TFW 2005 Policy on Prototypes, Test Shots etc.

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Joelondonzero, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Joelondonzero

Joelondonzero Member

Let me ask you guys a silly question.

In the past on certain Transformers forums that I was a member of there was a prototype policy. Essentially you were strictly forbidden to post pictures of unreleased products such as prototypes, test shots, production sample and the like. Their logic was any pictures of these items that were not released by Hasbro, Takara, etc were taken by people who stole them, they were stolen property, etc.

Needless to say, announcing you were selling prototypes would incur the wrath on Unicron....on steroids.

Being a newcomer here I would like to inquire about TFW 2005's policy, if any, regarding the posting pictures of prototypes and the selling of such.

Thanks!
    JLZ

2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    TFW2005.COM does not promote nor encourage the theft of unreleased toys from factories, etc., for personal gain (ie: monetary reasons). Our policy is considered on a case-by-case scenario, but we will never punish our members for posting images of unreleased products. We simply ask that the images be in guidelines with our image rules which can be found in our general rule link.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/rules.php

I know that's not very black and white, but the entire "policy" is a giant grey area and has been for years. Just know that if you share images of unreleased product, any consequence that comes upon you will not be from TFW2005.COM (can't speak on behalf of Hasbro, Takaratomy, Activision, etc.)