TFW Generations Springer Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Aug 6, 2012.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Need to commision a head and sword cast so I can make my namesake from a tomohawk

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not a coincidence, but no special explanation is required. Hasbro, Takara, and every third party are trying to attract very similar markets.

3. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Its like... the person from Hasbro designing this just got to the legs and said "Ahhh fuck it! That'll do!"

It's sad when you get this lack of effort for a such a cool character/figure.

4. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I will continue looking for a Warbot for my S3 Autobots/Wreckers. I didn't like this mold as Tomahawk and I sure as hell don't like the half-assed attempt at Springer

5. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

The feet are held together with screws. So for those who don't like the feet--those feet can be easily changed out for something custom made.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me Warbot is way too chunky to be really enjoyed (from what i've seen) and the price is far too high.

This is a cheaper alternative and while not 100% accurate to G1, as far as my CHUG shelf goes, these are all modern updates of G1 characters, with varying levels of similarity to G1 figures.

I have the Universe Springer repaint of Evac, but am likely to swap to Generations Springer, as the sizing is better suited and I like the look of him a lot more here.

Repaint or not, i'm just glad to see a bit of love for my favourite green Autobot.

7. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree, furthermore i think the headsculpt s actually very nice on this new fig.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Wait, so this Springer is a repaint of another figure? Why does Springer keep getting the cheap end of the stick? Every time they release a new figure of him, it is a repaint.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

If you do that, I'd really like the Tomahawk head.

And since it got missed, what is this leg mod everyone is talking about?

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    aside from the decent head-sculpt, the base figure used makes it pretty meh-

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Dig it. Did not care enough to get warbot. But I think this is a cool official springer toy.

Tomahawk is a cool deluxe. Though the voyager universe Springer has more height and ratchet joints.

Appreciate that we get a new sword, and tomahawks rocket pods. was beginning to feel they would cut one for the other. But since he is'nt as massive a toy as Swerve or Cliffjumper. They must have been able to budget it in.

Its been mentioned that this guy will work well with the modern Generations Size and sculpted style posed fighting Wreck Gar and Scrapheap on a Shelf.

Even if Toys R us winds up chargeing $20 or $30 for each of these. I'll still be happy to grab one. But I'll grab a few extras if the price is lower than that.

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You are forgetting the RotF Legends version, which was an all new mold for our favorite green Autobot. And plans were in the works for a new mold Voyager in the movieverse, but they were scrapped last minute because Springer was axed from the cast of RotF. (Personally I feel they should have still made him, as the 'Bot to 'Con ratio in the Voyager size class with RotF was woefully mismatched. And repaints of Optimus, Ironhide and Ratchet from the first movie line with only one new mold Autobot [Stratosphere] does not a good Voyager roster make.)

I completely did not realize he had a sword, dang, guess I was wrong about why everyone is hating on this guy. Seriously, this repaint/new head figure looks pretty damn cool and I am definitely going to snatch him up, provided Canadian TRUs stock this thing, so I can be assured of having one when the inevitable add-on kit is created.

The Tomahawk mold is a personal favorite of mine, it seems to get a lot of flak for whatever reason, but I think he looks pretty damn good. At least this repaint of Springer beats out the Evac mold repaint. I'm sorry, I love my Evac mold as Cyb Evac, but the damn thing just does not look like a decent Springer, no matter how much you praise the thing.

13. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Pass! Warbot Defender is the deffinative Springer for this TF fan, until Hasbro gives us a proper triple changer version of the character.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:

a bunch of molds had to be repainted as existing characters to be Chinese Exclusives.

Springer was one of the characters chosen.

What's the problem?

Twice before when Hasbro and Botcon needed to repaint an existing mold into someone, Springer got chosen. None of these three toys are preventing a triple changer Springer to be released.

15. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Wish they had just painted it blue and silver and called him "Whirl."

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Holy Crap Springer is awesome. Loving the headscuplt and the sword.

Screw War Bot Defender.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Would have made a LOT more sense than making it Springer.

18. banjoted

banjoted Timelord TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    And the wait for a decent Springer continues...

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Just wait until they re-use the TF-07 Brawl mold and stick a new head on it for Blitzwing and call it done.

20. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And I would still like to see that happen. The first time I saw the mold I thought "Whirl". The feet work perfectly for Whirl too.

Has anyone figured out what other piece they added to the feet in that pic above so the wheel could become a heel spur? There's an extra piece in there that I don't think is part of the Tomahawk mold.

edit: That last paragraph belongs in the feedback thread, sorry. :(