TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Popo

Popo Active Member

I'm in the hated AOE but liked TLK club. I think it's the best since the first actually (faint praise? Lol). It was solidly entertaining, my only nitpick is they should have let the deceptions do more. We barely saw them.

I actually *liked* that Optimus was in it less, he's been the focus too much in preceding movies to the detriment of others.

As for this, I believe it was on its way for awhile, though they didn't explain how it became mobile. They meant 3 days from when it passed out from the other side of the sun, as it was using that as cover while it was coming.

The rest of your stuff is spot on lol. I also thought prime said 'I am Optimus prime' way too much. It was pretty goofy.

I also agree that Spielberg or Cameron would be awesome to take this series on. I don't want a reboot however.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Popo

Popo Active Member

Six hours....:eek: 
    Imagine... The.... BAYHEM!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :jawdropper: 

3. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny on Cybertron kissing Earth, they didn't applied a bit of theoretical science on it.
    Like two planetary bodies that interacts could hamper or affect the normal conditions of the other planet.
    Weather, Rise of Tides, etc... There wasn't even an Burning Atmospheric Entry of Cybertron to earth at least.
    Cybertron just entered Earth's atmosphere like having an all-access free pass ticket.

The G1 Cartoon, at least applied it. In the episode of THE ULTIMATE DOOM.
    Surface Trembling, Crazy Weather and Rising of Tides.

4. Gallade

Gallade I just want my Japanese characters

From what someone told me, Lorenzo di Bonaventura also needs to get the fuck out.
    Also, why the fuck did Ehren Krueger have to write RoTF and DoTM? Where did Robert Orci and Alex Kirkman go during RoTF period?
    Also, let's not forget that the reason some characters get killed off is because of...
    TOYS!!!

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could say the same about RotF. In fact, what you said about "sullying my beloved TF franchise" -Go back 10 years, that was what most people, myself included, said about the 2007 movie in particular. ;) 

6. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great movie!!!!

7. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    saw it. The military/Cementry Wind wannabes made 0 sense. It shouldn't have taken 5 movies to realize the Autobots were good considering that the US worked with the Autobots and in DOTM the Decepticons destroyed Chicago, not the Autobots.

More plot holes not surprised

New stuff that won't be mentioned in the next movie, possibly

8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Junkion, obviously. :D 

9. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

My personal opinion:
    Just to recap: When I first saw Age of Extinction, I didn't like it the first time and had to let time go pass and give it another chance to like it. This one? I enjoyed it in a degree I never had since Dark of the Moon. But is it better? No, Dark of the Moon is still my no. 1.

The Last Knight had some really great action and jaw-dropping moments. The opening scene itself you can make a whole movie out of it. Anthony Hopkins was a blast in this movie and I enjoyed it as much as Patrick Stewart in Logan. Loved the new Decepticons who sadly didn't get much to do... and that's where I get to my biggest issue with the movie. The Autobots with the exception of Bumblebee didn't do much. I enjoyed the Autobots interactions in Age of Extinction but in this movie it was mostly a Bumblebee show leaving the others behind. Even the ones advertised for the toys didn't get to do anything of significance... yet the best of all: Cogman doesn't have his yet? Let me guess, because he didn't transform to anything to market? Didn't stop them with Transformers who didn't have onscreen alt-mods before. As for Optimus... I heard people complaining how he isn't much in the movie, but I liked it him being out of the picture allowing other characters to be fleshed out more when they're not Bumblebee. As for Nemesis Prime and his ending? Let's just say it was dumber than BvS.

The humans as usual were the centerpiece of the movie. The children and Izabella were a pile of cringe inducing material. They just didn't fit right. Lennox's return is welcomed but I didn't feel he did enough as much as Cade. Still, Anthony Hopkins is my favorite from this movie.

Plotwise, I wasn't bored as much as my first watch of Age of Extinction. I was hooked on from start to end on the edge of my seat with each chase scene and the climax. Oh my God, the climax was a whole new level. Forget the battle of Chicago, this climax was incredible to sit through and I going "OMG what'll happen next how are they going to get out of this" and all that because it was that good to me anyway. Personal favorite moments is when they showcased previous landmarks from the previous movies making it like a grand finale for the franchise... until the credit scene came up and yup, a sixth one is coming.

7.5/10

• Like Like x 4
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Read the script deuter Veteran

I just saw it a second time. While I definitely don't enjoy it as much as AOE or DOTM, I did enjoy it a bit more the second time around. Yeah, I still wish it made more continuity sense and that certain characters appeared more in it, but I noticed more things in it I liked this time around and had more fun. I will say the mcguffins made a bit more sense during this viewing even if I wish there was some explanation as to where Steelbane came from. Did he come from the ship underwater? Was he an escaped prisoner of Quintessa? Also, I love the museum scene with Viviane. I thought Izabella was great when she does appear on screen. There are plenty of things to like, and also a number of things that should have been treated better.

• Like Like x 3
  11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Greatest.

Movie.

Ever.

Deal with it.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Upon second viewing some scenes of Viviene's life could ave been cut out as the jokes later aren't worth it. Polo and her relative's first appearance. Autobot Scrapper seems unnecessary to me. Bulldog and that Hurricane Autobot were enough as as Castle Folgen was serving as a Autobot retirement home.

Did a head count of the Knights as they were coming for a beat down on Optimus. Eight Knights.
    Steelbane is dead at Chicago from bleeding to death, Skullitron didn't look good to begin with rusting and decaying probably falling on his death. Two Knights were killed by Nemesis Prime. Steelbane was the runt of the bunch being BB size.

13. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

Was looking for a tfs 5 discussion thread but this is as close as I could find so apologies if I'm in wrong place .

I loved the movie simply because I love tfs . That said , I'm a bit confused.

1 Read a few post. Was Hot Rod in this? No memory at all of any cameo whatsoever

2 What was the deal with the baby dinobots?

3 been a while but didn't AOE end with the Chinese girl and the tech company CEO escaping in a classic " find out what happens next sequel " scene ? TLK had zero mention

14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    Hot Rod was the Lamborghini who had a prominent (for a Transformer) role in the entire movie..

15. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had to laugh at the SW comparison. Y' know what movie again failed to explain everything? Force Awakens. Who are the First order, why is there a new giant Death Planet and a new Empire, and why does that not bother anyone in the New Republic, who just let these guys buy up Empire technology on yard sales? Why did Luke leave suddenly? Who is Palpatine V2.0 and where did he come from? Why does the Republic not have a bloody army and why is there still a Resistance when the Empire was defeated 20 years ago? How come Rey thinks Han Solo and Luke are "ancient legends" when all this was 20 years ago and the defeat of the Empire was kind of a big thing that everyone had to have noticed? Who are Rey' parents and why they left her there on Tatooine V2.0?
    And you get the same answers when you ask, that it is explained in comics/books/games. Which, I agree with you, is not sufficient. But it is not sufficient or acceptable in TF5 then it is not acceptable in SW too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My devil's advocate response to this is we know the majority of those questions will be thoroughly explained as Star Wars completes the trilogy. Star Wars has earned that right of passage to leave questions unanswered for one film. Transformers has proven continuity is not consistent from film to film. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we never see the Staff again, for example.

I get your point though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't know how anyone could miss Hot Rod... he's quite featured.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron moved next to Earth while Quintessa was draining Unicron's essence to re-power it.
    NASA proooooobably noticed and recorded what Cybertron looks like, beehive structure and all that, when it appeared from a space-bridge a few years ago. ;)  That's kind of a hard to forget thing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, if extraterrestrial beings fought their wars in your backyard on a monthly basis and leave everything in ruins that you have to clean up, plus maybe accidentally shoot your dog or cat or grandmother in the fracas... you would tend to forget the "WHYs" and concentrate more on how all this practically ruined your life. People are like this even today. They don't see the bigger picture, they only care about their immediate needs and stuff that happens directly to them.
    You also don't have to go far to see the same in basically every comic book movie ever, like Avengers 2, Man of Steel, Captain America 3.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing to add - in the first three movies everyone complained that Bay took big name (in G1 at least) Decepticons and killed them off like they were nobodies (see Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, Laserbeak, the Constructicons, etc). Given what we know of these movies, it is a good 90% chance that a Decepticon character dies by the end, usually via face-ripping by a certain red and blue Autobot leader. ;)  So yeah, I liked that what we got here were brand new characters made just for the movie. Onslaught was the only name not re-used, but apart from being a truck he had nothing to do with the G1/CW character either. I felt the same way in Age of Extinction - Lockdown is a character whom only those who watched Animated would know, so adding him as the main villain and him dying at the end did not feel like a complete waste of a character, like how I felt when after 3 movies, Starscream got ignominiously blown up in a really, really humiliating way.