TFW Interviews Andy Schmidt, Transformers Ongoing Series Editor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ It's only because in this case, the interview HAS to remain subjective and not objective. I'm sure that they know people weren't happy with it. But like anything else that the fandom has complained about, it can either be accepted as canon or not.

I personally think the interview was extremely well written, and while the questions were pretty much stand pat, cookie cutter interfacing, I love that there are a lot of responses where AS tells how much the IDW team is trying to create something that everyone will like. You can't please all the people all of the time.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Remember, Continuum was only released 5 days ago. It's quite likely this interview was conducted before then-- or at the very least the questions were written and submitted before then.

3. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad he's a Bluestreak fan - I am for the same reason. I also think he has a fantastic story to tell - as the lone survivor of his city, I'd love to see the war from his point of view.

I'm also pleased to see that the artists will be cycled. Don's name on a TF comic could usually guarantee a few sales, sadly at the moment having his name off it would actually improve its chances with me.

Sorry Don :( 

4. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Hey, I'll still stand by Don's art, just not the Robot-face-parts of this particular batch.

The thing I still want to hear from IDW:
    "Why yes, in hindsight, we totally should have finished Revelations before we rebooted everything. Four times."

5. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

IDW interview

Good interview, and it's nice to see IDW being a lot more involved with us than DreamWave was for the most part.

And I hate jumping on the 'Continium' bandwagon, but I just read it and even tho I haven't read everything since the Metroplex spotlight even I'm seeing glaring errors from stuff all the way back from Esclation and on.

I really was looking forward to Continium filling in a lot of gaps for me so I could enjoy the new ongoing, but I have to admit that if they release a book that's supposed to be a definitive guide to their continunity with THIS many errors and glossed-over facts then I'm calling my local store this week and drop the ongoing from my future pull list.

You just expect a tighter continunity recap from the guys who MADE the continunity in the first place, ya know?

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I would really like to be looking forward to the ongoing, but I'm not.
    I know Mike Costa is new, and I appreciate his candor but I hold no faith in his words.

This is the company that firmly established that Cybertron was uninhabitable (even to giant robots) and then began a new series with the Autobots living on Cybertron.
    This is the company began the concept of Ore-13, or super-energon, and then never ever talked about it again. Ever.
    This is the company that showed the war between the Autobots and Decepticons as one of subterfuge, espionage, and resource control and then just switched gears to have it always be about "The Matrix".
    This the company that routinely had two teams of very talented artists work on the same book so that, unfortunately, no matter how good the page you were looking at was, it looked markedly different from the page before it and ruined the flow of the story.
    This is the company that until recently had a speech box attributed to the wrong character every issue.

I'll check it out when the first collected TPB comes around.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was a great read and he seems like a nice guy who's in to the brand. I'm looking forward to checking out #1 tomorrow