TFW2005.COM - "Not Quite News" Segment

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I took a bunch of smaller news bits that we never frontpaged, gathered them in to one big frontpage post to be a hypocrite, and now I'm making a discussion thread so you can all talk about it (the "Dare" one is actually really interesting, and our collective fanbase didn't an amazing research job on the whole matter, so big kudos to them).

Here, again, are the links to the original threads:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ion/323470-powerglove-transformers-music.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ransformers-reference-venture-bros-s4e11.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...n/327150-does-song-dare-rip-off-dancouga.html

Discuss!

2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Awesome :)  :thumbs2: 

3. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    The Venture Bros episode is the latest one called 'Any which way but Zeus'

But I'd recommend not letting your kids watch it, some of the themes and language aren't suitable for younger Transformer fans

4. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

The Adult Swim bump right before that Venture Brothers episodes said that they used an actual Optimus Prime sound changer helmet to record the dialogue for those scenes. Pretty slick!

Considering how incessantly quoted Venture Bros. is among the 18-34 demographic, I find it pretty shocking that someone would have never heard of it!

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    That song is AWESOME. One of the best versions I've heard so far, though I'm not quite sure if it's better then the original by Lion.

6. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few interesting bits:

The TFwiki puts the Song For Dancouga release date at 1987 (not '89)

Kazuki Yao provided the voice of Starscream's ghost in the Japanese BW Dub, and Saberback in BW Neo (and now more infamously; Franky in One Piece).

7. rednec0

rednec0 Member

So it has a similar beat to it, big whoop. Just look at "Superfreak" and "U Can't Touch This". Come on back after you get some sort of lyric translation, THEN we'll talk if its theivery.

8. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

yeah exactly, i believe it is called Music Sampling or something to that effect. artist do it all the time. though there is some controversy on whether it is legal or not. most of the time they will only use a small part of a song when sampling.

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least samplers tend to credit the original work, can't say the same of this.

Also, KB cements his place as my favourite news poster.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You have to admit that after all that "raping my childhood" mess over the movies it's also insanely funny that the pedophile character would be the one to wear the Prime helmet. Ah Venture Brothers always going that extra geek mile.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    KB, I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank you for what you've been doing on the front page as of late. I think this segment really helps drive this home. I've had fun reading those threads when they were posted, but it's really cool how you went about it on the front page.

I think it's also really cool that all three threads come from Transformers General Discussion. I've been having a lot of fun in that forum (as well as others :) ) as of late; I hope others do as well :) 

That being said, it takes all of the members here to make an effort to contribute well. When you do, this sort of thing can happen :D 

12. Doctor_What

Doctor_What Legend

i don't know if anyone noticed this, but the "Dancouga" toy head looks an awful lot like starscream. Google it and you'll see.

13. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    This crap happens all the time

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Doctor_What

Doctor_What Legend

@UTF dude, thats crazy

15. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

POWERGLOVE FUCKIN ROCKED THE TRANSFORMERS THEME...:rock :rock :rock ...LONG LIVE METAL...

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hey! Way to be a dick about a fun little thread! After you unplug yourself and relieve some stress, come join in a fun civil conversation instead of being a typical little troll! :) 

17. Tom-1

Tom-1 Well-Known Member

Wow!

That Powerglove theme was OUTSTANDING! I was slightly late for class thanks to that one! And since I'm such a nerd, by 'slightly late' I mean 'on time' XD

And now that I know about this 'Powerglove' band, it's time to obsessively seek out and listen to everything they've done so far!

Tom

18. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Venture Bros is probably one of the greatest cartoons created by man and or science. If you're a super nerd and get all the pop references on that show, its pure comedy. The whole show is about failure and how good everyone on the show is good at failure. Its a comedy spoof of all the boy adventurer shows from the 60s (Johnny Quest etc) and Johnny Quest even appears on the show (as a drug addicted paranoid freak but nonetheless). Dr Venture and his two boys, Hank and Dean are into the super science world of magic, mutants, super villans, and super agents. Download a couple episodes and enjoy the laugh. I think they referenced the Transformers before on the show. I gotta watch the seasons again.

19. blobatron

blobatron Changeatron/Plumbot

I FREAKING LOVE VENTURE BROTHERS!!! Its a hilarious show. It satirizes all those old school boy adventurer/scientist vs evil orginization tv shows, like johny quest and whatnot. Definitely should check out the show.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Venture Brothers covers about anything an older geek would know. TV shows, movies, music, you just never know what they will make a joke from next. I've watched the exchange last week about the stripper several times because it doesn't stop being funny.