Billionaire Well-Known Member

16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you realize hades and cw liokaiser are two entirely different markets right? bbts currently lists hades for $270 whereas liokaiser is roughly $100. yes hades looks nice, but honestly so does liokaiser, plus liokaiser is less than half the price of hades

• Like Like x 1
  17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    True but I think the point is that people were hoping that Takara would make a set that looked closer to the Hades version than Hasbro's half@ssed attempt while still being far less than $270.

NOTE: I'm not even a fan of Japan's G1 cartoons but after seeing a couple Youtube reviews of the G1 version, then seeing pictures of Hades version i immediately became one of those who wanted a quality version by HasTak.

18. stad

stad Well-Known Member

I'll say they didn't sell well (but they DID eventually sell), based on they were the figures that languished on the pegs, as well as the ones that were deeply discounted by online stores like BBTS. They weren't the only ones, Nightbeat and Scoop also saw deep discounts too - but the entirety of the BW subline had to be discounted.
    We're getting "more" because OpOp allegedly won the poll.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Dinobot, Cheetor and Rhinox all shelf-warmer in my area for a minute. Rattrap did sell well courtesy of IDW, even I bought Waspinator but that was because I liked the figure. Didn't even know that he had BW origins.

20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hasbros "halfassesd" attempt is still more of an attempt than takara has given us so far. besides, like i said, its still perfectly possible for either takara or a 3rd party to release a 2 bot torso for this guy. takara has yet to use the heads for the limbs and perfect effect is about to release an upgrade cab for combiner wars ultra magnus (granted it helps that its the same mold as their powermaster prime cab)

• Like Like x 3