TFW Staff Pick their top Transformers of 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    FANSPROJECT EXPLORER & MUNITIONER to complete BRUTICUS!!!!!
    FINALLY...
    Runner up: PROTECTOR, RTS JAZZ & RTS TRACKS

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I agree with the choice of ROTF Lockdown.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My picks:

HFTD Leader Starscream
    HA Jazz
    HA Barricade

5. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Animated Rodimus. Easily one of the most fun representation of our hero that has "the touch'.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fosterlager didn't contribute this year...?

My pics!

HFTD Breacher
    HFTD Terradive
    RTS Jazz
    FP Explorer and Munitioner
    Generations Drift/Blurr

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Top: Reveal the Shield Jazz
    Runners up: RTS Tracks, Generations Drift

RTS Jazz - This is hands-down THE best figure released in the Classics, Universe, Henkei, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. ;)  The transformation is very G1-esque and the speakers.....we've wanted that since we were kids! The articulation is excellent and as mentioned, I think the only bad marks for this would be the lack of a few paint apps (grill, rear lights, rear window, rims). Overall, one of the best and the Jazz that most of us would have killed for as a kid (and don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the G1 Jazz toy!).

RTS Tracks - Another great figure! They are really bending over backwards to bring us some of the things we've been asking for and wanting for quite a while now. The transformation is slick, the paint apps are surprisingly good (considering the lack of apps on Jazz) and the articulation is great. He's a bit short/squatty (which is why I modded the waist to extend), but overall, a great modern take on the character.

Generations Drift - Not much to really say about this one. I may be in the minority, but I loved the character from the moment he hit the comic pages (actually even before when we were seeing the early art for him). I'm die-hard G1, but it was awesome as hell to actually see them bring in a new character and introduce him to the G1 family the way they did. It opens up new possibilities and I was all for it. Enough rambling, the figure is pretty much dead-on to the design and comic. The paint apps are excellent (though there are a few places that could have used a few extra). The articulation is some of the best we've seen, even though the shoulders seem a bit impeded in some poses. He comes armed to the teeth and transforms into a cool car, what more could you want?

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Nice selection.

My Top 10:
    1. HFTD Leader Starscream
    2. HFTD Sea Spray
    3. HFTD Highbrow
    4. ROTF Lockdown
    5. ROTF Mindwipe
    6. HFTD Terradive
    7. Generations Thunderwing
    8. RTS Tracks
    9. Masterpiece Grimlock
    10. Botcon 2010 Sky-Byte

9. Rollcage

Rollcage Dance Commander

Human Alliance Jazz and Battle Blades Bumblebee. The WFC Megatron is the best Megatron ever released IMO. He looks likes Megs and doesn't turn into a stupid gun. Three modes (robot, tank, hover mode) make his the only Megatron worth having. HA Jazz was was far better than any of the Alternators line and his level of detail is astounding. I love the flip-down visor and I still can't believe how huge he is once transformed. BB Bumblebee is everything a deluxe should be: a couple of really neat gimmicks, he looks like the bot from the movie, and is extremely posable, I love it. Animated Rodimus is a runner-up for me along with ROTF Lockdown. Two really great figures that have a lot of personality and look great in both modes.

10. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Generations Drift. Oshite mairu!

Although, I agree that ROTF Lockdown is pretty cool. I really need to dig him out of storage, so I can match him up alongside the Autobot formerly known as Deadlock...

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

There's a lot of great toys to pick from, but the absolute best out of GENERATIONS was WFC Megatron, and out of HFTD, Leader Starscream. No complaints about either toy.

That said, I nominate WFC Megatron to be in the running for the best Megatron toy of all time (so far), and Starscream to be the best Movie toy (so far).

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I've hardly bought any TF's this year, but MP Grimlock and RTS Jazz stand out. Jazz is nearly a perfect figure for my tastes, except that I wish the spoiler were more like the G1 counterpart.

13. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    RTS Jazz isn't allowed to be nominated since his torso doesn't lockdown, and everyone here has repeatedly brought that up. Such complaining about a toy voids its potential for top 2010 toy.

Besides, Tracks is better between the two.

Leader Starscream is top for all of the ROTF/HFTD line, and Animated Rodimus gets top spot for Animated. Sad that more wasn't released stateside.

14. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Picks (plural) of the year......Hmmmm. Not in order.

1. MP Grimlock
    2. Voyager Battle Blades Prime
    3. Animated Rodimus (Especially the Crystal Rodimus in the 2010 set)
    4. Fansproject Protector (I just got mine so that's 2010 right)
    5. 2010 Predaking cause I finally got one.

Movie, masterpiece, animated, G1 and 3rd Party. It's a diverse picks from me.

2010, is definitely a good year for TF fans. A lot of good Transformers toys were released and hopefully this momentum will carry to next year with the MP Rodimus Convoy and more.... Happy New Year.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    um...All?

16. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

By your standard, Tracks shouldn't be nominated because the damned back kibble won't stay in place.

17. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this shit is always so hard to decide and gives me a headache lol as i love them all equally buy I guess if i really needed to mention some...

rotf leader starscream, both hasbro and takara

animated, most of them lol, especially unreleased american blackout and voyager thundercracker i was able to get!!!

reissue predaking

hftd terradive and hailstorm

rotf voy mindwipe

human alliance barricade

rotf constructicons

takara unircon

fans projects munitioner and explorer

knight morpher annihilator

generations/classics soundwave, darkmount, skullgrin, thunderwing

alternity skywarp

black animated prime and rotf leader black prime exclusives

botcon 2010 g2 breakdown

and anything rotf skids and mudflap!!!

18. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say MP Grimlock, HFTD leader Starscream, HA Jazz. Honorable mention goes to WFC Prime and Megatron, and little scout Breacher is just awesome.

19. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    1) WfC Megatron
    2) RTS Jazz

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This was a great year, and it's tough to pick, but here's my top 5 (in no particular order):

1). RotF Lockdown
    -Animated Lockdown is my all-time favorite Decepticon. The fact that they made a BAMF Movie-style Lockdown toy is freaking awesome. It fixes all the flaws that the Animated toy has and is just an excellent toy overall.
    2). HftD Leader Starscream
    - This toy is just incredible. I'm a big fan of the movie designs, and Starscream's is a particular favorite of mine. After the very disappointing Movie 1 Voyager and the slightly disappointing RotF Voyager, this Masterpiece-quality Leader toy is excellent. The engineering, detail, and just overall near-perfection of the toy in every way makes this an easy pick for a Top 5 list.
    3). Reveal the Shield Jazz
    - I've been waiting for a Classics-style Jazz for years, and at long last we've gotten one. This toy is everything I could want in a modern update of my second-favorite Autobot character.
    4). Alternity Thundercracker
    - I'm a fan of the Alternity line, and this final release of the line is my favorite. The concept of making the Seekers into cars (the Orochi is a very cool car) yet make them retain the "classic" Seeker look in robot mode is amazing. Thundercracker's excellent shade of blue is what makes him the best of the three Alternity Seekers, in my opinion, plus the fact that he doesn't have the ridiculous bug eyes that Starscream has.
    5). 2010 Reissue Predaking
    - I've wanted a Predaking for years and years, and I finally managed to get one this time around. I really love the gold paint/plastic as opposed to the original bright yellow. Predaking is easily my favorite combiner, and will be in a "trophy spot" for a long time.

Runners-up include: Battle Ops Bumblebee, 2010 Botcon Clench, Animated Rodimus, Generations Skullgrin, Generations Thunderwing, Battle Blades Optimus Prime, War for Cybertron Soundwave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.