TFW Revoltech Optimus Prime Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Optimus Prime (Movie) - Revoltech Autobots - TFW2005.COM

Tonight we've got something different for you - a gallery of the Kaiyado Sci-Fi Revoltech Movie Optimus Prime. This is a high-poseability non-transforming piece, from the same line as Kaiyado's other movie-themed pieces. It's relatively affordable and has killer levels of detailing - all in all, a good piece for any collection of Movieverse toys.

Click on the link below to check out the gallery, submitted by 2005 Boards member Russian fan!

Optimus Prime (Movie) - Revoltech Autobots - TFW2005.COM

[​IMG]
    Revoltech Movie Optimus Prime Sword

[​IMG]
    Revoltech Movie Optimus Prime Guns

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Must Get!

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It's pretty awesome. I have mine standing in the most static, boring position possible, and he still looks stunning. You can basically put him in any position (within reason) that he achieves in the movies. Skidding across the road to fight Bonecrusher? Of course. Flailing through the air after being shot in the forest? Piece of cake. Bowing with reverence before Sentinel, offering the Matrix? You bet. It's an amazing quality figure and I just love the design of Bayformers Optimus. :D 

4. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is phenomenal. Here’s hoping they make a lot more movie characters. I would love ones of Ironhide and Ratchet. This puts Hasbro’s horrible Robot Replicas to shame.

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Yeah I've had mine for about a month so I've set him up in lots of poses with lots of weapon combos. Great figure. My only real complain would be how wobbly his mid torso is.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice gallery and awesome figure! I just picked up this guy in Japan recently myself and at the risk of slightly hijacking this thread, I will add that Revoltech Optimus Prime is perfectly in scale with the DOTM Deluxe Seekers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To improve this figure's stability (he is admittedly a little floppy and difficult to stand up without him falling over at times), just replace the two medium-sized Revoltech joints in his ankles with two large-sized Revoltech joints from his extra gun pieces (he comes with a lot; more than you actually need) and his legs are much more solid as a result. And be careful with the truck mirror pieces on his chest; they're extremely fragile and can be prone to breaking if you hold the figure wrong when posing. And on a final note, I really wish he came with two swords instead of just one; I suppose they did this in order to make folks buy two of this guy and you know what, it worked because I have a second Revoltech OP in my PoL at BBTS. XD

I really hope they make more Bayverse figures in the Revoltech Sci-Fi line but if they did, they'd most likely make a (out of scale and too big) Bumblebee given his popularity as a character. Personally, I'd want a Megatron or even a Sentinel to face off against Optimus, since the Deluxe Seekers already work so well with him.

7. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like revoltech more if some figures came with differnt heads such as ironman, movie bay prime, dont.

i may pick this one up

8. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Agreed that an extra unmasked head for Optimus would have been nice.

9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Your pics just gave me a use for my stupid little Deluxe DOTM Starcream. Looks like I will be repainting that creamer after all. Thanks!

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's a very nice looking toy. But the comparison shot at the end between this and Buster just reinforces the idea that if I ever get a chance to buy either one, it will still be Buster. The Revoltech is slightly more screen accurate in proportions and overall design because it doesn't have to be able to transform. But... it doesn't transform. And Buster's pin striping looks amazing. If they could have done that on the Revoltech along with including a non-faceplate head, it would be more tempting for me. The other thing is that the price-to-size ratio kind of makes it a hard sell for me, because of how tiny the figure is. Eh, maybe if the dollar were stronger.

Kind of funny to see how well he fits with the DotM Deluxe Seekers when you consider how much cheaper they are.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I thought that the Robot Replicas were amazing (in terms of screen-accuracy)...until I saw this guy. :bay 

I would literally kill to get my hands on a Revoltech Sentinel Prime. You heard me. Literally. :drunk 

Or a DMK Sentinel Prime. I don't care how much it'd cost. I'd get a DMK Sentinel Prime in a heartbeat.

12. Timesynch

News Credits:
    True, the price is a bit of sticker shock. I picked up Revoltech OP for 3150 Yen in Japan, which is around $40 USD, not too bad considering the weak dollar. Part of the expense comes from the accessories and superb paint app detailing (not quite Buster Prime detailed but still very nice). As cool as the Deluxe Seekers are, they're a bit lacking in the paint department (customizers to the rescue).

Thanks, glad my pics provided some inspiration. =) The DOTM Deluxe Seeker mold is tiny but it really is my favorite of the Deluxe molds given how poseable and scarily accurate it is to the Leader/MP mold of Starscream (I always hated the Voyager molds). I own seven of the Deluxes, 3 of which are custom painted versions of Starscream (dark silver -- pictured, matte gray, and F-22A raptor camo); the other 4 being two Thundercrackers and two Skywarps. I love it that much. XD I also plan to get the Fakebusker Shapeways add-on weapons/boosters too.

I think the dark silver SS makes a great companion piece to Revoltech Optimus. Thundercracker and Skywarp are there just for the Seeker tag team lulz, heh.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    no transformation = no problem for me. Contemplating getting it. so badly. :D 

@SouthtownKid: the whole concept for Revoltech is just that. No gimmicks excpet the super-poseability and uber detail/ parts and weapons. Ergo, it doesn't have to transform. :p 

14. itamar050

itamar050 Member

I bought mine a few months ago, IMO it's the best Prime to ever come out on the DOTM line (not counting the new moon striker prime), even though it's not a hasbro release.

It looks really good, extremely high detailing level and poseablity, great amount of accessories and even though it doesn't transform, he's easily one of my favorite primes :) 

15. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Ugh, Robot Replicas. I bought my one and only RR which was Barricade. Goofy proportions (the head is too big and the limbs are downright cartoony and marshmellowy on the body) and oddly jointed articulation (his elbows especially ticked me off since they only swung inward toward this chest and were extremely limited with the whole dumbbell arms syndrome). The pseudo-Revoltech joints were a good start but felt a bit half-assed in their execution. The sculpts seemed particularly crude and inaccurate. Hasbro should have licensed more of their characters or even the entire RR line to Kaiyodo for their Revoltech lineup instead. The only saving grace of RR Barricade was his spiked wheel mace weapon thing which I repurposed for DOTM Deluxe Barricade. I had wanted RR Starscream but after RR Barry I just dropped that idea and stuck to the Deluxes/Leader/MP molds instead.

I am curious to see Revoltech OP next to DMK OP. I have both but haven't opened or put together my DMK yet since I'm moving soon and don't want to deal with the hassle of carefully packing an already assembled (and very fragile) model kit figure.

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Want. An. Ironhide. Now.

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes please!

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know. My point was that if it's not going to transform, it has to more than make up for it in appearance, which I don't think it does. What I was saying is that it looks more accurate, but not enough more accurate to make up for being non-transformable. At least for me.

If I was going to get a non-transformable Prime, the Dual Model Kit looks a hundred times better. Even MORE screen accurate, and has the pin striping, alternate non-faceplace head, etc., that the Revoltech lacks.

All that said, if I could pick up one for $40 (and no shipping) like Timesynch did, I might. :D 

I want a DMK DotM Megatron with hood/cape thing. I want that more than just about any movie toy they could ever possibly make. I love that character design, which is bizarre considering how much I hated the look of Megatron in the first two movies.

19. Timesynch

News Credits:
    As nice as the DMK Prime is, from most reviews he's pretty fragile and likes to fall apart if you touch or pose him. Revoltechs err more on the toy side, with better pick up and play-ability, just something to mess around and fiddle with on your desk without it taking up too much space like a Leader (DMK is roughly this size) or Masterpiece figure does. It's the main reason I like Cyberverse Legends/Legion and Commander figures so much; they're tiny but they're fun little toys (emphasis on toys rather than model kits).

Agreed on Megatron. Hated his first two movie designs but loved his DOTM design and would love to see a Leader and/or Revoltech/DMK figure of him. Mad Max truck that turns into hobo with a shotgun. What's not to love? XD

20. Vamast

Vamast Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Transformers that dont transform