TFW Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    We've got another gallery of the newly released Transformers Fall of Cybertron toys to share with you now friends! Up next is the big bot himself, Optimus Prime. He's got a new barrel chested heroic look for Transformers Fall of Cybertron and a toy of the new look to go with it. Like Jazz who we shared a gallery of with you yesterday, Optimus is very much simplified in terms of transformation when compared to past toys, such as his War for Cybertron incarnation. This is not a bad thing at all though because the transformation is not even slightly frustrating, like some more complicated toys have been, and his poseability is nothing short of incredible. There's a lot of good movement in this toy, and thanks to the design of the feet he balances very well.

Open the link below to check out our gallery and some of the many poses this new version of Optimus Prime can strike. He's a really fun toy, certainly one both kids and fans alike can enjoy.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Gallery

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Robot Mode

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Truck Mode

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime with Corbot V War Axe

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime with Transformers Prime Optimus Prime

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Hmm he looks worse than the WFC version imo. The alt mode lks nice though.

3. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    The alt mode is the best cybetronian alt-mod for Optimus Prime I've seen.

The robot mode on the other hand is the ugliest Optimus Prime I've ever seen.

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    It's a great toy in terms of poseability and being an actual action figure. The first wave of new Generations is dominated by Shockwave, I think, but this Prime is a fun little toy that can be put in some great poses. He looks powerful. A Prime that could mess you up. Don't let the memory of the WFC version put you off at all.

As always, a brilliant gallery, Sol.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That alt mode looks fantastic! The robot mode isn't too bad. I was worried at first, given the chunkalicious nature of his design, but the robot mode figure doesn't look too chunky. In fact, he almost looks sleek in some pictures.

Also, 'DAT AXE.

6. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Pass. I'll stick with my WFC Prime. The rodot mode just does not look right and to me the alt mode looks like a kids Tonka truck.

The shot with the battle axe looks good though.

7. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Is it me, or does the lack of a lot of paints apps, and the fact that they tried to make everything hollow on the inside(his shoulder pipes, gun, thighs) make him look like a KO?

8. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I was wondering that myself and now that you pointed out the fact that he's hollow in a few spots, I might pass on this guy.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    He looks pretty posable, but damn the details on him are pretty sparse. Also not liking the huge chest on the guy.

10. HaZe

HaZe Well-Known Member

Wow is he small. Looks bad ass with the axe but.... And the gaps in his forearms just kill the robot mode. To me he's to chunky and to skinny all at the same time in a bad way. I do kinda dig the head.

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Expect the lack of paint details, smaller sizes, and hollow pieces from Hasbro due to cost cutting measures. It started with DOTM line and most likely continue with this line. I think this figure looks good but, with all the short comings I mentioned.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

The entire line is far too small. This figure shouldn't look like a downgrade from the one that came before it. We're definitely going backwards here.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This just makes me want the wfc mold more.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, yes is does. I dont mind paying extra but down grading the product this much just kills my interest even at a cheap price point I'd think twice.

So far shocky is the only one I want and even then its just to fill a gap in my classics line up

Edit: On a side note I'd actually like to see how much mass/wight this guy has compared to a dlx of oldie days

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I havn't seen a toy this lame since the Energon line

16. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I laughed at the pic with WFC Bumblebee. Bumblebee is a giant compared to prime, not the way it usually is. Midget Prime.

Damn the Ultra Magnus retool will look pathetic with my classics :(  Dwarfed by fucking Blurr and well.. everyone!

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to say it looks like he's hit the energon pies in some shots

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I guess it's just jazz and shockwave for me in this line. (Besides bruticus, and sideswipe)

19. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Well, I'm saving a lot of money on this line. Saving it for some Prime stuff and Masterpiece Sideswipe and Soundwave later this year.

20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was totally looking forward more to the Ultra Magnus retool. He totally fits that form for some reason. But not at that size. I just can't do it, unless there's a surprise coming and we get Op in voyager scale later that could also be retooled---but that's highly wishful thinking.

It's disappointing, because I've wanted so many toys from the WFC game, and FOC was giving us that ability. But I don't think I'll be buying too many with the way they're looking. And likely the ones I do get will be on some form of discount whenever they're offered. It's too bad. I love most of the WFC/FOC aesthetic, but they just aren't being executed well enough for me to be excited about it.

So far, Shockwave is the only one I'll (likely) buy on sight. Maybe Brawl, because I've wanted a figure of him since the first game. But that depends exactly HOW tiny he turns out to be.