TFW2005.COM Interviews Derrick Wyatt (art/character) from Transformers Animated!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Excellent... if I didn't have trouble waiting for Animated S3 already then I definently have trouble waiting now... this is going to be awesome...

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Gaaaah... slag. Then another long waiting period for season 4 :( 

BTW your sig should be: "Assess the situation. Choose my moves. Execute with graceful precision."

Damn freakin right sir. While Bay did some good and he deserves some credit, but his approach and attitude towards the source material is not all right.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, with the whole talk about more guest actors and more effects, I wonder if Season 3 is getting a bigger budget than Season 1 and 2.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Hopefully better animation,too.

5. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    QFT, certainly. My biggest complaint about Animated from an aesthetic point of view is that the animation is often pretty choppy, and is of an appreciably lower quality than most contemporary cartoons in the genre; that's always been a real shame, given the quality of the design work. Imagine Season Three of Animated moving with the fluidity and dynamism of say, The Spectacular Spider-Man...we can but hope, I suppose.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, we can already tell the animators are nothing but lazy, with lots of natural movements such as when the cybertronian alt modes were driving around the asteroid "jumping" like a real car in a rocky road, so imagine what these excellent workers would do with more frames!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Very cool interview. I really like Dereck Wyatt. He's a very down-to-earth guy and has some great ideas and a great attitude towards TFs and the TF fandom.

8. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    That whole interview is awesome. Derrick Wyatt's the man..

Now only one thing left :: It'll starts MARCH?! Oh gawd, I can't wait that long.. @___@

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great interview, great guy, great ideas.

I wish I could overcome the overwhelming dislike I have for TFA, because it seems like Derrick is the right guy to be working on Transformers.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Great interview. I had a feeling he was a fellow Michigander.

I was one of those naysayers about Animated from early on thanks to everything that had preceded the show: Comments that they wouldn't transform but spin into minitornadoes to change, some of the early character art, and how it would be closely tied to the movie were all big turn offs for me, but I kept an open mind about it when it came to airing, and was pleasantly surprised. Now it's my second favorite series after Beast Wars. The quality of this series is hard to deny.

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Derrick seems like an awesome guy, and that one answer has me psyched.

12. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading that part about Shockwave wanting to let no one blow his cover, Im quite worried for our little Cliffjumper.

13. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    am i the only one that thinks the chosen one is sari. i mean she has been refered to as the allsparks chosen protector. wouldnt it just be awsome to see he face down megs and totally pwn him.

14. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Well Hot Rod/Rodimus was the chosen one in G1(and maybe in Animated), and Strika's bio says her rank IS "General of Destruction". Probably homaging the Japanese title "Emperor of Destruction".

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well, if Megatron is Emperor of Destruction, it only follows that he'd have Generals of Destruction.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I thought Megatron's title was Lord of Destruction and Galvatron was Emperor of Destruction.

Anyway, I hope this answer will be answered eventually to this question by some one in the too business.

How come cartoons are so controversial despite who the cast and crew of the cartoon is? (Like the designs of Animated and Spectacular Spiderman or the premise like Wolverine and The X-Men and the new Iron Man toon)

Maybe, because we've been spoiled by the Timmverse where character designs look perfect and the premise was what the audience wants.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    How are Spectacular's designs controversial?

They kept quite a few the same (Spidey, Sandman, Rhino) while reinventing others to be cooler (Vulture) and updating other designs (Goblin, Shocker)

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well, a bunch of people said Spidey is too skinny or too young-looking and people complain about the eyes as well.

Anyway, that's discussion for another forum.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt is the best Transformers designer ever. I mean look at how stylized his designs and yet they are still transformable as toys. That takes a lot skill right there and i applaud him for it. There is sooo much personality in his characters. If Mighty Orbots ever comes back Derrick should work on it.

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    FAN-TAS-TIC interview. Kudos to the Grasshopper of Death and to Mr. Wyatt for all his answers.

This is the best interview I've read in a good long while.

I figured he'd be younger. It seems us fans who were in the double digits age-wise back in 1984 are more willing to accept status quo's shaking such as TFTM and Beast Wars. :p 

-airfox