TFW Previews Fall of Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CardboardRobot

CardboardRobot Bounty Hunter Hunter

Essentially Starscream clones, Insecticons, maybe Blackout

"There is little doubt in my mind that this is going to blow a lot of people away" i say in disgust of wording

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm not aware of any plans for special editions, though it is still a ways out yet so it might not be announced yet. I get the feeling we'll hear more nearer to release about that sort of thing.

Release is in "Fall 2012", I've not heard a specific date. I'd imagine October is the most likely time.

No, I didn't catch any sign of Perceptor.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    From what you recall, Sol, for multiplayer, are the color restrictions still in place? The dull colors being the 'Cons, and the lively colors for 'Bots?

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I just think that it winds up being a case of not knowing when to say "when" in Hasbro's case.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where the hell did they get the idea that CLIFFJUMPER is stealthy? The only time Cliffjumper is stealth is when he is killing every witness that sees him with a blast to the face.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

The thing is, with a DOTM esque head, this could have been a cool Mirage/Dino homage. Oh wait, I forgot. We should ONLY homage G1. :rolleyes: 

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they probably assumed Mini-bot = stealthy. Cause they're small. But yeah Stealth is very out of character for G1 Cliffy. He'd be terrible at it. More important though, since this is an Aligned continuity game, it is also fairly out of character for Prime Cliffjumper given what we know of him.

ZacWilliam, it's just off for the whole Cliffjumper Character "archetype." The weird thing is Mirage is a pretty memorable classic character and would work PERFECT here. I wonder if someone could ask them about that. Maybe at Botcon?

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There were certainly different pallettes for each faction, and the one we were shown was a bright green for Autobots and a matte blue for the Decepticons. There might well be restrictions for the sake of telling the teams apart, but I can't confidently say that is the case. It was only the briefest of looks at the palettes.

9. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

They said in an early preview of the game that they were going to use the head that was on the toy but then saw Prime Cliffjumper's head and thought it looked cool so they're using that instead.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

.......I meant a DOTM Mirage head WFCified.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep on hating. Glad they didn't use that ugly DOTM head.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ugly? It wouldn't be a direct copy and paste thing. It'd be his head WFCified.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Does anyone else find this stupid? In every 3PS I've played that features online play teams don't always have team colors. How hard is it to look at the usernames above the heads of the players on the field? These names are done up in team colors--it's pretty damn hard to not know who's on your team--your cross hairs in WFC turns RED when you have the enemy right down your sights!

HMS, please open the color pallet up. WFC's MP setup had enough helping aids (even without faction colors) to recognize friends and foes. Gamers aren't stupid, so please don't treat us as such. Thank you;) 

14. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info Sol! Looking forward to this game.

15. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not stupid, it changes the dynamic of the game drastically. Being able to identify enemies at a distance, before placing your cross-hairs on them, speeds up gameplay.

16. Varia31

Varia31 New Member

Actually, myself and several others had asked about host migration on Transformers Game's Facebook page. They responded and confirmed host migration.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome! Now Matt needs to start talking about it, so we can shut up:p 

EDIT:

I don't recall the enemy ever being too small to identify in WFC MP. I remember the folks on my team. Anyone who didn't look like them got shot at:/

18. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for this game! :D  Anything about creating female character in multiplayer? Would be a bummer for me if I couldn't create one of my own TF characters.

btw, am I the only one who saw Longarm Prime -statue in the Cliffjumper picture?

19. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a matter of size, it's a matter of color pallet. I pretty much only use color to identify my enemy in that game. And I've played a few, having reached Prime mode, resetting and getting back to level 25 again. Gears of War is the same way. Games that don't use colors to differentiate teams will inevitably be slower paced, since it takes longer to identify what your looking at. It's simply a game design decision. The TF2 blog talks about how they took that concept further with greatly exaggerated character models so you know not only that it's an enemy (thanks to the drastic color difference), but also what class they are at a glance.

20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't figure out why they don't just use team colours and let players have the entire colour pallet to choose from for free-for-all. There's no confusion about who to shoot when your entire team is the same colour as you. It would have also got rid of the faction limitation on body-types that screwed over the "Disguise" ability.