TFTM the game, played at NYC Cielo Promo Party

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by alec.zander, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Just got back from the party.
    Many (like, 20) plasma screens set up, but only about half running the game (on XBOX 360).
    Saw several levels, several characters.

SS
    Blackout
    Barricade
    Bumblebee
    Scorponok

Pros -

great bot mode models
    great alt mode models
    great transformations (well, could be a lil better)
    almost entirely destructible levels
    can pick up objects or other transformers and throw them

melee attacks: you can block, so there seems to be some very basic fighting system (run up, attack-block-attack-block-run, reposition -attack-throw) but seems way simplistic. Like, it would've been cool to have a system more like Soul Calibur, something more involving This is more just run up and mash.

Blackout can just grab the rotor head of his back and use it as weapon.
    SS does silly monkey flips.
    BB and Barricade have a punching/grappling thing.
    Scorponok does a stupid little spin, or strikes with his tail.

Other than that, they all have some ranged attacks.

Animation is OK. Its extremely extrememly repetitive animations. And they move like they are too light.

Targetting sucks! For ranged attacks and enemy detection, there's a very rery silly looking reticule. Missile trails look faint and weak and unimpressive. When fighting, you're mostly looking at your robot's butt and back, and can have trouble discerning what simple move your enemy is making. They should have made the camera switch to a 2P fighter's camera angle for TF vs TF duel.

Flight mode for SS and Blackout was sluggish. Like, flying at 60 mph

Gameplay doesn't feel very epic. Very "run here, do that, run there, do that". Energon cubes help replenish your health. Totally breaks the ultra-realisitc look of the robots and environments.

There seems to be a "hub" level from you can choose missions

Running around was kind sluggish too and un ... immersive.

But the TF's were nice.

I guess I was expecting better air movements like Ace Combat 5.
    Expecting driving more like a real car game.
    Melee more like a fighting game. It kind of feels like an arcadey compromise on all of thse.

But the TF's were nice.

Othwerise... they wouldn't serve us alcohol.
    They had a photo set up, I got mine. I'll cut out my face and post it, and y'all can pretend y'all were there!
    There was no sound on the game, cos of the loud music.
    They had some Wiiis too.
    They gave away mad free gum.
    They had a raffle, and a Guitar Master contest.

My friends and I had the most fun game - ping pong in the indoor court!!!!!

Blackout is beautiful. SS look OK. Barricade is good.

Yay, Ping-Pong!

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Well... that's not great to hear. I can't say I was expecting Soul Calibur fighting or Gran Turismo driving, though.

3. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I put 70 dollars on this damn thing. I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to play it, I'm going to get all the achievements, and I'm going to love it.

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate on that? Because in a Transformers game, the transformations are pretty damn important, and I was especially looking forward to all the movey-bits when they transform.

5. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Mite try reading thru the Transformers Stratagey Guide first.

BTW: Brawl and Bonecrusher are in the game.
    Ironhide has a boss battle with Brawl in the Autobot campain,While Starscream has to babysit Brawl and Bonecrusher in the Decepticon campain.

The Autobot/Decepitcon drones as well as the Boss fight all require that you throw something to stun them before using the melee attacks.

6. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

I can see it now...

"Brawl, what did I tell you about shooting that thing in the house? Bonecrusher!! PUT THE BUS DOWN!! If you have to throw it, throw it at THEM, not ME!!"

7. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Are they playable even though they are in the game? or do they just appear in the game? and also any multiplayer? maybe person vs person Robot battles?

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Good enough for me!

Weeeee toss!

Soul Calibur? I don't think even God of War's battle system was that deep...

9. alec.zander

They do recreate the "thousands of pieces" look. My critique was that the transformation animation was too synchrozined and too fast. Which is necessary in a very fast situation, but it didn't give them the feeling of massive bots and cars. Especially, blackout's was a bit too quick for my taste.

Another thing: Scorponok has a slow surface walking mode, and a much faster burrowing mode. He sometimes clips through the surface, and the animation is very very repetitive and cliched. The dust trails he raises are very badly rendered. Even on the 360.

I also played through and watched a lot of Barricade missions. The animations they give them, or at least Barricade, are very cartoonish, and not at all suggestive of mass and power.

10. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

the only thing that really sounds disappointing to me is the camera, i don't like the lock behind view they seem to have for this game, i think a more free roam type camera would be better, i think armada did that didn't it? (the game that is) anyways i wasn't expecting anything deeper than war of the monsters as far as fighting goes, and that was one of the games they looked at to see where they wanted to take the game battle wise, so that's of no surprise to me. anyways looking forward to next week to playing this game, only a few more days left

11. alec.zander

Ya, tru dat. So Cal is like the only other game I've played, though ...

12. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

I prefer a camera that's locked down, but adjustable, like say Ratchet and Clank. So you're not always wasting your time moving the darn thing, but if you want to, you can. I'll have to wait till I get this for my PS3 before making any judgements. What's one man's crap is another one's cup of tea. Take the movie, I think the designs are decent and I was excited from Day 1 that Michael Bay was directing. So even if someone else doesn't like it, there's still a chance I will. Then again, I might hate it, which would suck, since this is the only game I ever pre-ordered. If I get burned, then I'll never pre-order a game again.

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Their NPCs,don't know if they are unlockables.

Man like 90% of the game is timed stuff,run here.....go over there.....

14. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.