TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

I also hated the stupid damn Military Involvement in TF 1-3 and TF5.

They suck up to much Screen time, no one wants to see that stupid Idiots and talking bullsh*t

That is why i love TF4 a little bit (But only a little bit :D ) more than TLK.

NO STUDID MILITARY, just Prime and Cade on screen most of the time.
    The Robots also had more Personality in TF4, because they had more screen Time.

As i said, TF4 + TF5 are the best ones for me, because i like Cade more than Sam,
    and the Final Battle with Lockdown was a little bit better than Final Battle in TF5.

But i do not like the Human Screen time in the Movies, stupid Soldiers everywhere;
    the Screen Time these Stupid Soldiers need, could be used to show more of Optimus, Cade and Megatron / other Bots.

• Like Like x 3
  2. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I second your opinion. In fact I did not liked from the beginning the idea of having back the characters from the previous movies because I knew it would have end like this: so much screentime wasted on them while it could have been used to focused on the Cybertronians. If Epps was available we would have probably got even less.

If the human characters are likeable and interesting to see (like Cade, Izzy, Joshua and Attinger) I don't complain but I can't stand Lennox and the US military nor Simmons. The first are just there to handle the american flag and the second is just an annoying moron who can't tell anything without yelling and fills his lines with bad words.

3. forsaken21

forsaken21 Active Member

I didn't understand anything from transformers last knight. How can Quintessa be a god and creato ? Unicron and Quintessa is live its ok but What happened to primus I do not understand Michael Bay bullshit movie :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Quintessa is probably a Quintesson and like in G1, they were the ones who built the rest of the Transformers and made them their slaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Something occurred to me. Cade is probably more discerning who he lets in his crew after Lucas. True Lucas was treated unfairly by Cade but his get rich quick mentally ultimately got him killed. Attinger was worse.

His new partner in crime has some principles at least. Willing to sacrifice himself for the cause.

Also Cade warned that kid he'd punch him when he said there is a reward on his head. As to not get greedy. Not to mention his dad was dumb not thinking that they need the Autobots as humans can't handle the Decepticons when they are at their A game.

Daytrader? He is an Autobot Swindle. Cade can only trust him so far.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Why didn't Megatron kill the stupid little girl, but did kill Anthony Hopkins? Besides main character cheat codes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buzzetta

Buzzetta Well-Known Member

I don't believe that I ever spoken about these movies - I check the boards every day but rarely post unless I feel I have something to contribute. This is going to be it unless someone chooses to constructively engage my words.

A 100% Faithful Reproduction or Retelling of G1 is Never Going to Happen Again - Time to Move On.
    I have said this on the GI Joe boards for people that actively say they want a live action on screen version of the old Sunbow cartoons. That is ridiculous and it would not work. The same is true for Transformers. The 1980's were nice but it is time to move on. Many people romanticize the plots and storylines and dialogue. They romanticize it and ignore certain elements when they rewatch it because it brings them back to a day and age that brought them happiness. Okay I get it. You are nostalgic.

Marvel movies are successful because they do not have to be faithful to the storylines they are based. I just saw Spider-man homecoming and it was probably the best live action incarnation of Spider-man ever made. There was no specific storyline that it lifted from the comics. It actually showed influence from several storylines and sequences but it revamped everything to fit in. Origins and backstories were changed and costumes and designs were updated.

GI Joe is the same way. I really don't want to see a goofy version of GI Joe onscreen. I don't need to see Shipwreck run around with a talking parrot on his shoulder unless he is the one element of comic relief that we are SUPPOSED to laugh at. Transformers is the same way.

I disagree with several elements of the Bay series. However, I understand and appreciate many of the designs. They tend to make sense more than the Hasbro toys. They look like Alien Robots that are living beings. The Hasbro cartoon toys do not. Now, some of the plot points I completely disagree with. I saw Transformers the Last Knight and the movie was a little hard to follow. This was the second time I ever saw a movie and looked it up on Wikipedia as I watched it to try to understand what was going on. The last time I did that was Batman v Superman.

Paramount will keep making these movies the same way no matter your criticism so long as they continue to make money. However, the dwindling sales demonstrate that people might be getting a bit tired of Alien Robots beating the hell out of each other. People marveled the same way at Jurassic Park which because reliant on Special Effects and then the public walked away leaving a huge gap until the studio believed that people wanted to see giant Dinosaurs running around again.

Marvel seems to be on a roll though due to tight storytelling and not because it is faithful to original designs.

For Transformers to be successful they need to tighten up the storylines. With the Last Knight I think I see the foundation for what they want to do with their shared universe as Earth now is the threat and why beings are drawn to it (Unicron)... However... the way they got there was kinda blah...

A little jumbled but some quick thoughts... I have to get back to some stuff now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Because killing a child on-screen in a movie about a toyline directed at children is kinda a no-no?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Then maybe a scene that dumb shouldn't exist.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Or maybe your wish to see a child be killed shouldn't exist? Stupid scene or no, I don't wish to see a child come to harm.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

I never said I wished to see a child killed. I was questioning the logic or lack thereof.

12. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry.

But my previous statement explains your question:

13. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

They could have had Megatron fire at her and Jägermeister could have saved her. It's better than an evil robot who hates humans having a Tony Montana moral code.

• Like Like x 1
  14. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I am more biased that Megatron needed to blackmail the humans to free his comrades. The real Megatron does not ask, he takes what he wants. He would have just blast his way through the prison and kill everyone who oppose him.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Haha. That's fair.

I've watched the movie a few times since I initially saw it (the cheap theater), and I do think the movie would've benefited from a little more exposition. Megatron's reemergence did bother me a bit more because he really does come out on nowhere. Although, I also (this morning) watched AOE, and Galvatron seems to have all of Megatron's memories as well. I'm... conflicted; I don't know how to handle this movie. I really am vacillating between loving it for it's silliness and hating it because of some of the things it needed to be really knock it out of the park.

I think I'm also willing to forgive its shortcomings as a flick because the visuals keep improving. Megatron negotiating with Lennox was just damn cool. The introduction of the cons was fun. I feel like the good did offset the bad this time around.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure many folks will think I posted in the wrong thread, *gasp*.... but I finally got to see TLK and was entertained, felt like there was a story and had a few laughs.
    Certainly enjoyed the CGI and imagery on screen.... even nice to see the throwbacks to the previous movies.

I liked it and just wish I had the chance to see it a couple more times, especially in IMAX...but I'll try to grab at least a 3D viewing if I can.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

If I talk about the bad, I may spiral downwards out of control over this mess. The editing on cocaine did\'nt bother me as much as the massive plotholes & missed opportunities.

So here\'s what I liked-

Megatron meanmugging Lennox after their meeting. 
    His battle mask is way cool, finally something to cover that ugly face.

The dragon attacking at the beginning was cool.
     Instead of the typical flame attack it used it\'s size alone to wreck those soldiers.

Cade asking that kid if he wants to get punched in the face.
      haha classic Wahlberg.

Bumblebee doing the chicken towards Lennox & crew. I genuinely laughed.

The closeup on Barricade\'s face near beginning.
     So much cooler than the older Barricade. The blue & red eyes were a nice touch.

Prime taking the staff from Cade.
     He\'s so badass all he had to do was ask.
     Then just walked away after doing some warning shots to convince Lennox\'s guys to stop fu*#ing with him.

Did I just see Cogman kick a fish???
    That really happen?? 

Quintessa. She\'s cool and would fit in the G1 lore nicely.
    Maybe even help the fembots be taken more seriously.
      She\'s also a babe.

Infernicus combining.
     I know it was a cheap with clone bots, but still happy to see some combining action.
       Almost curious if Infernicus is a small version of what Unicron was going to look like.
      Bay loves to downsize old designs like the mini Ark & lockdown ship.

Also liked Bee\'s new voice scene was funny.
     I lol\'ed

Cogman was decent, I think he lost his mind.

Hopkins giving the finger. Haha was so bad it was great. 

Hotrod\'s gun.

The photo of Sam Witwicky. Funny cameo kind of.

Trying real hard here, going blank now. *twitch*

• Like Like x 1
  18. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I'm going to say this again:

I simply pointed out what I observed. If you disagree, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. You are acting as if I attacked you personally and automatically resort to name calling and the typical "racist bigot homophobe" lingo.
    You know nothing about me. Discussions are fine, but there's no need to attempt to stuff me into some labeled box.

----

With that said, I gave the movie a 2nd shot.... still rubbish. I hope that the next one either VERY cleverly ties all of the previous ones together, OR puts them aside and focuses on TLK's new plot lines. The only way to follow things now would be a blank wall, a bunch of photos, string, and a lot of hypotheticals. People would think I'm some type of conspiracy theorist when in reality, I'm just trying to figure out the Transformers franchise. lol

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    How sad is it when this statement is a compliment of the movie?

• Like Like x 1
  20. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

Pretty sure that guy was trying to troll you.