TFW Reviews BTS Toys Sonicron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Sonicron looks better than I expected. I've always liked that design, so I'll probably end up getting him and using him on my classics shelf.

2. megamonkeytron

megamonkeytron Active Member

News Credits:
    Those tabs on his left arm, are they sized to work with PE Laser & Buzzer in the same way as shown with Classics/United Megatron? Would be sweet if they did.

I understand the concern with the stress wear on the connector tabs but I don't get everyone's hate on the legs… in the comparison shot with DL Blaster it looks like Blaster's legs have almost the same proportions.

3. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

My impression on this guy will stay the same. It's ugly, from his butt, to the legs, to the big chest = *thumbs down without a spilt second of hesitation*

4. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Overall, I'd have to give BTS Toys an A for effort in trying to create a transforming figure based on Guido's design but execution wise, Sonicron only gets a C - he just doesn't cut the mustard. I think I'll stick with my MP3 Player Soundwave as my Classics fill-in.

5. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I think he looks nice & is probably as close to the art as possible... But I'm not (yet) big into collecting 3rd Party TFs. So far, I only have Munitioner & Explorer. Once I have money, let alone disposable income, I'll probably grab everything FP I can... & whichever between Giant & Hercules is around &/ or cheaper...

I need my TFs to be play quality. If I can't play w/ it w/o worrying it may break, that's a deal breaker, as they'd appear in my comic (& I like transforming my TransFormers).

Here, since they won't show you & you obviously have never seen him... A couple of panels form my comic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cybertron Soundwave (above) will remain my ONLY Soundwave, it looks... Maybe I'll get lucky when I have money again & find an Encore Soundwave rerererelease?

6. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Its cool an all but somethin about this one seems a little goofy/cheap. I cant put my finger on it

7. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure Soundwave fans will flock to it, but I just don't see the appeal. It's ML Soundwave for me.

8. mikurugis

mikurugis Member

When I saw the box art for the teaser, I was like: Damn,this figure is going to be great!

Until I saw this review I'm torn.

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I like it.

Mine's on its way. Can't wait to play with it.

What convinced me - other than this being based on Guido's design - was the first comparisson pics with WFC, G1 and ML Soundwave. I think he looks cool with his namesakes.

Further, the comparisson pics with DL Blaster are icing on the cake.

What?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BTS10002&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10695&mode=retail

They're close to the same price, with ML being a bit more expensive. But since it's sold out at most retailers, I guess its going price must be higher.

Also, the ML is smaller, but can play music. This one's almost the size of G1 Soundwave, and has more accesories.

P.S: I'd like to think that the ass shelf is where Soundwave keeps his beer cans for easy access.

-airfox

10. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

One of the biggest positive of this figure to me is the overall size. Music Label is nice and all i appearance, but is way too small to my taste to go with my Classics. I don't like the idea of Soundwave being a deluxe while Megatron and some others are in bigger class. And choosing between a MP3 player option (that apparently you can't use right out of the box, you need to buy mini-sd card and possibly a readers for it or something), or a G1 cassette storage, I'd choose the later as I doubt I'll ever use the former (especially if it require more expense to make it work).

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Weird, I think he's more detailed than any official Hasbro Soundwave could potentially be...

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Not all of us. I wanted to like it since I'm always hoping to expand my SW collection, but unfortunately it's going on the "nice try, but no cigar" list with Titanium Diaperwave.

Still sticking with Music Label SW for the Classics-verse. For now.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If Haskaromy really wanted to they could make a CHUG Soundwave that could blow this away. Until then, this is a decent substitute

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was a bit happy when I thought it would look more like this:

[​IMG]

Sometimes a drawing doesn't equate to a good physical piece.

15. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can someone confirm (pref. with pictures) whether Sonicron does or does not work with the Universe Ravage that came with Hound?

16. megamonkeytron

megamonkeytron Active Member

News Credits:
    I still think comparing it to a drawing that was concept art for another drawing (as opposed to concept art for a figure where physical dimensions have to be a bit more accurate) is a bit unfair… At least they tried to give us a better Soundwave.

I fully agree with a previous post in the disbelief that no one (including HasTak) has simply taken the G1 version and retooled ALL the joints. I know if I had access to fabrication I'd do it in a heartbeat. (I've even got a spare reissue for that sole purpose!)

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Yeah. Specially when the drawing itself shows the imposibility of the thick lower legs on the robot while seeing the transformation concept.

I think Sonicron is a great representation of the drawing.

-airfox

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think Soncron did a stand up job considering the alt mode and the art that inspired it.

I can't wait to have this guy with the Classics decepticons and surrounded by PE's neo cassettes.

19. diaclone og

diaclone og diaclone

swing and a miss

Attached Files:

20. diaclone og

diaclone og diaclone

hell yeah brotha not flockn to this sonicrap i just dosent look right to me titanium is more accurate but way shittyer in comparison if u had both of them together in aroom u would have two piles of shit smelling up the place and just about 30 bucks is now the difference between gold(device label soundwave)and garbage(sonicron,cybertron11,titanium) ex.laser-beak love that toy

Attached Files: