tfw2005.com addictions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Aug 26, 2012.

1. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Ive seen tfw subscribers make over 9,000 threads in less than a year.that me question myself on how addictive I was to tfw.i just want you guys to question yourselfs the same thing and then say how addictive you are to tfw2005.com

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not addictive but I've been going through some health and life problems, very serious ones and I don't have a lot of friends out there and people here have been very supportive and helpful.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nope, I'm only here to talk with buddies and update my TF comic. There has been times I've left this site before because I got busy with other stuff.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    seeing as i have no one to talk about Transformers with, all i do when i'm not in class is check TFW and when i'm at home, all i play is WFC/FOC. it sucks being the only TF fan at school and at home

5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

I can't say I'm not, it's fun being a TF fan and all but I do find myself being on here a bit too much sometimes.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I have more posts on here than people who joined in like 07, so...

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I've been here four months. Do the math.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm on here all the time, and way too addicted but, if my life was better and my wife wasn't a drunk hooked on pills and stuck at the bar all the time or running around doing "favors" for friends, I wouldn't be on here as much. I'd be paying attention to her but, our marriage is over and I just sit around the house with the kids when I'm not working so I'm on here whenever I sneak out for a smoke. (the computer is outside in the garage and there is no smoking in the house)

On the bright side, my collection has gone up by 100 figures since I joined this site, and I now have a spread sheet to track them all and my wants.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm not addicted, but I sure do love the place.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When you come on in the morning and see the same name as the last poster on every thread, you realize just who the addicts are.
    Also, it seems as though many of these posters go for quantity over quality, like having tons of posts and talking all the time will win them some award.
    Meh, whatever.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I come to look for news of releases, and occasionally chime in on threads in Toy discussion and TF General Discussion. Don't really tread the rest of the board, so I wouldn't say addicted.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm here every day, but I have several other boards I regularly post at so I can't say TFW is a specific addiction.

I joined near the beginning of 2005 and I've only made about twenty-five threads in that time. Mostly it's not worth my bother because they either get ignored or turn to crap by the end of the first page. My own threads are generally an unpleasant experience. How some people can make thread after pointless thread day after day boggles my brain sometimes. They get the vaguest of thought in their head and a thread is created about it before they've probably even asked themselves if it actually needs a (whole new) thread made or not. I don't know if I would call that an addiction though - more just lacking a filter in their brain that tells them when or not a question or subject is actually important only to them and doesn't need sharing with the wider masses. To the repeat pointless threadmakers every thread they make is an important and thought-provoking masterpiece they need to share with the world. Even if they're told repeatedly otherwise.

I'm really only here for shits and giggles and a bit of TF chat. Sometimes it more shit than giggles, but there's always TF chat. I don't buy as many figures these days so I take less and less interest in the toy release threads here. To be honest, if it wasn't for the fun side of stuff I'd have probably left here long ago if I was just here for toys.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You can't be addicted unless you don't have a life off of TFW or the internet.

14. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I come here every day, but I don't post that often. Often, it's like, "hey, almost forgot to go on tfw2005."

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Since 2006 (but in July 2009 I stopped posting until March 2010) because I had to figure out my love for the franchise after ROTF.

I haven't left since then, if i can't post in a night that's because i'm busy or powers out.

16. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

i know you feel theres a bunch of morons in my school that only know about bb,op,meg,and shockwave and thats just because theyve seen the movies ,if you tell them of cheetor theyll saw who tje hell is that

17. dardmc

dardmc Arms Micron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i always check around when im online.. tf hobby collecting is really becoming a cyberverse addiction..

18. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    My homepage is set to TFW2005 and my e-mail. My usually peruse consists of checking the front page news, then usually Radicons, then checking the boards, usually only looking at TF General Discussion, TF Toy Discussion, Fan Art, and a quick glance at General Discussion. Oh, and I'll open up the Show Yourself thread if there are new posts.

This happens everyday, sometimes several times. It's my default goto internet place. Too much time spent here I suppose -- I'm afraid I'm gonna miss something I guess.

19. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I tend to come here everyday if I get the chance, and check most of the forums. However, I tend only to post if I have something to add to the forum.

20. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    High post counts in a VERY short space of time usually point to an unfavourable signal:noise ratio.