TFTM07 - Best Buy Exclusive, Premium Metallic Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SKowl, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Still waiting for some side by side comparison pics of Ratchet. I'm sure it's intentional on Hasbro's part, but the pic they have of the metallic version seems obviously more yellow aka more movie accurate than the regular version. But I also learned a long time ago not to trust Hasbro's website promo pics since they're *never* accurate to what we eventually see on store shelves.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im just glad he isnt mustard yellow as initially thought, phew.

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i saw both today, ratchet wasn't worth it since i had the regular one already, not enough of an improvement IMO. megs was worth it for the paint. still dislike the ice (by dislike i meant effin hate) and the transformation and kinda crappy. but the paint is just so awesome. and the ice isn't as bad as the regular one is.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Meh, I see no point in getting the voyager versions of Prime & Megatron since they're too small and they each have far superior leader versions available... or soon will (ie: the upcoming metallic repaint of leader Megs).

But yeah, from the sounds of it, this metallic Ratchet doesn't seem worth it for anyone who already has the normal version. I have a feeling Ironhide and even Jazz will be the same situation. Bumblebee '08 and Prime, however, will probably look killer in metallics.

5. Squirrel_Lips

Squirrel_Lips New Member

I bought 2 BB Ratchet's today & they're quite cool looking. I haven't got a chance to open one of them yet, but this version looks a little more movie accurate to me. I don't have the regular one yet though, so I can't say for sure. My BB didn't have any Megs left, but I wanted Ratchet more, so it's ok.

What's everyone else's view on which looks more movie accurate? And does anyone have side by side shots of both?

This is my 1st post here btw, this is a very nice site, I wish I would have came across it long time ago!

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, welcome aboard and congratulations on your latest additions to your collection!

I went to BB today to get an iPod FM modulator thing for my truck and looked for the figures. I REALLY wanted to get two of each, but they didn't have any left. I heard as soon as they were put out, people practically rushed the displays grabbing them.

Damn scalpers! ;) 

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the Ratchet mold, but something about the metallic version didn't seem as cool to me. It seems that the paint wasn't applied evenly, so you'd have the face of a part metallic but the sides not metallic, or metallic and non-metallic parts right next to each other. I know Megs has some bare plastic too, but Ratchet just seems inconsistent all over. It didn't drop my jaw like Megatron.

I DO like that he has black knee joints, making them seem more "mechanical," but he isn't as nice as Megs.

8. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=852

9. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture of regular ratchet and metallic ratchet side by side? I'm going to pick up ratchet over megs cus megs even though he looks good, the mold sucks to much to pick up another one

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Mind-blowing how online pictures of this guy always look more green than online pictures of the regular version. While, in person, he doesn't look anywhere near as green as the original version.

[​IMG]

I did what I could to color-correct this thing to make it match what I see with my eyes. He's very golden in color. There's a hint of green to him, but nothing like the solid florescent green of the original. Though you can see green in the un-painted bits of him, even that isn't as green as the original.

I never bought the original version because the colors are just too off-putting. If I ever get time to open this guy I'll get some more pics of him.

11. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

I absolutely love this figure, because it corrects the major issue I had with movie toys: namely that they didn't have a painted up car mode. Anyway, it's far from the perfect figure (or perfect color), but I somehow can't take my eyes off him!

12. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I just scored one of these of EBAY yesterday! Guess how much - $21.50! W/ shipping it comes out to $30.00 I didn't think it was too bad all things considered. I wasn't gonna get any of the movie line, but something about the word premium set me off. Here's to the rest of the premiums!

13. CyberSlippit

CyberSlippit Bot crazy!

I love mine. I originally got the regular Voyager class version, but the metallic version looks so much cooler and more movie-like. And as an added bonus, he came transformed! An excellent feature for the more lazy individual such as myself :)  Super cool!

Slippit