TFTM Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Layne, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

are there any movie figures or any new figures that are a limited edition that once they are gone they are gone?

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

...all of them? It's not like you're going to see more movie toys once Animated and Universe properly start. But if you're talking about a shorter span of time, definitely any store exclusives.

3. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

yeah thats what i meant like the masterpiece starscreams or the g1 repainted deco tftm jazz stuff like that

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I know I'm probably missing quite a few, but off the top of my head...

-Robovision Prime (Target)
    -G1 Starscream (Target)
    -G1 Jazz (Target)
    -The Energon/ Cybertron Scout repaints (Target)
    -Robot Heroes Final Battle giftset (Walmart)
    -The Cybertron Deluxe Repaints (Walmart)
    -The Cybertron Ultra Repaints (TRU)
    -The Cybertron Voyager repaints (TRU, just announced yesterday)

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only upcoming exclusives for the movie line that will be short lived (that I know of anyways) are:

• Target Exclusive Deep Space Starscream.
    • TRU Exclusive Winglbade.
    • TRU Exclusive Jetstorm.
    • TRU Exclusive Inferno.
    • TRU Exclusive Mudflap.

As for stuff that's already been released and is either gone or will be soon:

• Target Exclusive Allspark Deluxes. (08 BB, Jazz, Brawl & Barricade)
    • Target Exclusive Evolution of a Hero Two Pack (08 & 77 BB)
    • Target Exclusive G1 Starscream
    • Target Exclusive G1 Jazz.
    • Target Exclusive Robo-Vision Optimus Prime.
    • Target Exclusive Scouts. (Arcee, Strongarm, Hardtop, Skyblast, Signal Flare, Air Raid, Storm Surge, Elita-One, Crosshairs, Warpath, Armorhide & Clocker)
    • Wonder Fest G1 Arcee.
    • Wal-Mart Exclusive Deluxes. (Jolt, Divebomb, Grindcore & Big Daddy)
    • Best Buy Exclusive Premium Voyager Megatron.
    • Best Buy Exclusive Premium Ratchet.
    • Toshiba/Paramount Red Varida Edition Starscream.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head either because I saw those a lot, own them or want to own them. :lol 

Edit: Just thought of two others though they're not limited in any way, but they are 'overseas exclusives' so to speak as they're only available in Japan... Black Arcee & Black Incinerator.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

If you're going to throw Japanese store and event exclusives in there, or even Japanese variants, may as well include the Lawsons Bumblebee, Lawsons Blackout (sorta), any Allspark figure that actually came with an Allspark (Landmine, Stockade), or the Japanese retail and UK Argos exclusive Nightwatch Prime. You also forgot the battle-damaged Arcee and Voyager Prime.

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, forgot about the Lawsons BB & Blackout (though I'm not sure Blackout was all that different), but I'm not sure if it's worth including the Allspark Power guys whom came with an Allspark as the figures really aren't any different themselves.

What was the difference between the Japanese retail/UK Argos Nightwatch Prime compared to the US release?

I didn't mention the three-pack with battle damaged Prime, Arcee & Screamer because I couldn't remember whom it was exclusive to. Also, I know that battle damaged Arcee was released carded somewhere, but again, I can't remember or find info on where she was exclusive to. Same with a lot of the other multipacks... there was a First Encounter (77 BB & Barricade) and Blackout & Scorponok two packs as well. I think there were a couple more, but they escape me at the moment.

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Blackout's not different, but he's got pretty Japanese stickers! :lol 

Japanese Allspark Landmine is different. His base plastic is a darker color than the one we got, and supposedly his wheels are rubber. I keep bringing it up over and over and am surprised how few people remember. They were too caught up in their black Incinerators and Arcees, bah... Stockade does look to be the same, maybe the same thing with the wheels?

Argos Nightwatch Prime, as hard as I found it to believe way back before the Allspark one was released, is a different color scheme. He's got none of the Allspark Blue highlights, and I think there's differences with the clear plastic. There's other threads with all the details on that. When Japan got Nightwatch Prime, it was the same as the UK figure, not the US one.

Battle-damaged Arcee, Prime, and a totally normal Starscream (What, too good to get damaged?) were exclusive to Sam's Club. Nobody's actually clear on where the single packed versions will be released, if ever, but BBTS got supplies of them (from Asia?).

And even with all that, there's still other exclusives and limited items I didn't mention, such as the Fusion Cluster Protoform repaints, the LOC Bumblebees, Sypchanger Prime, '77 Bumblebee with clear windows... the multipacks of figures identical to retail, while neat or good for MISB collectors, probably aren't worth mentioning anyway, and most of those are already gone from stores.

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I didn't know that about the UK/Japanese Nightwatch Prime. Interesting.

Now that you mention it... I think I did read you mentioning something about Landmine before. And, yeah, I was more interested in Black Arcee & Incinerator. :D 

I just looked at tfarchive.com and they've got a huge list of exclusives from both sides of the ocean... a lot, like you stated, just aren't worth listing unless you're one of those guys who likes his stuff mint. It's just fascinating all the exclusives they came out with for this movie I think...

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    man there is so many movie toys I had no clue about so many named!!!

11. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Tak's Stockade looks to be the exact same with Hasbro's, no rubber wheels whatsoever. Only consolation for paying an extra $8 (for me, at least) was a teeny weeny allspark cube, that could perfectly disguise as... a piece of used eraser.