TFW Age of Extinction User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusJet, Jun 25, 2014.

1. flix

flix Well-Known Member

jeez, what is the problem??

what can I say ...I liked the film a lot. After all the bad things I read I also need to vent now .
    I'm a transformers fan since i first laid eyes on the toys back in the eighties. watched all the previous films the day they came out. The reviews on AoE were so terrible I actually was scared of watching this film. my expectations were at an ultimate low and I was expecting a ROTF type of disaster. So I postponed seeing it, got too busy at work and finally ended up watching this thing late last night not expecting to finish it as everyone seems to be complaining how long winded it is.

I must have watched a totally different film. I was waiting for everything Ive read in the spoilers... and to be honest was starting to feel that this movie must have been recut or something. As nothing bothered me at all.

lockdown was cool as the villain but i didnt like he had a human face, as his mask was sooo much cooler!. if you have mug like that ...keep it covered.
    (I dont like the human faces in general on transformers. It doesnt seem correct.)

I think the human characters were fun again and not completely stupid and pointless, in the other two episodes they seemed to be squeezed in for no reason at all. a lot of comments say that the girl and boyfriend were not needed. But as they seemed to be saying and doing stuff that was productive, I had no problems with them at the time. And their issues did not pull away screentime from the robots what can not be said for the last two films.
    Also the lack of boob shots , slo mo camera turns around Nicola petlz and the fact that Mark Wahlberg kept giving comments she was too sexy was a breath of fresh air compared to what I was expecting from :bay 

I would've not chosen the weird transformation type for the prototypes.
    but then I didnt care as much to see them destroyed. It was fitting for cheap knock offs!

hound and Bee were just brilliant and the Dinobots had enough screen time for me. killing rachet was defenitely getting me in the mood to kill some humans so as that gave optimus instantly the get-out -of -jail-for-free card to waste humans including frasier. (best moment of the year... hahahaha)
    agree with the last post that galvatron was wasted a bit on this, the battle could have been a bit more involved but then he didnt have a clear part to play... yet. but i liked he was constructed by humans

I'm glad I do not agree with anything Ive seen from reviews. This film was way better then the last two. ROTF was just aweful / DOF was ok but the humans were plain annoying. AOE was balanced in action and entertaining. it reminded me a lot about the G1 tv series... dont know why , it just did.

I think it would have been a good follow up on the first film... forget the two other ones...
    7.5/10 for me! ... and now Im going to watch it again.

2. SideBrake

SideBrake SideBrake

My Review of TF4

The film was F**king awesome It had everything i wanted liiiike aerial battles, highway's, vehicles with rocket launchers,Funny Bumblebee Scenes, Awesome quotes and EPIC TRANSFORMATIONS ! But the only thing that I did not see Is a much cooler battle to the death with Stinger and Bumblebee......... I mean he is supposed to be Bumblebees counterpart so i believe he should of given a much better fight...... but apart from that I'm absolutely Chuffed :bay 

3. jackDarcee

jackDarcee Arcee lover

I liked it. I loved Cades speech he gave to prime when he wanted leave humans to their own devices--we all make mistakes. Gold.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Finally got the DVD and watched it again. Still love it. I did pay attention to some legitimate criticisms of the film and not the "this movie sucks", "Michael Bay ruined my childhood" and "explosions" crap. I'm no film student but I did notice a lot of the upward angled shots. I saw them before but just never noticed how many there were. Way too much of that. And did notice a certain type of explosion that did start to look silly every time it happened. You get the nice round fireballs which look awesome but then there are some that look like fireworks that shoot straight upwards. It doesn't ruin the movies for me, but I did finally pay attention to that.

Watching it again, I do like this human cast a LOT more than the previous. Cade is a badass. Only saw it once in theaters but this time around I noticed how he was able to actually hold his own against Lockdown at the end. I was like "HOLY SHIT!" Thought that was cool.

The dinobots were there WAY too short but this time around it didn't bug me.

5. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    The good.

Reduced emphasis on bee and humans

DINOBOTS!

Crosshairs

Far less potty humor

Leangth

Galvatron

The bad

Lockdown

Aimed too much at the Chinese audience.

"Transformium" really?

6. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:

Just as bad as "Cybertonium"!!

7. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    True.

Why not cybersteel?

8. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

Also, "Cemetery Wind" really? Am I the only person who think that name sounds dorky? That took me out of the film almost immediately.

9. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I though it was kinda goofy.

10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Because steel is an alloy, Cybertonium was a Cybertronian 'element'.

It's only like plutonium.

Transformium is probably a mixture or a compound created by the Creators.

11. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I was referring to its name, just, why?

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    What's wrong with it?

Some people are impossible to please.

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I really really really wanted to like this.
    I watched it with my son, and he fell asleep.

I have no idea what the hell I just watched.

The writing is horrific.
    The action is disconnected and just off.
    The characters are horrid.
    The character development, wait, what character development.

The introduction of characters in such a dumb way. Shit introductions for the Dinobots.

The whole movie was utter crap.

Sorry, I know some of you guys like this. But in the days of the Avengers and XMen, as Transformers fans we deserve more then this steaming pile of crap. And steaming pile of crap is a compliment.

Btw Bay, they are called transformers BECAUSE THEY TRANSFORM! THEY ARE NOT MORPHING CUBEFORMERS.

I never thought anything could be worse then the first three. This one makes the first three look like gone with the wind.

14. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    It was uncreative

15. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

My thoughts on AOE

It's been a while since I've actively been involved on the forums, and honestly my initial impressions of this film weren't that great. I didn't have anything nice to say about it at all. As the saying goes, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Now that I've had an opportunity to sit down and watch the film in it's entirety, I have a new found appreciation for AOE, and it's place in the franchise. Though there are elements that I like about all four of the films, I'm finding myself gravitating towards AOE as my favorite in many ways.

IMO, AOE really got across both the human as well as TF sides of the struggle. The desperation of the humans to end a war they didn't want, the Autobots on the run trying to survive a new threat: It was all very compelling and well done.

I have to say that I also appreciate the humor being toned down and the film having a more serious tone to it. The cast of the film brought a level of maturity to the franchise that IMO, was missing and badly needed in previous films.

I really hope that any future TF films will continue along this base line with the same type of writing and actors that this film brought to the fourth installment in the franchise.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm glad we think the same in regards to AOE.

17. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

DOTM is the only TF live action film for me

I don't know how you can be a fan and not have liked DOTM. It wove in at least 3 story lines directly from the G1 series that I remember: the space bridge to Cybertron, the Central City episode where the mayor forced the Autobots to leave in a shuttle that Starscream destroys and Sentinel Prime/Alpha Trion... kinda. It was what the first should have been and successively gotten better.

AOE is the worst of the 4. It is by far the worst Bay film ever. The Dinobots all of a sudden were there. How? If the creators (Quintessons) killed off earth, where the hell did the Dinobots come from? Why were the Dinobots? That's a better question; WHY? And if they mimic dinosaurs, why does Swoop (I know he's actually named Strafe) HAVE 2 HEADS? The G1 episodes and origin story were silly, but at least you know why they existed, why they rampage, why they fight for the Autobots eventually. AOE simply threw them in. I still don't understand the fight between Prime and Grimlock. Neither does my wife. Introducing Wheeljack and a side story with the Dinobots would have been freaking incredible. There were 2.5 hours to do so, for goodness sake.

How did Prime know about them? I know he originally piloted the ship, but if Lockdown subsequently captured the Dinobots from... wherever, how did Prime know who they were or that they were warriors?

Why does Wahlberg whine constantly? - rhetorical question

Baysplosions I like... except in AOE. 90% of the 'splosions were fireworks. Jeebus! FIREWORKS! Flames. FIREWORKS! Flames. Silly, even to my 39 year old G1 mind. (jeebus, 39... anyways...)

Galvatron was done pretty well, especially Frank Welker's talent. His was the only character that sustained a semblance of the G1 mythos AND kept me interested. Thanks, Bay!

I don't hate the the Bay franchise for spinning a unique universe. By all means, DO! DOTM was great. AOE was silly. Glad we only paid $1.50 to see it. I told my wife to stop asking questions at the beginning explaining that you cannot do that with Bay films. Unfortunately, despite my own best advice, I found myself completely distracted with constant questions... asked out loud, to her. Oh well.

18. Decepticons

Decepticons Okay ladies...

News Credits:
    There was definitely character development. And what's so different and "horrible" about these characters that can't be applied to any other character out of the entire franchise? I'm pretty sure there's been quite a few asshole Autobots like Crosshairs.

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm glad that you've returned! I haven't seen AOE in home yet but I always find so much deep and serious things in Films exactly during second watching!

20. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Loyal Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Last night was the first time I watched AOE. It is by far my favorite film out all the others. The plot was much deeper with more time focused on our TFs. I liked how everything worked out just like in the G1 episodes. The entire cast complemented each other and it was great to see humans fighting alongside the Transformers. Agreed on the maturity of the cast, too. Plus, we had the Dinobots!

AOE was definitely more a realistic view of what could happen if all this were real. The ending also leaves the possibility of another movie. There can never be too many TF movies in my opinion.