TFW Netflix Friends

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Voiceroy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I've had some really great movie recommendations through my little personal community of Netflix friends.

So if any of you TFW peeps are subscribers too, my ID there is "Voiceroy" (go fig!):

Won't You Be My Netflix Friend?

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    This is a great idea. I'm trying to log in, but Netflix is timing out. I'm on a 2-out per month plan right now, but that will change once the fall Xbox 360 update rolls out.

edit: It worked. I'm billyliberty and added you. I need to get in and update my queue!

3. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Netflix has changed my life! It's hard to get out to the movies when you have little kids, and with Blockbuster being so expensive, Netflix is just perfect.

Hey, Voiceroy, I added you, but my account is actually under my wife's name...I won't put it here, out of respect of her privacy, but our last name is Peoples...that should help.

4. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Added you.
    My nickname is Freyabeads.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    How is netflix?

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i really like netflix...takes 2 days to get to them and 2 days to get to me...plus they have a big selection.

haven't rented at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video in years...

7. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I added you, Voiceroy. First time I ever added a friend. Nickname is "EB 581344". Ignore the actual name on the account. I am a guy it's just my mom's account. Btw, Netflix rocks!

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Freyabeads, I don't think you're showing up. Guess I'll have to PM you an invite.

That's cool, and I see you on there. Thanks for the add.

While I'm at it, I'll just add for anyone else who wants to protect their privacy and not post their membername publicly can just send a PM for an invite.

I despise Blockbuster, and I used to work for Hollywood Video and naturally I like them even less.

And when you hate the main two movie renters, it severely limits your options... not a fun place to be when you're a movie addict.

My wife and I have been Netflix members since we got married three years ago. We subscribe to the 3-movie plan and it's perfect for us. We never have to waste time at a rental place trying to find something that both of us haven't seen or trying to remember what we actually have seen. We can keep the movies as long as we want. And it's cheaper per disc than renting from a place like Blockbuster or Hollywood Video. We easily go through 3 movies a week so we definitely get our money's worth.

I also love that I can rent single specific discs from box sets. That alone has saved me so much money that I used to waste doing impulse buys on nostalgic favorites that over time have turned out to be not-so-favorite.

It's also enabled me to cut down on my collection. I used to have over 500 DVDs--I spent 4 years touring with music groups and that's all we spent our free time doing: watching DVDs and playing video games.

When my wife and I joined Netflix, I looked through my collection and saw how many movies I knew I would never watch again and could easily get rid of. And if I do have an urge to see an older favorite, it's as simple as adding the disc to my queue and bumping it to the top. I don't have to own every single movie I love anymore.

9. Freyabeads

News Credits:
    I like them! Recently they had a glitch that delayed shipping by a day or 2 and they credited me a couple days fee for the delay and sent an apology. For a short delay like that, great service!

We also got the Roku device to watch instantly on TV Via the net. Very easy set-up and their instant movie list is expanding. The Roku is $99 and we took express shipping or it is a long wait but we think it is so worth the price. We use it a lot.

10. Freyabeads

News Credits:
    I'll look at it again tonite. I changed my nickname from the default they gave me after I added you.

11. mineraljane

News Credits:
    This was a good idea. Anyone else want to swap? I'm still billyliberty on Netflix.

(I hope this isn't considered a "zombie thread" as it is still applicable and not really worth a new thread.)

12. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Bumping this once again. Netflix has recently added some really good films/programs to their instant play.