TFTM07: cinema phenom?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KA, Jun 29, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    now i know that its still early in its release so i may be jumping the gun here, but is it just me or teh general public has been responding overly positive to the movie?

i was in a fan screening, so cheering and clapping was expected. but i was chking on my local boards and ppl who werent interested in TF prior are claiming their screening were filled with very excited ppl too. malaysia cinema audience are generally mild and guys are saying even with matrix/SW prequel/LOTR screenings teh audience havent responded this well with teh clapping and cheering.

whats reception like in your part of teh world?

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i snagged some press sneak preview passes to the showing last night.

i was the only one in the auditorium with any kind of transformers insignia on any of my clothes.

everyone laughed at the jokes, everyone clapped at the good parts, everyone clapped at the end. I think we got a winner!

And this was in no way a biased audience, it was actually kind of odd. We showed up an hour early and all the seats were already taken except for all the good ones which were reserved for press.

And in walking up and down looking for a seat, about 40 % of the audience were senior citizens :(  like crusty old, and the rest were press with their kids. And a large portion were people who got free passes at a car dealership (like myself)

but even with the oddball audience. Most reactive audience Ive ever been in, and i went to the midnight star wars screenings dressed as Jango Fett

3. Jarradtron21

Jarradtron21 OhOhOh it vibrates

I went to the first screening here in brisbane, aussie at 9:30am....there was a huge line up outside waiting for the doors to open....

They were running the movie in 2 cinemas...one being the largest in the city....i went to that session it was basically full.....every one laughed at the right moment and everyone gasped and what not when shit happened....there were a lot of kids and alot of teenagers and alot of adults there by themselves.

Everyone sat through the credits..... and then on walking out there was a HUGE que up for the next session and the lobby was full of ppl talking bout transformers....I think this may be the start of something big

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I came out of a 3:30 session just before 6 at my local cinema and the line waiting was HUGE. I went out into the foyer and the 3 sessions for that night were sold out. This was on Thursday, it'll be even bigger over the weekend.

5. qbanb

qbanb Member

It was AWESOME. It brought back the same feeling when I saw it back in 86. It blows Jurrasic Park out of the water IMO.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

We're boring farts here in the UK. If it isn't sport, drink or sex related nobody gets worked up about anything, and anybody who does isn't 'normal'.

7. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Alot of evening screenings in town are either sold out or selling fast over here in S'pore. One paper even called it THE Movie of 2007.

8. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Saw it in Brisbane City Myer Centre at 2:30 opening day.

Cinema was beyond packed. Not a spare seat I could see. I got in at 2:20 and had to sit in the back corner.

Groups were being split up because there werent enough seats.

Audience loved it, laughing at right times, oohs and ahhs, laughs and comments at the fanwanks even (lots of obvious nerd types).

Lots of teenagers and cool types too.

In fact the fucking place was SWARMING with my students, which was very embarassing.

9. qbanb

qbanb Member

I saw it the morning here in South Korea, the theatre was only about 1/2 full too. Pretty sure it would be full during the night time showings.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my friend came back from a late fri screening and ppl are still clapping n shit, hes like, wth is going on?!

11. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I'm from Penang, the respond from the people are just the usual laugh during joke scenes. Fairly normal to me :D 

12. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here in brazil the press has been ignoring the movie - potter and FF2 are everywhere, though. The local major toy maker had plans to import the movie line, but gave up a couple of weeks ago.

All in all, I think it's going to be like G1 20 years ago - zero feedback. The only thing people care for here is soccer, anyway.

13. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Had the same experience wih you, KA. When the movie ended, the crowd roared with the clappings and the cheering. Everyone who exited the cinema had the biggest smile I've ever seen. And almost everyone in my university who knows about my little TF collecting hobby sent me text messages praising the movie.

I'm kinda stunned by the reaction...and almost frightened.

14. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

But every other paper gave it less than glowing reviews :( 

Despite that, the turnout has been very good. Besides the Gala premiere and the fan screening, I als went to a normal screening and it was equally as packed. Aside from places with overt G1 references, the Audience cheered , clapped and laughed at the same places the people in the fan screening did, just going to show how universally appealing the movie is. The friends I watched with went in cynics and came out converts.

15. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    It was only the Straits Times and TODAY that gave it low ratings. The New Paper, i Weekly and 8 Days on the other hand ranked it 3/5 and above.

The first two only ranked it 2/5 because the reviewers are not action movie fans, and only like "deep" or "arty" stuff. Just cant see the forest for the trees, so to speak.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I agree about the reviewers preferences for arty and deep stuff but I agree with one of their reviews that the action was too shaky and blur at times.

17. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

The Audience at the LA premier had paid big to see the movie so the crowd was an expecting one. The theater clapped almost every time Optimus came on stage. When Shia said "Your just more than meets the eye" a few people screamed out in support. It was a great audience that pretty much all stayed to watch the credits.

18. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

I saw it at a sneak peak through my station with a pretty diverse crowd and they loved it and reacted perfectly where expected. The biggest applause came during the first encounter with BB and Barricade, everyone went nuts when Barricade transformed in chase

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thats me! i was like, oh shit this is a tf movie.