Heavy/Scratch: TFTM Ultra Magnus WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I thought it'd be great for Ultra Magnus to be an old Freightliner as a nice homage to the G1 Cab. Since he's not leader, he doesn't need to tower over everyone. XP Two Longarms do a nice job of building the basic shape, but the bed needs to be lengthened. Then I've gotta get another set of wheels in back. After all of that, I might swap out all of the wheels for Voyager Prime. Once he's all together, time to reshell with bits of an upscaled KO Robot Masters Prime. It's a bit too small, but I ought to be able to work out the little details with FIXIT-Sculpt.
    [ATT]2321[/ATT]

Too bad the bot mode looks like crap, though. XD As I said earlier, the bed of the truck needs to be lengthened, so that'll lengthen the bot mode arms, but oh my - that torso. X3 I'm thinking of whipping up a nice collapsing mechanism similar to Titaniums Rodimus that will allow the torso to grow a bit in the bot mode and shrink back down for the truck. If it all works out, we'll have a Voyager alt mode with a Leader bot. X3 Even if it is a far too lanky bot. >.>
    [ATT]2322[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow, what an outside-the-box concept. You'll definitely have to rework the knee area :lol  I wish you luck, I'd like to see you pull this one off. How're your other projects coming? You had that major rework of a movie carbot earlier... the long arms will make the legs look better, but yes, it'd be a good idea to lengthen the torso, at least an inch or more. I'd study Megatron (G1 or masterpiece)

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, wow... what a strange idea.

Not sure what to think, but I'm definitely curious to see how it turns out.

Heh... were you inspired to try this by the fact that Longarm is already in Magnus colours? :) 

zmog

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks promising....I agree with you about the torso and arms....the extra length will make it flow...

Keep us posted :thumb 

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually, not so much. I just needed something that I could turn into a Freightliner-like truck, and Longarm seemed to fit best, once his transformation was modified. Honestly, I originally wanted to pull off an Elita-1, but I wasn't sure how successful I'd be in turning this mold into a fembot. ^^; A good chunk of me just chose Magnus because I wanted to practice painting with white. I've got a few repaints I'd like to practice for.

I think I've got the torso figured out, I'm just waiting a few days before I start chopping way at that area. As for the other projects. . .

Alt Ultra Magnus - Need to find a new truck model. Rather than sculpt car parts, I think a reshell'd be easier.

TFTM Camshaft - Just need to pick up some gray Fusion. ^^;

TFTM Cliffjumper - Is this that major rework you mentioned? If so, even more reworking to get his transformation moreso G1. I've got some photos I've been meaning to post. Give me a few minutes. X3

Classics RiD Ultra Magnus - Need to sand down his head some and repaint. Then it's off to digibashing a nice color scheme.

*looks around TF graveyard*

TFTM Trailbreaker - one leg finished, I need to cut through the other side of the truck to get the other leg together. Alcohol totally destroyed some joints, so I've got a few things to fix up.

Classics Deluxe Galvatron - Hahah, I figured this one out way before I saw those official photos. Think BW TM Rhinox with a pen taped to his arm. XP Lots of work before I post any on him.

KO RM Prime - The Deluxe was chopped to bits to add some articulation to a G1 Ultra Magnus Cab. I've got a Voyager at the same point, I'll provide photos once I get leg extension worked out.

Classics Deluxe Optimus Prime - Used the blaster from the Deluxe KO RM Prime to give this guy a G1 weapon. Still haven't gotten a hold of the hinges I need to complete his waist. REDLINE, wanna shoot me a PM as to where I might find some of those plane hinges you used on Menasor's trailer?

Nameless wolfbot - A present for Sis. More info when it's decent looking. XP

Classics Bumblebee - Most of the rally parts have been removed, gaps are being filled and sandes. Going for a Henkei! color scheme on this one.

Classics Cliffjumper - Swapped out the gray bits for black ones on a spare Bumblebee. Reworking the head. Then he'll probably need a new paint job. Bleh.

Alt Prime - This one's a new one! =D Took a spare blaster from an extra KO Voyager RM Prime and painted it black, used a screw as a peg. Gonna repaint Alt Prime into the gradient scheme I concocted early on in the old Alt Prime thread, only this time it'll go red to black. I got the idea after thinking how horrible the mold was as Optimus Prime and yet how wonderful it was as Nemesis Prime. I figured it was a nice update to RiD Scourge, then I realized that it'd probably make a good Laser Prime. After the gradient is painted, I might consider ordering that Reprolabel set for 'im. *nod*

Oooh, almost forgot!

TFTM Leader Shockwave - I haven't touched this guy in a good while. I've got the turret ready to attach to the ladder, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

TFTM Deluxe Shockwave - Haven't even looked at this guy in forever. XP

I miss anyone? =3

EDIT: Hahah! I did. After Ironhide showed up, I got to work on a TFTM Nemesis Prime. Also, remind me to post up a how-to on bringing Ironhide's head forward. I found a crazy simple way that made me chuckle at my dad's complex concept. ^^;

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    no I think that was all of 'em. Sure will be cool to see some of them get finished :p  Particularly interested in the shockwaves and the alt magnus.

Just use google and search for "Dubro Airplane Hinges" you'll find quite a few online stores :) 

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yep! you can trim those so easily, with scissors or a blade too, as they're nylon other than the actual pin, so if you need to you can shape 'em or make them shorter, etc.