TFU Game Demo to hit 360 and PSN 8/21

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Aug 20, 2008.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Second Sight.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Second Sight is neat! I played that when it was free on gametap. I kinda regret not finishing it.

I got to the play the demo finally. I'm sure if I had some friends watching me play, they'd be cheering and being overall impressed. After all, I did just lift a Tie Fighter and smashed it into a squadron of storm troopers.

Playing the game itself..... Not -that- great, but still an awsome experience. The biggest pet peeve I have going is selecting targets for force grab. If I had at least a crosshair or some other guide, I could be more accurate in selecting the specific object I want to throw. The designers where not BSing about the technology used behind this game by the way!

I personally didnt have any complaints about the AT-ST fight. I would use force lighting to stun it, then throw objects at it to do some decent damage and finish it off with that little button timing sequence (what are those called?). The end result of what happens to that AT-ST is pretty cool.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. Second Sight, yes. Great little game that you can find for like 3 bucks in some places.

To be honest, there is a part of me that wants to get this Star Wars game on PS2 or PSP more than PS3 or 360, but the physics Engine is a lot of fun to mess with on the next gen consoles. The PS2 one just feels like it relies less on the perciseness of the force power and more on GOW style madness.

Also, for you guys with PSN, try the game Last Guy. It's a quirky little game, but it's kinda fun. Also, download the behind the scenes video. The Developers are hilarious. I want to be in a development team like that.

4. Kakashisensei

Kakashisensei Well-Known Member

Damn I only got to play the game for a little bit last night but it was cooooool. The only thing i found is that you really have to balance your force power with your light saber. If not you get killed QUICK!!!

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, and totally wrong thread for this, but "One More Week" for Castle Crashers!

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Played the demo yesterday, and I loved it. Can't wait!

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Soooo mine. I don't know, just throwing a stormtrooper into a hanging Tie Fighter and getting a 10 hit combo kill makes me feel so satisfied.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehehe, next time throw one at the Tie Fighters that are flying across the bay. I threw a box at one and stopped it in its tracks.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    HA. I love moving the metal beams as soon as I see one coming. I just think of them going "OH S**T!" right before they hit.

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Guys! Guys! You can do combo your light saber attacks with with your force powers! :D 

(xbox controls) Like you can do X,X,Y,B and Starkiller with do a few slashes, then charge his saber with flighting, then smash the ground (via force push) and the baddies fly up into the air and then you can do a... AIR COMBO!

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You summed up my feelings! Looks nice, is kinda fun, but bad controls and the AT-ST sucky fight. Yeah it is a pass for me until I can get it for maybe $20 or less used. Why can't I run and block. Also with the block why won't it let me deflect them back at the people? It other games it was easy as hell to.

I like Star Wars but this is kinda sucky.

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I liked it. A lot. Though I would be lying if I said the targeting system ruled.

I also find that I used my force powers too much and end up getting shot while I pound on a force power only to look up and see no blue bar. Needs moar FORCE POWER!!!

What's with the lightsaber chopping droids cleanly in halve but it can't cut a Stormtropper down to size?? Really??

I think the apprentice is kinda dopy looking too. Other then that I may end up getting this. I see nothing else till GOW 2 anyway.

Oh and the game engines are badass.

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I still giggle when I hear Chad Vader voicing Darth Vader in this game :lol 

14. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    While amusing, I find the game to be completely unimpressive. The controls are clumsy, at best. I may pick this one up eventually, but not until the price drops to $40.

15. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Liked it, didn't love it. The demo is a bit unpolished (duh, it's a demo). But the promise of more force powers has me intrigued. If you can extend your force bar a bit, or make it so it doesn't drain as much as it currently does, then I can see it working. The targeting system is not good though...at all. If you need to be that precise to simply throw an object, then give me an onscreen reticule so I can grab things quicker.

And for Palpatine's sake, let me chop off a friggin' limb here and there.

16. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Still didn't download the demo. I really want to try this out.

17. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a note about the graphics, did anyone else notice that the ps3 demo, like many other ps3 demos is only 480p?

My tv reads out the display resolution if you press the display button on the remote and I've noticed that the resolution on most demos has been 480.

All things considered, the graphics in this are going to look pretty bad ass in 1080p

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    My PS3 kicked the demo out at 720p.

...and of course, the 360 upscaled it to 1080p.

Weird. The 480p, thing.

19. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Well, I'll probably still get it, but the demo sure didn't grab me at all. It was fun to throw stuff and people around for a bit, but that targeting system blows. It really feels like a game I'll play through once and then not touch again.

20. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just been playing the demo some more. It's actually more fun I find the more you play it. I guess it just takes some getting used to the controlls and the targeting system. Actually there's a bunch of things I discovered you can do that I missed the first time through. The force grab chokes out people if you use it long enough, so that was fun to use on the straglers. I also realised that the force gauge only depletes initially when you pick up something. It doesn't matter how long you hold the object, it doesn't change after that, which certainly makes things easier to target since you can take your time to line up the throw. Picking tie fighters off of the ceiling and tossing them was also a neat discovery I found. I found the combo system to actually be not bad as well the second play through.

This game definitely has some potential I think if anything. The preview movies for the full version also suggest some interesting stuff. It looks like there will be multiple uniforms for the apprentice, and it's possible that he might be responsible for the death of Ashoka (spelling?) from the clone wars film that just came out. It's possible that I'm wrong of course, but the trailer at the end of the demo seemed to have her jumping at him in a light saber battle, so we will have to see I guess.